• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
detroit24n-6-web.jpg

A 91-year-old man was beaten, covered with gasoline and set on fire in a homicide in northwest Detroit early Monday, police said.

Officers and firefighters discovered Paul Monchnik's body when witnesses reported the blaze at the retired TV repairman’s Bentler Court home around 3 a.m., officials with the Detroit Police Department told WJBK-TV.

Investigators also found a possible gunshot wound on Monchnik’s head, and they’re still waiting for autopsy results before they name his official cause of death, according to the Detroit Free Press. Police have released a security camera image of a suspect they say was seen buying a jug full of gasoline at a nearby store.

They haven’t identified the man, who is described as a 5-foot-9 African-American in his 20s. Monchnik’s 2000 silver Chevrolet Venture van with CNU1721 is still missing, Police Chief James Craig said at a news conference Monday.

“This is a horrible crime, we’re asking for your help,” Craig said. “We’re going to do everything we can to identify this person. We do know there was a burglary."

He continued, "We believe during the suspect's entry into this home, there was an attack. However, in order for the suspect to cover his tracks, he decided to leave the location, obtain some gasoline, return and set the victim and the home on fire.”

Representatives for the police department didn’t immediately respond to a request for any updates in the search for the suspect Monday night.

The victim’s son, Scott Monchnik, told the Daily News his father immigrated to the U.S. from Poland and fixed televisions for almost 50 years. He’s survived by three children, four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren he had recently met face-to-face for the first time two weeks ago.

“This is a heinous act beyond anything. This guy has to get caught and held accountable,” Monchnik said. “We would trust anybody with a conscience to step forward and put this S.O.B. behind bars.”

The family has planned a funeral for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday morning in Farmington Hills. Monchnik's relatives are asking those who feel moved by his death to give to a charity of their choice, his son said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/detroit-man-91-beaten-set-fire-homicide-article-1.2444685

"...immigrated to the U.S. from Poland and fixed televisions for almost 50 years. He’s survived by three children, four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren he had recently met face-to-face for the first time two weeks ago."

And his thanks, in the grand cosmic plan, was to end up like this at the hands of a piece of shit who probably couldn't be bothered with working for a living.

I think I've seen enough shit for the day.

I hate to sound so jaded, but when I read the exact piece you quoted, the first thing I wondered was if one of his "three children, four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren" had anything to do with it and if he had a Will and/or any valuables. :(

I can't wrap my head around the murder of elderly people. To have lived so long, and then be murdered is heinous.

Fucking nasty little psychopath.

B99342475Z.1_20160105161535_000_G0FOIBDI.1-0-1.jpg

Kilak Kesha said an autopsy found Paul Monchnik had a fifth of a cup of a by-product of an accelerant that was possibly gasoline. He said the victim may have been forced to drink it.

“It would have to come through the mouth,” Kesha testified in 36th District Court. “The victim could have drank it or (had it put into his open mouth while he was unconscious).”

Kesha testified Dec. 14 on the first day of the preliminary examination that Monchnik was burned on more than 80 percent of his body, ranging from first to fourth degree. He also said an injury to Monchnik’s head alone would be enough to kill him.

George Stewart IV was ordered Tuesday to stand trial in the case. The 17-year-old is charged with first-degree murder, felony murder and burning a dwelling.

Judge Kenneth King said it was sad the man lived as long as he did and chose to stay in the city of Detroit only to meet his end the way he did.

“There is nothing good about this case ... at all,” King said Tuesday.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...teen-court-elderly-neighbor-killing/78302852/

The victim, Paul Monchnik.

paul-monchnikjpg-58838d2fc8499551.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/i...etroit_killed.html#incart_most_shared-detroit

Another fucking "tough guy" victimizing the elderly.

His pouty slut mouth will be put to good use in prison. Then he can enjoy having something forced down his throat, too. Fucking degenerate piece of shit.

Dayum...Whenever I see/read stories like this? I cannot think that we must, nay...NEED to bring back the good ol Babylonian Code of Hammurabi.

Swift, cheap, and pure justice.

Piece of shit. Wonder if Mr. Monchnik called the police on this turd and he retaliated? Burning his mouth as a message kind-of-thing?

"
The victim could have drank it or (had it poured into his open mouth while he was unconscious)"

God I really hope it was the latter!

Such a sweet grandfatherly looking guy- made it 92 yrs only to be killed by some punk for whatever stupid reason!:(

Judge Kenneth King said it was sad the man lived as long as he did and chose to stay in the city of Detroit only to meet his end the way he did.
I say it was sad that he chose to stay in the city of Detroit, period.

Knowing people like this, it was probably to steal a tv or something.

Horrific. This psycho is of no use to society. I wish an eye for an eye as justice for this man. Hopefully prison justice will be just as wicked.

This story just gets better.

The surveillance footage from the gas station shows the little psychopath driving Mr Monchnik's van to get the petrol. Obviously after he'd kicked the shit out of the defenseless old man.

