• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mom of 4

Trusted Member
33p3o0i.jpg

KALKASKA -- Patrick Wilson wasn't overly familiar with David DeJonge, but knew his daughter trusted the downstate man and relied on him for support.

Wilson met DeJonge a few times in the past, and he was shocked to discover DeJonge, of Bloomfield Township, is suspected of killing and dismembering his eldest daughter, Sarah Elizabeth Wilson.

"He said that Sarah was like a little sister to him," Wilson, 58, said. "Apparently, that was all a lie."

Kalkaska County Prosecutor Brian Donnelly charged DeJonge with an open count of murder and mutilation of a body Wednesday. DeJonge, 44, is being held in the Oakland County Jail on unrelated charges.

Police found Wilson's torso in a swampy area near Mecum Road in Kalkaska County's Oliver Township May 22. Her parents reported her missing May 12 after she didn't arrive at their Big Rapids home for a Mother's Day visit, Wilson said.

Sarah Wilson, 26, knew DeJonge for several years and lived with him in Bloomfield Township, Patrick Wilson said. DeJonge was supposed to drop her off in Big Rapids before continuing on to a cabin his family owns in Kalkaska County's Orange Township.

Investigators later found what they believe to be Wilson's blood on multiple items in the cabin, Donnelly said. They eventually located her remains after matching a set of tire tracks in the cabin's driveway to vehicle tracks near the edge of Mecum Road, Donnelly said. The tracks on Mecum were noticeably close to the edge of the road, and police found Wilson's remains nearby.

Portions of her body are still missing, Donnelly said.

"It's horrible beyond description," Donnelly said. "What's more horrible is the predicament of her parents and her brother and her sister ... their lives are intertwined with this now forever."

Investigators aren't entirely sure of a motive, Donnelly said.

"The closest thing that I can come up with ... is that she was apparently making plans to part company with him and return (to live with her parents)," Donnelly said.

Patrick Wilson said his daughter wasn't in a romantic relationship with DeJonge, but relied on him for housing and other support. She was a recovering alcoholic who was searching for a job, he said.

DeJonge spent about four years on probation with the Michigan Department of Corrections after a 2004 conviction for assault with intent to commit a felony, records show.

Investigators believe DeJonge left the area and returned multiple times after the crime, Donnelly said, and they think the torso was moved at least once. Wilson's death likely occurred near the cabin, police believe.

DeJonge was arrested near Grand Rapids on an unrelated drug possession warrant from the Auburn Hills Police Department and has been in custody there since May 21. Officials hope to have him in Kalkaska County to be arraigned on the murder and mutilation charges by Friday, Donnelly said.

Patrick Wilson said his daughter was articulate, funny and charming. Her family has endured a "roller-coaster ride" of emotion since she went missing, he said.

The charges bring a measure of relief, Patrick Wilson said.

"We know that this guy's not going to be out on the street doing this to some other woman," he said.

Sarah Wilson leaves behind a 3 -year-old son, Patrick Wilson said. The son lives with his father in the Grand Rapids area.

http://www.record-eagle.com/local/local_story_171094529.html

I wonder how they met several years ago? I am also thinking that maybe he cared for her more than she did for him and became angry about her moving back home.

I feel for her family and for her little girl..what a terrible way to lose your daughter and your mother.
Hopefully he will never walk the streets again! Better yet..hopefully Bubba kills his ass while he is in prison!

He is a lot older than her. I would like to see a photo.

I shall grant you your wish UC :photo:

2vw7kvn.jpg

It is really dark. Maybe on of our picture guys can fix that?

Also there are more details here.

A missing person investigation turns into a murder investigation in Kalkaska County after a woman is found dead. Now prosecutors have linked a suspect to the crime scene and are charging him with her death. Sara Wilson was reported missing in May. Investigators say she was last seen with David Dejonge. Dejonge was questioned about her disappearance but said he had nothing to do with it.

Investigators say it started off as an innocent alibi when David Dejonge told police he was not involved in the disappearance of Sara Wilson, but when Dejonge was questioned the prosecutor says his story didn't quite add up.

"Our investigation compared information that various people have got from him and it's not all the same the story has been changing," said Kalkaska County Prosecutor Brian Donnelly.

But what did not change was the hard evidence. Investigators say DNA tests prove it was Wilson's blood and a portion of her body that was found in and around Dejonge's cabin in Kalkaska County.

"The remains of this woman were badly mutilated in an effort to disguise her identification," said Donnelly. And the prosecutor says there's more evidence Dejonge tried to hide the crime.

"Another spot was located that appeared to be a place where her body may have been hidden for some period of time and then later moved," said Donnelly.

Now it's a case of open murder and mutilation.The prosecutor says it may have been the relationship he had with Wilson that could have driven him to her murder. "There does seem to be reason to believe that she was preparing to leave him and return to live with her parents that may have been the reason," said Donnelly.

