• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/teen-allergic-to-wifi-commits-suicide-parents-say-223912154.html

Jenny Fry, 15, was found hanging from a tree near her home in the U.K. last June. Her story is now coming to light because of a legal investigation into the cause of Jenny’s death.

Her mother, Debra Fry, told the Mirror that Jenny suffered from blinding headaches, fatigue, concentration problems, and bladder issues that she says were caused by electro-hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS), a condition in which electromagnetic radiation emitted from wireless technology, including Wi-Fi, cellphones, and cell towers, causes debilitating physical symptoms.

Although Jenny’s parents had removed Wi-Fi from their home, which helped, it was still present at her school. “Both Jenny and I were fine at home, but Jenny continued to be ill at school in certain areas,” said Fry.

Jenny received several detentions in school, not for being disruptive in class, but because she’d often have to leave the classroom to find an area away from Wi-Fi where she could concentrate.

Fry had shared information about Wi-Fi’s potential problems with the head teacher of Jenny’s school, Simon Duffy, but according to Fry, Duffy told her there was an equal amount of information that shows Wi-Fi is harmless.

“I also had a heated exchange with teachers telling them Jenny was allergic to Wi-Fi, and that it made no sense making her take detentions in rooms that were making her ill,” said Fry. “The least they could do was allow her to take them in rooms where she felt able to concentrate, but they wouldn’t listen.”

Fry believes Jenny’s suicide attempt was meant to be a cry for help. A police statement said that on the day Jenny died, she had texted a friend twice, telling the friend about her intentions to commit suicide and stating where she was, according to the Mirror. But her friend didn’t have her phone with her to see the texts in time.

“Jenny left letters for us where she said she couldn’t cope with her allergies from Wi-Fi anymore,” Fry told the Telegraph. “She left them for us in case things went too far, but I don’t believe she wanted to die.”

I don't think there would be anywhere she could go and not find a wi-fi signal lurking.

Last edited:
I wonder how true this is. I'm allergic to central A/C to the point I can't sleep with it on or my throat closes up. I just thought it was a weird thing that happened only to me, but I found out from my doctor that you can be allergic to A/C and that's what it was.

Personally, I find it remarkable that she was able to concentrate long enough to write and send a text since texts emit RF. Or perhaps it was only the 2400 MHz Wi-Fi signal she was allergic to instead of the 950 MHz cell phone signal she was allergic to.

--Al

Personally, I find it remarkable that she was able to concentrate long enough to write and send a text since texts emit RF. Or perhaps it was only the 2400 MHz Wi-Fi signal she was allergic to instead of the 950 MHz cell phone signal she was allergic to.

--Al
I wondered the same thing. How could she text and use cell phones and be okay? This sounds a little odd to me. Our small town grocery store even has free Wi-Fi. How could she go anywhere?

"tend to experience some combination of physical symptoms like nausea, headaches, palpitations, fatigue and rashes/other dermatological problems, often at the same time. (Less commonly, they may also complain of confusion, memory loss, panic attacks and the like.)"

Not saying it's real or not real, but these symptoms sound a lot like Fibromyalgia or any number of other illness. So my hinky meter is up on this one.

I recently rewatched the movie Safe (1995) which is about chemical sensitivity (solvents, plastics, perfumes, smoke, pollen etc). I ended up researching and reading some personal accounts of illnesses like this.

While I do believe some of these sensitivities exist I'm still skeptical about how many of the reported cases are more psychological. Regardless these conditions have significant impact on quality of life, and a much higher rate of anxiety, depression and suicide. 15 years old, she was just a kid.

hmm I recently watched some documentary about a lil town somewhere I think in the midwest that is fully free of all electronics and people with EHS go there... still not sure I believe its a real thing though... and.. I cant remember the friggen name of the movie...

hmm I recently watched some documentary about a lil town somewhere I think in the midwest that is fully free of all electronics and people with EHS go there... still not sure I believe its a real thing though... and.. I cant remember the friggen name of the movie...
Ooooh, I wanna go there.

I work for a provider of internet, cable, phone and recently had a customer tell me she was allergic to wifi so I googled it and apparently it is a real thing. BUT this customer was a little nutty so I think there was some mental illness going on.

Back