• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Her 10-yr-old is basically panhandling, but she drives a Honda Odyssey?

She could have a high ass payment and he could be doing what he's doing because he just wants a candy bar. I see kids all the time trying to pump gas for money, I always think "well that's a lot better than robbing people".

She could have a high ass payment and he could be doing what he's doing because he just wants a candy bar. I see kids all the time trying to pump gas for money, I always think "well that's a lot better than robbing people".

It's possible he just wanted a candy bar, but I doubt. It sounds like this was a regular thing for both him and the victim.

Regardless, I think you are a horrible parent if your 10-yr-old is pumping gas for change when the family isn't in dire straits. You don't let them do something so dangerous for a candy bar.

Last edited:
I see kids all the time trying to pump gas for money, I always think "well that's a lot better than robbing people".
I see this as an urban twist on my kids shoveling snow or raking leaves for people.

I'm not speaking specifcally to the child int his case given all the circumstances of that, but honestly, it doens't seem any different than what my kids would ask neighbors to do for them for a few dollars. I'm guessing urban Philly is filled with the rolling lawns and maple trees that we have 4 hours north.

I have to say that I agree, those kids could be doing much worse.

:muted::muted:I will shut up ... because I want to rant and I feel I may be banned for my words :rage::punch::finger::devil::punch::rage::devil::punch: Ignorant FUCKS !!!:finger::finger::finger:

Someone can say something bad enough to get banned?? hat is badass, I've seen some pretty sick shit said, and have said it. If there is "bad enough to get banned" I need to see it

Those are three vile cunts. I hope they get the full force of what they deserve. Here's hoping they get the same "justice" in prison so can better understand the shit they've done. Damn worthless assholes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/24/the-lie-that-turned-moms-into-murderers.html

A lttle bit of information on the victim, Robert Barnes

People who knew Barnes, including the monsignor at an area parish, say that what little the homeless man had he was always willing to share with others.

“We’re the same age for a month,” Barnes’s sister Diane told The Daily Beast. “I turned 51 Nov. 27, two days after Bobby died. He used to tell people I was his twin sister.” He would have been 52 this coming Monday.

“They just didn’t give a shit, these people, I mean, it’s obvious. The cameras were right in their view and they didn’t care.”
Diane Barnes learned her brother had been critically wounded when her stepbrother, a Philly cop, called her about the incident when he saw it reported on the news.

She recognized her brother in the video by the boots she had given him.

Barnes said her brother was still conscious when paramedics arrived. “He told the ambulance driver that he was just jumped by five black girls and beat with a hammer, so he knew what happened to him. And then when he was brought to the hospital that’s when he fell unconscious from bleeding on the brain. At that time they raced him into surgery and removed a great portion of his skull to alleviate the pressure, and of course when I went in to see him, I just lost it.”

Her brother had been on the streets on and off for two decades and was estranged from many family members due to his alcoholism, she said. He worked occasionally with his father as a roofer.

“I want this mother that did this, I want her to get the death penalty,” Diane Barnes said. “I really do, I just think it’s terrible what she did, she brought all those people down with her, she initiated it all. And you know, she went there equipped with everything she needed to do this. She knew my brother, she knew him well, they all knew my brother.

“When he drank he could be mouthy, but he was harmless,” she added. “He would never hurt anybody, he would never hurt a child, he just ran his mouth sometimes. I don’t know whether he said something they didn’t like, maybe he urinated on their property, he did a lot of that over there, you know. I don’t know... they only lived a block away. You could tell they went there with a lot of anger inside them.

“They just didn’t give a shit, these people, I mean, it’s obvious. The cameras were right in their view and they didn’t care.”

Barnes started an online fundraiser to help pay for the costs of her brother’s funeral. She said she hopes to raise extra money to give other homeless men the same gift that meant so much to her brother: boots.

“We’re going to work with Payless Shoes and purchase a ton of work boots and donate them to a homeless shelter,” she said.

Last edited:
I was holding out hope he lost consciousness early on. To hear he was awake for the whole thing...that is brutal.

