• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2m5m2kn.jpg

A Mesa County man has been found guilty in connection to the death of his infant son.

The Daily Sentinel of Grand Junction reports that Dartanin Mitchell, 38, on Thursday was found guilty of child abuse resulting in death and child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury, both felonies.

His sentencing has been scheduled for May 16. Mitchell is already serving a 39-year sentence in prison for unrelated convictions.

Prosecutors say Mitchell was alone with his son Lucius on May 27, 2011 when Grand Junction emergency responders received a call about an unconscious, not breathing child. Doctors who testified during the trial said Lucius suffered anywhere from nine to 26 fractures at various stages of healing at the time of his death.

Mitchell previously worked as a parenting mentor.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/mesa-county-man-found-guilty-in-infant-sons-death

Anyone care to guess why this dickwad is already in prison??? Does his name sound familiar for some reason? Hmmmm maybe cuz his 1st crime was already mentioned here. That's right folks. This piece of shit wins at being a piece of shit...
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...ut-alerting-cops-killed-lavonn-hoffman.54554/

You have me confused. Is the link you put the same guy or something? Different names. I'm so Damn confused. Please unconfuse me lol

You have me confused. Is the link you put the same guy or something? Different names. I'm so Damn confused. Please unconfuse me lol

I will try. From the DD link posted before:
Aside from Matileâs case, Dartanin Mitchell, 34, who is accused in a multistate crime spree over several months last year, fled Colorado after he managed in September to remove his county-issued ankle monitor without triggering alarms.

I knew this name sounded familiar.... It could be one of many reasons why.. I may only confuse you and myself more though. Hang on I will do my best not to.
This is from another link.. Involving beating kids also
GRAND JUNCTION Police in Fort Collins have reopened a 2004 child abuse case involving a woman charged with felony child abuse in Mesa County, a prosecutor said Monday. Erin M. Despain, 24, of Grand Junction, failed to appear at a pretrial hearing Monday morning in District Judge Brian Flynns courtroom. The judge issued a new $125,000 warrant for Despains arrest. According to attorneys involved in the case, Despains no-show happened days after Despain was told the Fort Collins Police Department has reopened an investigation into abuse allegations involving her oldest daughter dating back to November 2004. Despain wasnt charged in a case that Chief Deputy District Attorney Tammy Eret said fell through the cracks. Shes looking at two felonies cases in two jurisdictions, and her children are in foster care. I think she has reason to flee, Eret told the judge, arguing for a new arrest warrant in the case. Despain had been free on a $60,000 bond. She pleaded not guilty Dec. 3, 2007, and was set for trial starting April 21 on five counts of felony child abuse related to injuries suffered by her 2-month-old daughter in May 2007. Despain told doctors the girl had fallen several feet from a chair and suffered broken ribs. The toddler was brought to St. Marys Hospitals emergency room May 12 last year by Despain and her husband, Dartanian Mitchell, 30. Investigators later concluded the toddler had several injuries, many of them pre-existing, including a skull fracture, multiple rib fractures and a leg fracture all ruled to be non-accidental, according to court records. Despain surrendered in July on a Mesa County Sheriffs arrestwarrant.Fell through the cracks According to court records, Despain and Mitchell were both questioned after the couples oldest daughter, at the time 4 months, was treated at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins for a skull fracture on Nov. 7, 2004. Despain allegedly told doctors shed tripped while carrying the child in a car seat. She said the car seat fell and hit concrete. An emergency room doctor said the injury couldnt have happened in the manner described by the parents. Doctors in Denver, however, disagreed. The toddler was flown to Childrens Hospital in Denver Nov. 9, where a child abuse protection team ruled the trauma could have happened as described by Despain and Mitchell, according to court records. On Nov. 17, a radiologist at Childrens Hospital found the toddler had a healing rib fracture, one to three weeks old. The fracture was missed when the X-rays were originally reviewed, court records state. At the time, (hospitals child abuse protection team) did not change their finding regarding the skull fracture and no criminal charges were pursued. Later that same month, doctors determined the rib fracture had to have been caused by blunt force, or squeezing, and not caused by the fall that caused the skull fracture. Neither the defendant or Mr. Mitchell was able to provide an explanation for the cause of the rib fracture to the child, the court records said. The same child in January 2005 turned up at Fort Collins Poudre Valley Hospital with a broken wrist. In a memo viewed by the Free Press on Monday, a Fort Collins police detective wrote on July 19, 2005, that the childs original abuse investigation would be reopened. Eret on Monday said nothing apparently happened. The investigator left (Fort Collins Police Department), and it fell through the cracks, Eret told the judge Monday. Rita Davis, Fort Collins police spokeswoman, said the detective in question was reassigned within the department for reasons unrelated to the investigation involving Despains child. The detective has since left the department, she said. Davis said she was unaware of the July 2005 memo. (The case) remained closed until January 2008 and reopened based on information we received from Mesa County, Davis said.
http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080318/VALLEYNEWS/52362597
His Colorado DOC inmate info shows this:
5mjvt.jpg

I can only assume that he committed these crimes he is currently in prison on after removing the ankle bracelet placed for beating the kid in the above link. He's quite a fuck up... And now I'm confused too.. But gahhhhh he likes to break babies, that I am certain.

Thanks for the effort. I'm a little less confused now lol

Fuck. I am not though. Now I'm confused as to all of these charges n will keep digging. I pray I don't find more broken or dead babies. Hold my hand. I have a feeling its gonna get worse...