Tomorrow he will be brought back to Kalkaska to face a judge for the murder of Sara Wilson. Dejonge is in jail in Oakland County on unrelated charges and is scheduled for arraignment as early as Friday afternoon

http://www.tv7-4.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=148872

This is unspeakable, it makes me want to crawl under a rock and never date anyone ever again. That poor family.

He's an ugly fucking waste of air.

Oh fucking boo-hoo-hoo.

Exactly. It is an act. http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/images/smilies/smilies2/violin.gif
:violin:

This guy worked at the same company as I did when I lived in Michigan a few years ago. He got into trouble in Vegas at the time and was fired shortly after. He spent almost a year in the Clark County Jail after getting mixed up with a call girl and her pimp. His story was that they tried to extort money from him. Their story was that he abused her all night in a hotel room.

The guy's been on a downward spiral for several years. I never thought I'd see the reality of this done by someone I knew of. This is the stuff you see on Forensic Files and think, "Wow, that's interesting, I really can't think of anyone who would do something like this."

He's at least a 3 time offender now and I don't think Michigan has the death penalty. He'll finally be off the streets for good now. Can you believe he actually pled not guilty to this?

Exactly. It is an act. http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/images/smilies/smilies2/violin.gif
:violin:

This guy worked at the same company as I did when I lived in Michigan a few years ago. He got into trouble in Vegas at the time and was fired shortly after. He spent almost a year in the Clark County Jail after getting mixed up with a call girl and her pimp. His story was that they tried to extort money from him. Their story was that he abused her all night in a hotel room.

The guy's been on a downward spiral for several years. I never thought I'd see the reality of this done by someone I knew of. This is the stuff you see on Forensic Files and think, "Wow, that's interesting, I really can't think of anyone who would do something like this."

He's at least a 3 time offender now and I don't think Michigan has the death penalty. He'll finally be off the streets for good now. Can you believe he actually pled not guilty to this?

Wow, thanks for popping in and telling what you know of the guy. Welcome to the D'D!

Hi:

I am a family member of this woman who was killed and it is simply horrific. As I do every day, I googled the killer's name and got to this forum, and was somewhat shocked to see this discussion. Even though you don't know us, it is gratifying to see and read other people's support. Believe me, this is the type of thing you NEVER expect to happen to someone you know. To answer one question, she met this guy 8 years ago when she worked at a bar. Even though he was 20 years older than her, he became her "friend" who was always there to take care of her when she needed something, even though she had a relationship and a son with someone else. As far as I knew, they were not romantically involved and we believe that had something to do with whatever happened the day he killed her. This pyscho dismembered her body the day before Mother's Day and then calmly lied to Sarah's mother when she called looking for her. He's still lying about it, even though the prosecutors brought in a truckload of evidence (literally) at his arraignment that ties him directly to the crime.

He is a beast and if they ever let him out of jail, he will suffer greatly. He is a tremendously weak man and I can't wait to ask him at his sentencing if he got what he wanted. We just hope he will disclose where he put the rest of her because they only found one part.

Welcome KAJ and thanks for the info. It's always nice to hear from a family member. My condolences to you and your family and I do hope that justice is served and your family can have closure. Peace...

Hi:

I am a family member of this woman who was killed and it is simply horrific. As I do every day, I googled the killer's name and got to this forum, and was somewhat shocked to see this discussion. Even though you don't know us, it is gratifying to see and read other people's support. Believe me, this is the type of thing you NEVER expect to happen to someone you know. To answer one question, she met this guy 8 years ago when she worked at a bar. Even though he was 20 years older than her, he became her "friend" who was always there to take care of her when she needed something, even though she had a relationship and a son with someone else. As far as I knew, they were not romantically involved and we believe that had something to do with whatever happened the day he killed her. This pyscho dismembered her body the day before Mother's Day and then calmly lied to Sarah's mother when she called looking for her. He's still lying about it, even though the prosecutors brought in a truckload of evidence (literally) at his arraignment that ties him directly to the crime.

He is a beast and if they ever let him out of jail, he will suffer greatly. He is a tremendously weak man and I can't wait to ask him at his sentencing if he got what he wanted. We just hope he will disclose where he put the rest of her because they only found one part.

PM me. I used to (unfortunately) work at the same place he did in Grand Rapids. He is definitely a sociopath and has been in seroius trouble before. I may have some info to share.

I emailed you Scorpio, this forum said you couldn't get PM's. Please respond I would love to hear more. I emailed you my email address.

Welcome Kaj!

I'm sorry for your families loss and wish nothing but swift justice to you. Hang around a while and please keep us updated on any new information.

My condolences to the family I'm just reading this because I know the Vegas call girl that he abused. I just wanted to say my prayers are with the family , and tho it's not much help now but the Lord will see to his punishment he can't escape that.

Back