January 29, 2018

After her 10-year-old son came home three years ago and claimed that a homeless man hit him and called him a racial slur at an Olney gas station, Aleathea Gillard rounded up her friends and family members who were in her home. They piled into Gillard’s minivan and drove off seeking revenge.

They found the man — Robert Barnes, 51 — about 6:40 p.m. that day, April 7, 2015, standing outside the Sunoco station at Fifth Street and Somerville Avenue.

In a beating that was captured on surveillance video and gained international attention, Gillard punched and kicked Barnes and pummeled him in the head with a piece of wood from a broken rocking chair that was in her van. Her friend Kaisha Duggins hit him with a hammer in the head, legs, and feet. Another friend, Shareena Joachim, tried to spray Barnes with Mace, but instead accidentally sprayed Gillard’s 13-year-old son.

The beating was so severe that Barnes fell into a coma. He died seven months later.

On Monday, the three women — Gillard, 37; Duggins, 27; and Joachim, 26 — pleaded guilty to charges of voluntary manslaughter, conspiracy, and possession of an instrument of crime in Barnes’ death.

They remain in custody and are scheduled to be sentenced April 20.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...women-plead-guilty-olney-philly-20180129.html
1132092_630x354.jpg

[doublepost=1517263660,1517263547][/doublepost]
Screen_Shot_2015-11-30_at_7.12.46_.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.png

Robert Barnes

Hateful ditchpigs.
Put them all down like rabid dogs.
They have zero redeeming worth to society.

Let's say this dude actually did what the little snot-slinger said, that unsocial offense deserves no more than a punch in the gut, maybe the chin, not even that if one makes a good show of a threat of violence toward him if his uncivil attitude continues unchanged, but beating a man to death by hitting him with a hammer and stomping on his head on the word of a brat that's just fucking stupid.

This family reminds me of the some the fucking rejects in my old stomping grounds up in the Appalachians. Whole families, every single fucking member, is a worthless turd and are horrible people to be around, even to each other, but as soon as one has a beef with an outsider the whole fucking uneducated, retarded clan rally for the cause. That's one good thing the meth epidemic is good for, its clearing out those fucking loser families and scatter them to the winds, either prison or death, to the good fortune of their neighbors.

Dec 19, 2019
A state appeals court has refused to give any breaks to two women serving jail terms for participating in a brutal and completely unjustified mob beating that fatally injured a homeless man.

The attack, which was captured on video and drew national attention, turned out to be based on a lie.
The truth of the matter, though, is the Superior Court decisions issued this week ensure Shareena Joachim keeps serving a 12 ½- to 25-year prison term, while Aleathea Gillard remains stuck with a 22 ½ to 45-year sentence.

As Judge Mary Jane Bowes noted in the state court’s opinion, the vicious attack was triggered in April 2015 when Gillard’s 10-year-old son claimed the victim, 51-year-old Robert Barnes, had hit him and called him a racial slur while the boy rode his bike past a gas station in northwest Philadelphia.

Gillard, Joachim and a third woman, Kaisha Duggins, along with several children piled into a van, drove to the gas station and attacked Barnes.

Gillard beat him with a wooden table leg. Duggins struck him with a hammer. Joachim tried to spray Barnes with mace but doused one of the kids instead.

“Although multiple witnesses yelled at the (mob) to stop, and the victim had been knocked to the ground, the beating continued,” Bowes wrote.
Barnes died from his injuries seven months later.

Surveillance video showed Barnes was unarmed and had no interaction with the women and children before being assaulted, Bowes noted. “Additionally, footage from earlier that day uncovered the fact that the victim had never had any contact” with Gillard’s son, the judge wrote.
All three women confessed to the beating and pleaded guilty to charges including voluntary manslaughter. Some of the children involved in the attack were adjudicated delinquent.

Records show Duggins, 28, also is appealing the 22 ½- to 45-year prison term she is serving for Barnes’ death.
1583616759306.png

Aleathea Gillard and Shareena Joachim

Back