• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I find links for kickass stories from time to time, but my office blocks DD for some totally unknown reason so I'm stuck attempting to post on my phone which is too much of a pain in the ass. If there is anyone that wants to create the threads I'd definitely send them over. I think other members would too.

What I'm kinda getting at is that if anyone likes posting but doesn't find stories, speak up. People will happily send them over if we know who wants em.

On that note, If someone has a link to a news story to post, can they be encouraged to post the link in shout? I know @Valasca does sometimes.

I admit to getting lazy about trawling for new stories, but will make more of an effort! And I'm happy to post for others who are unable or nervous if they link in shout and ask someone to post. Will also talk people through through how to post a new thread if they like. Although I don't know how to post from a phone either, so that tutorial idea would be good.

I find links for kickass stories from time to time, but my office blocks DD for some totally unknown reason so I'm stuck attempting to post on my phone which is too much of a pain in the ass. If there is anyone that wants to create the threads I'd definitely send them over. I think other members would too.

What I'm kinda getting at is that if anyone likes posting but doesn't find stories, speak up. People will happily send them over if we know who wants em.

You can put me on your post-a-story list, Spiff. I have a strict firewall at work, too. but the majority of my job is e-comm, so I'm here quite a bit off and on throughout the day/evening anyway. At least half the ones I find have already been posted when I have time to surf for them, so I'm always looking for the interesting, heinous and creepy stuff. :)

@Morbid Is there any way to improve the search function?

I haven't been keeping up with all the threads, and everyone hates being the one to post a dupe. But Whenever I try to search, it often takes two or three goes before it works, and even then it doesn't always pick things up, especially if names aren't in the title of an existing thread.

I've lagged in that department mostly because I work a lot and it's a pain posting from my phone.
One of the biggest issues for me is the stories start to become redundant, and I lose interest.
A merit system would be nice. Maybe not gifts, but if you post x amount of stories you can pick one to podcast with Morbid about. Trophies are good for some. I like the work towards bold as well, but I have scruples with anything that takes money from the site. I want the blogs back. I'm willing to work on that financially with you, morby if you can find a way. We could do something like easter eggs in a video game. Post x amount of stories and have this privilege or hidden feature unlocked. X amount of stories to remove neg ratings. X amount of stories for added profile and avatar features. X amount of stories for blogs.

As for the shout out, it wasn't necessary, but much appreciated. I believe in this place, and these people. This is my break from the real shitty world. Thank you for being the only consistent part of my life for almost the past decade, fucker.

@Morbid Is there any way to improve the search function?

I haven't been keeping up with all the threads, and everyone hates being the one to post a dupe. But Whenever I try to search, it often takes two or three goes before it works, and even then it doesn't always pick things up, especially if names aren't in the title of an existing thread.

Unfortunately, not at the moment. I know it sucks - and I have fell victim to it as well. I wouldn't worry about it too much, as it is pretty easy for us to merge dupe posts. Not the best solution, but the only one we have at the moment.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong mobile users, but a couple of drawbacks with being able to post stories from the Smartphones are that the highlight, copy, cut & paste functions are ridiculously hard to use correctly on a LOT of makes/models anyway, and the mobile format for the site when trying to post acts randomly hinky at times. I thought it was just my phone, as usual, but I've tried it with my son's phone and three others (both Android and iPhone) since early this year and it still acts up.

Of course there's nothing that can be done about the user issues with the cells, but is the mobile format optimized/running smoothly?

Anyone else have trouble with the D'D mobile format when trying to post (not the c&p, copy & highlight stuff)?

I will send more stories I see so somone else can post for me. I'm almost always using my phone. I'm an idiot and get frustrated trying to do the quotes and stuff on my phone.

Unfortunately, not at the moment. I know it sucks - and I have fell victim to it as well. I wouldn't worry about it too much, as it is pretty easy for us to merge dupe posts. Not the best solution, but the only one we have at the moment.
The easiest way to find a story is to search for the main person in the story by name but in quotations. It's a Google search, phrases in quotations exclude anything other than that exact match. For example, this thread can be found searching for "We need news" if you were to search directly from Google you would search for "we need news" dreamindemon.

I hope that helps.

On that note, If someone has a link to a news story to post, can they be encouraged to post the link in shout?

That's great sometimes, and it used to always work. But I've noticed a lot of stories are lost in shout nowadays so I'd be more likely to take the time to share a link with somebody via PM. A lot of the people who volunteered aren't shout whorebags so it's nice to get a few more people to reach out to.

I'd love to write stories for this site but simply don't have the time. I can churn out some pretty good crap when I let the shit simmer in my head for awhile, but breaking news demands instant results.

Question: is there an expiration date on when we can post a story?

Meaning, say something suitably horrible happened a week or a couple of weeks ago... can it still be written up?

Somewhere in my head I'm thinking there was a rule about this that I'd read somewhere, at some point... but I'm not positive.

I will try. I tend to get 'wordy' and meander on a bit, but I'll try to make it more succinct.

Question: is there an expiration date on when we can post a story?

Meaning, say something suitably horrible happened a week or a couple of weeks ago... can it still be written up?

Somewhere in my head I'm thinking there was a rule about this that I'd read somewhere, at some point... but I'm not positive.

I know there was a guideline of no more than a week old, but I'm sure if it was for the threads or specifically for the Front Page. (?)

I promise as soon as I'm done harvesting my lovely, scrumptious garden, I will put my OCD in the drivers seat and post like mad.

I don't have time to write stories, nor do I possess the ability to write stories. I'm lucky I can spell my own name half the time.

Can we make a sticky somewhere with a list of people who are willing to write stores? Then it's easy access for people like me, who have memory cells migrating to my ass with every breath, to find someone to send them to?

Or is posting a link to a story in Shout enough for someone to grab it, should they have the time??

And just so I'm not confused - a story goes on the front page OR in a new thread as a thread AND can be both? Stories can link to threads, threads can link to stories? And threads can be posted in yet stories posted as threads can not? That was a mouthful. Sorry!

I apologize - I spend most of my time in the forum and unfamiliar with the FP, but will make a point of going there to see what's happening.

Back