• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

MissLiz

Tempest in a box
I don't like being a lurker!

I'm Liz, 33, with the hubby for 13 years, mom to the best 7.5 year old boy ever. Born, raised and living on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.

Short form:
Amateur photographer, camera retail as a day job...(super well paid though, for retail.. We call it the "golden handcuffs"..)
Mom, cook, gardener, antique and history junkie, farm stand patron, ocean worshiper, semi-pagan? hippie, hermit, introvert, Cancer sun sign, genealogist wannabe, animal person, graveyard enthusiast, aaaaand all sorts of other facets of weirdness.

I would clear the cookies over and over on my phone and read here till the wee hours, long before making a profile. This is big for me, introducing myself! I'm a shy gal, who puts on the fake social shell in the daytime and by night, well, I love slippers and Skyrim and coffee and BOOKS and Doctor Who and GoT and Archaeology.. The list goes on. But DD spoke to me on my fierce mama-bear level most of all. I have the stomach for more reality than a lot of my friends, and there are numerous kindreds here.

You people are so awesome.. I cannot pick a favourite. Oh! There's another thing.. Being Canadian I'll be putting u's in places that you wouldn't normally expect, if you're used to non-British English. The husbands parents are right out of the UK and he's inherited weird names for things. I just use the Canadian standard ;)

Ok. There ya go. I'll try not to offend with any easy-to-answer-if-you-just-look/read questions.

Also, I am nothing but amused by Jack the resident comedian.... Have I just tempted fate?

Nice to meet you, Demonites :)

Well, shy girl, @MissLiz, that may be one of the best intros I've seen in a while. If you think Jack's funny, you must not have met Pete and the otters yet. He's the funniest, yeah, the funniest. The difference is we love Pete, Jack, not so much. There's not much else I can say, someone else will tell you about the couch. I haven't actually sat on it, don't intend to.

Oh gosh I've "met" Pete, I'm a failure at names, he was hiding in the back of my mind..

That couch! I have no stairs in my place, they're baby beaters, those things. There are a lot of babies flying out windows these days, maybe I'd board mine over as a precaution if I weren't on the ground floor.

Thanks for the welcome, and an echo of that to all you forum goers! I must be off to prechristmas retail hell now..

Oooh, ya like Skyrim and Doctor Who?! Awesome. Welcome...with a cookie!! :D

Nice comprehensive info...it's nice not to have to try and pull info out of somebody like they're teeth or something.

*Waves to fellow Cancerian* Thanks for the excellent introduction! You revealed a lot for hermit-leaning soul. <3 You still get film customers, or are your customers all-digital now?

Welcome @MissLiz ! Great intro, and you've got a lot of great company here in the Cancerian Moon Childe pool! Glad you jumped in. I'm a froot loop, quintuple Aquarian myself, so nevermind me if you see me talking to myself whilst floating around pouring fresh water in the pool for all our Water Babies to splash around in. :)

Woo Cancerians! The mothers of the Zodiac indeed.. My moon is in Scorpio so loooook out.

We get film all the time! Digital is the most common but the hipsters love film.. And here on the island we're knee deep in hipsters.

Aw you guys! Cookies!!

When you said you can't pick a favorite, its because I'm it and you just don't want to make these others jealous, right?

Welcome to my kingdom. ;)

Welcome.
Best intro i have read on any site.

I'm a cancer and so is my fiance.
He and I share the same birthday,
July 13th.

Can't stay long, I'm juicing manderines.

Welcome! I'm a Scorpio. That is an impressive intro. You seem pretty social. Maybe it's because here you don't have to smile and be fake. You can :finger: and nobody thinks twice about it here. Nice to meet you and have a cookie!

Welcome - I'm happy enough with your intro to not make you answer the standard 'what would be your last meal' so that's a good thing!

I'm another Canadian - hiding between Vancouver and Calgary in the middle of nut-fut nowhere, as the kids say. Glad to see another Canuck in the mix!

I'm a Libra - think we'll get along??

Woo Cancerians! The mothers of the Zodiac indeed.. My moon is in Scorpio so loooook out.

We get film all the time! Digital is the most common but the hipsters love film.. And here on the island we're knee deep in hipsters.

Aw you guys! Cookies!!

Ya film! I still have my Minolta and film developing gear and was using it for B/W up until 12 years ago, then I moved and lost access to a great darkroom. Developing film and making prints is the best way to relax! One day I will find a way to make myself a darkroom. Just don't have the space or moneeeeyyy now.... :pout:

Welcome, welcome.

I'm still combing through a week of thread I missed during an impromptu vacation as the Hubby and I have an agreement that I can be here all day at work but when we're off work I have to actually pay attention to him.

Needy bastard sometimes.

I have a son who is a Doctor Who fanatic, I may call on you when he asks me, well, anything about the show. I haven't watched it since the 4th Doctor so I'm outta the loop.

Latest posts

Back