• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Countess Olenska

Nice Asshole
Bold Member!
kelli-fabre-mata-and-sons-aa15eab01c7d99c5.jpg

When family gathered outside the yellow crime-scene tape Sunday (Nov. 29) in the Oak Forest subdivision, they comforted the sobbing teenager who had returned from a hunting trip to find her mother and stepfather dead in their living room at 4805 Brandi St. What she hadn't seen, when she ran out to call 911, were her two half-brothers: In separate bedrooms, they, too, were dead.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand said David Mata, 46, fatally stabbed his wife, Kelli Fabre Mata, 40, and their sons, Caden Mata, 4, and Liam Mata, 2, sometime before 11 a.m. It was not immediately certain how David Mata killed himself, but a Sheriff's Office spokesman, Col. John Fortunato, said a straight-blade knife was found under his body.

"I didn't think he would do something like that. He was such a good person," said a friend of Kelli Mata's 18-year-old daughter, who discovered the crime. "He was happy with her." The two friends are seniors at Fisher Middle-High School in Jean Lafitte; Kelli Mata had another daughter as well, the friend said.

Indeed, David Mata's Facebook page is filled with photos of him and his wife, arms around each other and smiling. Their towheaded sons pose proudly in superhero Halloween costumes.

Mata was from Spain, and the couple had been married since April 2012, according to his Facebook profile. The page speaks of the power of keeping God in one's heart.

The couple had rented the house for less than a year, property owner Jason Bordelon said. David Mata worked as a mechanic at a big car dealership on the east bank; his wife was a homemaker. They always paid their rent on time. "Picture-perfect family," Bordelon said.

"I just talked to him on Thanksgiving. I mean, he seemed like he was doing perfectly fine," said a 14-year-old neighbor who cut the Matas' grass. "They were fun. I never saw them argue, really," just minor disagreements. But "once you hear this, you've got to take that to a whole 'nother level."

As people rode by in golf carts, the youth added, "It's kind of hard to picture in this neighborhood." The Oak Forest Community Association scheduled a 5 p.m. prayer vigil.

Outside the Matas' low, brick-ranch house, the couple's vehicles, a black Ford Edge hatchback and a blue Ford F-150 pickup truck, were parked in the driveway. The front door lights were on. Inside the door, as the authorities rolled up the crime tape, a small backpack could be seen hanging on a peg, an even smaller pair of shoes on the floor.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/11/marrero_murder-suicide_family.html

Screen-Shot-2015-11-30-at-8.41.50-AM.png

:shifty: Maybe the daughter can tell everyone what was REALLY going on in that house.

.... a "happy" guy doesn't off his family them himself :shifty:

Although these are terribly sad and heinous actions...I am thankful the teenage daughter left to call for help and didn't see her little brothers like that. How sad for the surviving children to have to bear the responsibility of dealing with all of this. I hope they have supportive family to turn to.

Well, shit. That is pretty horrible. This girl is going to need tons of therapy. Thanks god she didn't see little brothers dead too.

She will see this in her dreams for the rest of her life- Even worse if she doesn't know what may have caused this.

Last edited:
Some clues, maybe? Dead dad was assaulting dead mom back in 2010, and he was busted for steroid possession in 2002.

Here's a helpful hint for anyone tempted to move in with a person who's already assaulted them---DON'T DO IT!

The Times-Picayune reported that before the couple lived together, he pleaded guilty to assaulting Kelli in 2010.
In 2002, Mata pleaded guilty to possessing 1,000 anabolic steroid tablets after they were found in a sting operation at his home. He was placed on probation for three years by a judge.​

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...abbed-death-home-apparent-murder-suicide.html

Last edited:
@Oberle you are so right. However, look how long it takes abused women to leave the relationship - who knows how long they've actually been together & if she was pregnant or already had a kid with him by then. My abuse started early in the marriage. First & throughout the marriage I thought if I could be the right wife - even marriage counseling. It took almost loosing my life- see this stuff every day unfortunately.

@Oberle you are so right. However, look how long it takes abused women to leave the relationship - who knows how long they've actually been together & if she was pregnant or already had a kid with him by then. My abuse started early in the marriage. First & throughout the marriage I thought if I could be the right wife - even marriage counseling. It took almost loosing my life- see this stuff every day unfortunately.

I agree completely. I was in it for 7 years. It was only when he actually tried to kill me instead of just beat me up that I took my two kids and left. I had tried a couple times before to leave, but with no family to go to and the law not being on your side (unless they kill or mame you). It is very very difficult to leave.

Sounds like theo nly true victims here are those kids. The mom failed miserably at removing them from a dangerous situation. She knew the man was violent, knew he was a threat, and stuck with him anyways, thrusting her defenseless children into the danger zone as well. Sickening.

How can you look at those two adorably goofy faces and do something so heinous? My heart hurts for the daughters, I can't imagine walking in on that...

Eh, kids can be quite a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Back