And it gets even better. He was interviewed by fox imediately after the house fire. Giving a false account on camera. Nonchalant as fuck. Psychopath.

Video here. http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/54189954-story

A bit more info.

Kesha, one of two witnesses to testify today, said Monchnik died of blunt force head trauma and thermal injuries. He had burns on about 80% of his body, and there was about one-fifth cup of the accelerant found in his stomach, Kesha said.

Monchnik also had a skull fracture, three cutting injuries on the back of his left hand and two broken ribs on the left side of his body, Kesha testified.

“At the time the ribs were broken, the victim was alive,” he said.

Under cross-examination by Stewart’s attorney, Gabi Silver, Kesha said there was one blow to the head and that could have caused unconsciousness.

Stewart had been staying with his grandfather, Monchnik’s next-door neighbor, for several days before the homicide.

Detroit Police Department Sgt. Brian Bowser testified today that during a search of the house where Stewart was staying, tennis shoes with what he believed was blood spatter on them were found and part of Monchnik’s cell phone was in the backyard.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...sed-death-elderly-detroit-man-court/78280960/

And of course! Mummy's little flower is innocent ......

The mother of a teen charged in the death of a 91-year-old Detroit man whose battered body was found in his burning home last month proclaimed her son's innocence outside a courtroom Wednesday, saying that "there's more to the story."

But three witnesses called by the prosecution — two family members and a Romulus High School resources officer — said they positively identified 17-year-old George Stewart as the suspect seen in surveillance footage released by Detroit Police after Paul Monchnik, a retired TV repairman, was found dead in his home Nov. 21.

"We believe he's innocent," Syretta Moore told the Free Press about her son. "He did not do the killing. He did not set that man on fire. There's a lot more going on. There's more to the story."

Five witnesses were called Wednesday, including two of Stewart's aunts, who said they called police after they saw photos from surveillance footage on the news that they believed were of their nephew. Denise Clanton, Stewart's great aunt, said she didn't initially recognize him because the photos were dark, but upon a second glance, she said she realized it was him.

"The next day, I knew exactly, because he looks like his sister, they have the same features and I took care of her for years," Clanton told the court.

635852791196157244-STEWART-120815-rhb4-1.jpg
635852791196313246-STEWART-120815-rhb7-1.jpg

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...een-charged-slaying-man-91-innocent/77045228/

Yeah, yeah...there's always "more to the story." Funny how it's always the criminal element repeating that mantra...

fucking little bastard! How dare his mom say "theres more to the story" they better lock him up and throw away the key because he is frickin psycho. homicidal maniac!

This was covered here
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...e-with-possible-gun-shot-wound-to-head.80618/

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-widowed-veteran-91-who-was-beaten-and-set-on

"Since he was a little boy, Monchnik called Detroit home and prided himself in knowing his city inside and out, family said.

“He came over as an immigrant when he was about eight from Poland,” his son, Scott Monchnik, 56, told INSIDE EDITION. “He went to school in Detroit, then he went off to World War II. He was in the Army; he made it through the war.”

When he returned, Monchnik went to school to become a television repairman and started his own business, his son said.

“He was always in Detroit. He went into people’s houses and fixed their TVs. He knew every street in the city, and it’s a big city,” Scott Monchnik said. “He was kind and open-minded… He had no prejudice, he had no malice and he was a kind-hearted man..
."

And the murderer is 17 which means the worst he can get is LWOP...

Fucking fabulous, like that little psychopath needs to waste more oxygen.

I wanna know the part of the story where she tells us just what the fuck she was doing while her son was out robbing and murdering? Hell what has she been doing since he was a kid that now as a damn near adult he does this for shits and giggles?
How bout she tell me that shit.

An 18-year-old Detroit man will spend 30 to 60 years in prison for the slaying of a 91-year-old neighbor.

George Stewart IV was sentenced Friday in Wayne County Circuit Court.

At the time of his arrest, Stewart’s family members seemed shocked by the accusations; one relative telling WWJ, “…He’s supposed to be at Romulus High School playing basketball, going to class like all his siblings.” He pleaded guilty Sept. 16 to second-degree murder.

Scott Monchnik said in court Friday that his father’s “life was brutally taken … by a monster.”

According to family members, Monchnik was a widower and father of three who had lived in his home for 65 years. He worked for more than 50 years as a self-employed television repairman before retiring.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/10...n-for-murder-of-91-year-old-detroit-neighbor/

Which means there is a story. But he is innocent because...reasons. Riiiiiiiiight.o_O
Because he was on the honor roll and on his way to college (sarcasm). Someone should beat the hell out of his mother for saying there is more to the story. The only thing we can be sure of is that he is the product of a single mother and deserves to be lit on fire put out and set on fire again.

The mother is a piece of filth, no dobut about it.

Sickening they gave him such a lenient sentence

If there was more to the story the aunts wouldn't have turned the little shit stain in. They'd be just as loyal as mama to this little reject and thank God they weren't. He needs to be locked away and clearly they knew that.
I'm upset that this is what he chose to do with his life for whatever reason.

Latest posts

Back