I'm sick of hearing about dead babies too. And I would love to hold your hand!! I am at work right now all night and my baby is at home safe and sound with her dad. When I read these stories I just want to go home and be with my kids and husband.. it makes me so sad and angry... It's senseless and anyone who hurts or kills any baby or child really doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as you or I.. or anyone like us. I don't understand it one bit.

Denver police announced Wednesday that they have arrested two men suspected in a series of armed robberies, including one where the clerk was shot in the face.

The suspects were identified as 19-year-old Rodney Mitchell and 34-year-old Dartanian Mitchell. Police did not say if and how they were related.

They were taken into custody without incident on Tuesday night after officers received numerous tips about their identity and location, Denver police spokesman John White said.

Dartanian Mitchell had outstanding warrants in Mesa County for burglary, theft, criminal mischief, and aggravated motor vehicle theft. There is also one pending case against him in Lakewood.

According to court records, Rodney Mitchell was involved in two robbery cases in Denver earlier this year. He served 90 days and was given two years probation for a robbery on July 26. He received two years probation in October for another robbery case that was pleaded down to assault on a person.

In the series of armed robberies, the suspects would steal cash from the registers, but they would also steal cookies and candy bars -- so police dubbed them the "Crummy Cookie Bandits."

In each case, Denver police said the robbers would buy something and when the clerk opened the cash register, the robbers would pull out guns and take money from the register.

Denver police said the men are also suspected of robbing Subway restaurants, Little Caesars pizzerias, a 7-Eleven and a Blockbuster in Denver.

The Denver robberies occurred on Nov. 20, Nov. 21, Nov. 23, Nov. 27 and Nov. 30. All of the robberies occurred between 6 p.m. and 7:50 p.m.

In one of the more violent incidents, two men walked into a 7-Eleven on West Colfax Avenue in Lakewood on Nov. 23 and one of them tried to buy a candy bar.

When the clerk opened the cash register to put the money in, the robber jumped the counter and pointed a BB gun at the clerk's face, police said. Investigators said a second man armed with a BB gun came up to the counter and helped the first man take money from the register.

When the clerk tried to reason with the men, the candy bar buyer shot her in the face, police said.

Officers said as the clerk ran to the storage room, the suspects continued to shoot at her.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...arrestedsuspects-in-clerk-s-shooting-arrested
Well this is comforting. Broken and dead babies. Armed robberies. Shooting people in the face.
Maybe I need to edit the title. Fuck, this guy sucks. On an epic level

Uh..? Glad the cat got hit instead of the baby but it's the title that makes the story a bit disappointing. I was picturing the cat doing one of these:
b6wx85.jpg

When really, it was more like:
zkldn8.jpg

Then this:
2cdchx.jpg

BUT, it does get the mind off of that baby beating nutter...which, by the way, doesn't even look like the same guy in those pics. That's GOTTA be two different people with the same name? Surely?!
1igax2.jpg

Ehh, his nose & lips are the same but dang, he looks different! Ah yeah, his ears too. Ok nevermind. Same guy. :eek:

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. This asswipe has basically been pillaging and murdering and they have just been letting him run around my state with a cute bandit nickname?

Let me get this straight. This asswipe has basically been pillaging and murdering and they have just been letting him run around my state with a cute bandit nickname?

Yep. Pretty much. For years even. Colorado is all kinda fucked up right now.

Uh..? Glad the cat got hit instead of the baby but it's the title that makes the story a bit disappointing. I was picturing the cat doing one of these:
b6wx85.jpg

When really, it was more like:
zkldn8.jpg

Then this:
2cdchx.jpg

BUT, it does get the mind off of that baby beating nutter...which, by the way, doesn't even look like the same guy in those pics. That's GOTTA be two different people with the same name? Surely?!
1igax2.jpg

Ehh, his nose & lips are the same but dang, he looks different! Ah yeah, his ears too. Ok nevermind. Same guy. :eek:

Seven, your post made me laugh, love it! The surprised cat face really got me. Also, I'm thinking his mug on the left is possibly pre-meth, just a guess. ;)

Either way, this guy has definitely bought a ticket on the fail train. In fact, he was even given a fail name. Let's leave Dartanian in the the musketeers where it belongs, mmmkay?

I find it absolutely hilarious that the cops named them the "crummy cookie bandits" -- What a pansy ass criminal moniker! Dartanian of the Crummy Cookie Bandits. Thug liiiife! Lol! I hope they were mocked relentlessly. And now that he's a convicted baby murderer, maybe his fellow inmates can enjoy calling him "cookie" as they make him their bitch. :mooning::wideyed:

I actually grew up in Lakewood not far from where they robbed that 7-Eleven. It used to be a lovely area when I was growing up, but now it's half very nice and half ghetto. West Colfax takes you to a beautiful business/shopping district, but East Colfax takes you to... well... just don't go down East Colfax after sunset. Or before sunset. Or, you know, ever.

My state sure is on a roll lately. :pout:

Oh and I almost forgot...
Mitchell previously worked as a parenting mentor.
Yet another FAIL. :banghead:

Last edited:
A man convicted in the death of his 5-week-old baby in Grand Junction five years ago will spend more than 40 years in prison.

Dartanin Mitchell was charged with child abuse resulting in death of his 5-week-old son, Lucius Lee Mitchell, who died in 2011 in Grand Junction. He was also charged with child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury.
[

Back