• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
Sydney-Danielle-White_1411496357871_8344686_ver1.0_640_480_zpsx8on1m06.jpg

A 20-year-old Mesa County woman is being held on $100,000 cash bond

[...]

The Grand Junction Police Department says Angel Place, who was 11 months old, died at the hands of her foster parent, Sydney White, on September 17.

According to an arrest affidavit, White was arrested two days later, after admitting to authorities she held the child by the neck and shook her multiple times because she wouldn’t stop screaming.

White said the baby initially became lethargic, but appeared to be doing better later on during the day.

[...]

. Officials say her injuries were so extensive, she needed to be Care-Flighted to Denver Children’s Hospital, where she died.

[...]

Theodore Place, the baby’s biological father, is not only blaming white, but also the Mesa County Department of Human Services.

"Mesa County is so corrupt and so disorganized it's not funny,” said Place.

[...]

MCDHS released the following statement on Tuesday: “This is currently an open child welfare investigation.

[...]

According to the affidavit, the doctor performing the autopsy on Angel said the death has been ruled as a homicide and the cause was blunt force head injuries.
http://www.krextv.com/story/foster-...ge-of-child-abuse-resulting-in-death-20140923

Theodore Place, the baby’s biological father, is not only blaming white, but also the Mesa County Department of Human Services.
When the parents start blaming everyone in cases like this I always want to know why they didn't have custody?

Listen, it's absolutely White's fault but before I go blaming everyone under the sun I want to know why the child wasn't with their parents.

Well, it looks like baby Angel was removed for reasons unknown, for her safety and well being. What a joke that turned out to be.

That was the best DCF could find? I realize 20 year olds are adults by law, but I fail to see the benefit of placing that baby with people who were only kids themselves. I know the main goal of family services is always to keep the family together, and reunification, but there had to have been better options for the placement of this child. Also, I call bullshit on mom's explanation of why the child was taken from the home. If the parents "fought," DCF might've gotten them into counseling, but actually removing a child from a home takes something drastic.

I'm sorry to say this (no I'm not) but from looking at everyones facebooks...I don't think babygirl had much of a chance with any of those people (biological and foster).

According to an arrest affidavit, White told police that she accidentally dropped Angel on the floor on September 12. While Angel suffered a minor cut to her lip and a bloody nose, she displayed no other additional symptoms as a result of the fall, White said.
[...]
Sydney said she held Angel by the neck with both hands and shook her multiple times,” the affidavit states.

The document goes on to say, “Sydney stated she was out of control, saying she didn’t know for how long she shook Angel, or how many times she shook her."

White told authorities she stopped shaking Angel after one of her children came in the room and said, “Mommy, stop it,” according to the affidavit.
[...]

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/09/29/white-sydney-arrested-death-foster-child-angel

Baby shaking murderer Sydney White from Grand Junction, Colorado was sentenced yesterday, she got a little over 30 years (details below). This just popped up on our local news a couple of hours ago.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/01/foster-child-death/76603036/

From the article:
A woman who has pleaded guilty in connection to the death of a foster baby she was caring for has been sentenced to more than 30 years in prison.

The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel reports that 21-year-old Sydney White was sentenced on Monday to 30 years, plus a consecutive one-year sentence for tampering with evidence, in the death of 11-month-old Angel Place.

[ ... ]

Grand Junction police say White told them she violently shook Angel, grabbing the child with both hands by the neck Sept. 15 when the infant wouldn't stop crying.

I'm just curious, how do you tamper with that kind of physical evidence? I'd think it would be glaringly obvious to the medical examiner. Not sure what you could possibly pull out of a hat as a back story... well, a believable one at least. Oh, who am I kidding? It was the mean old couch/bathtub/stairs again! Still, what evidence could she have tampered with exactly?

Sydney White:

635845606970102583_WHITE_Sydney_190x250.jpg

She looks like a baby herself, so to speak. I agree with others above, I know the DCF were trying to keep Angel with her family members, but they should have found a more suitable foster situation. Sad all around.

Last edited:
The “mother" still hasn't gotten her shit together. I lost track of all the men she's professed her love for just this year.

Theres no excuse for any fukn body in this whole shitty scenario...every single mutherfukn "adult" in this situation fukd up, bad, and it cost this poor lil baby her life. Fukn garbage, real talk

The Colorado Court of Appeals rejected a request for post-conviction relief from a Grand Junction woman who was found guilty of murdering her 11-month-old foster child in 2014.

A three-judge panel ruled last week that there was nothing amiss in the trial, nor the 31-year sentence for Sydney Danielle White, who was convicted in the death of the infant child after she was removed from life support.

“Before removing her life support, the attending physicians discovered that (the child) had skull fractures, bleeding and swelling to the brain,” Judge Lino Lipinsky wrote in the ruling, which was joined by Judges Gilbert Roman and Elizabeth Harris.

“The investigators assigned to the case reported that White admitted to accidentally dropping (the child), resulting in a minor cut on (the child’s) lip and a bloody nose,” Lipinsky added. “White also told the investigator that, three days later, when she could not get (the child) to stop screaming, White held (the child) by the neck and with both hands and shook her multiple times.”

In her appeal, which White filed without an attorney, she tried to argue that she deserved a new trial because her then defense counsel had a “potential” conflict of interest, failed to investigate aspects of the case, and that she was coerced into take a plea deal by caseworkers and detectives.

The appeals court, however, ruled that White offered only conclusory or vague statement to all of her allegations.

White currently is serving her sentence in the La Vista Correctional Facility in Pueblo. She is eligible for parole in January 2028.
1629484662383.png

Back