• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
My username is Cubby because I was a Cub Scout leader for about 12 years, herded two sons thru and we called all the new boys Cubbies until we could remember their names. It was also the first username I ever had on my very first computer in 1993. Wow that was a long time ago.o_O

Mom recounts grisly murder suicide that she survived.
“She had to crawl through her babies’ blood, then through the shooter’s blood, and to her dad to hear his last words,” Hiatt’s mother, Melissa Bateh, told First Coast News. “He wanted her to tell her brother that he was the best son ever and he loved him. That was God’s hand.”

The hand that held the gun belonged to the 28-year-old Wilson, a Navy man and the biological father of the twin girls, Hayden and Kayden.

“’Mama, he killed them,’” Bateh said, recounting Hiatt’s words. “’He killed them in my arms. He made me hold them when he killed them. He made me watch.’”

In the days since the grisly crime, Wilson’s history as a serial domestic abuser has come to light. Danielle Johnson, who told First Coast News she dated Wilson about two years ago, was asked after the couple broke up whether she thought he was capable of killing someone. She said she replied, “Yes.”

“I felt guilty because I dropped the ball,” said Johnson, who recalled one occasion when Wilson threatened her with an AK-47. “I was supposed to go get a permanent injunction and meet with a lot of other people and I didn’t because I was scared. But I wish I had – especially now.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/2...s-grisly-triple-murder-suicide-that-survived/

@cubby @Nell
A lawsuit against the U.S. Navy filed by a mother whose two children were murdered has been tossed out.

Megan Hiatt said her active duty boyfriend and the father of her children forced her to hold her babies in her arms while he shot them to death. Gawain Wilson had previously shot Hiatt's father, Travis, who was at the house to help her escape from Wilson, whom Hiatt said was an abusive boyfriend, according to WFLA.

After killing Hiatt's father and the two babies, Wilson shot himself. Hiatt was badly injured in the process. That happened in 2013.

Hiatt believes the Navy could have prevented the deaths of her loved ones, so she sued.

The lawsuit requested money for the suffering Hiatt had endured as well as medical expenses.

The lawsuit alleged Wilson was on duty when he threatened to kill Hiatt over the phone.

Wilson left his duty station without approval, but nobody warned her.

However, the court ruled against Hiatt stating: "The general principle in Florida is that 'a party has no legal duty to control the conduct of a third person to prevent that person from causing harm to another."

Hiatt did not appeal the decision.

Back