• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
She was driving on a highway and suddenly got the urge to drive into the back of a large semi. Her reasoning was that it'd demolish her little car (and her) but not kill the driver, since he was so far forward in the cab.
This idea bothers me less than what the female in this story has done.

Don't get me wrong, your co-worker still shouldn't have had a "plan" that involved anyone else and had a significant potential of injuring innocent travellers, as there could have been chain reaction accidents had she impacted the semi, but at least her "plan" included picking a vehicle that she had a less potential of injuring the driver. Granted, she didn't think far enough ahead to factor in chain reaction accidents, but when you're talking about someone suicidal rarely does the person have that much foresight.

The twit in this story, her grand plan was to run her car into a crowd of people to commit suicide, how the fuck is that going to work out unless someone pulls you out of th ecarr and shoot you? People aren't real stationary objects when impacted by a car.

This idea bothers me less than what the female in this story has done.

Don't get me wrong, your co-worker still shouldn't have had a "plan" that involved anyone else and had a significant potential of injuring innocent travellers, as there could have been chain reaction accidents had she impacted the semi, but at least her "plan" included picking a vehicle that she had a less potential of injuring the driver. Granted, she didn't think far enough ahead to factor in chain reaction accidents, but when you're talking about someone suicidal rarely does the person have that much foresight.

The twit in this story, her grand plan was to run her car into a crowd of people to commit suicide, how the fuck is that going to work out unless someone pulls you out of th ecarr and shoot you? People aren't real stationary objects when impacted by a car.

How very bizarre. On my way to work this morning and got stuck at a light behind this semi. (it's faint but above and sort of to the right of the tag it says, "I lost the will to survive".

xPXwtIp.jpg

Apparently this bitch's suicidal-ness tends to come & go!

So according to her statement, one of the following must be true:
A. Plowing into & killing innocent strangers cured her of her suicidal feelings

B. Her suicidal feelings have bi-polar disorder

C. She's an evil bitch & full of shit!
(I'm leaning towards C.!)
I'll take A. The murderous assault on innocents resolved her rage. The fact that she drove around the barricade to get to them is the detail that marks intent.

http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-hospital-not-charge-homecoming-crash-victims-er-195351635.html

The hospital has said that they will not charge any of the victims of Adacia Chambers personally for their care and after care. I just think it's a nice thing to do for these people to make it a little easy to get the ER visits, hospitalizatons, therapy and other aftercare they need without worrying aobut it. iN other words what her car insurance won't pay and the hospital can't get thru any other insurance or programs, they are going to write off.

http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-hospital-not-charge-homecoming-crash-victims-er-195351635.html

The hospital has said that they will not charge any of the victims of Adacia Chambers personally for their care and after care. I just think it's a nice thing to do for these people to make it a little easy to get the ER visits, hospitalizatons, therapy and other aftercare they need without worrying aobut it. iN other words what her car insurance won't pay and the hospital can't get thru any other insurance or programs, they are going to write off.
that is very nice of them. but i am gonna be honest here. if some nutter decided to plow into me because they were having a bad day and i ended up in the hospital because of it, i really don't see me ever paying that bill.

The hospital has said that they will not charge any of the victims of Adacia Chambers personally for their care and after care.
Her car insurance should cover that anyway.

Most of our policies should have a medical bill coverage portion that would cover hospital bills for ourselves as well as who we hit, and vice versa for anyone who hit us. If the amount goes beyond policy limits then the person or entity being owed money is supposed to sue the insurance company or the person at fault for the amount they are out.

Or I should say, that's how it works in PA.

Her car insurance should cover that anyway.

Most of our policies should have a medical bill coverage portion that would cover hospital bills for ourselves as well as who we hit, and vice versa for anyone who hit us. If the amount goes beyond policy limits then the person or entity being owed money is supposed to sue the insurance company or the person at fault for the amount they are out.

Will they also cover, when it is obvious it was not an accident?

The victims, yes, they should. The perpetrator (for lack of a better term there) most likely no but she'd be under arrest and in custody, or at least I would think, which would put her treatment under the county or state detaining her. Maybe with some insurances she would be as well, I don't know.

I'm only speaking specifically to what I know about car insurance in my neck of the woods, I would assume that most have policy coverage liek mine with the medical clauses btu I admittedly do NOT know for sure.

I believe one's auto policy will pay up to whatever the limits are regardless of whether or not it's an accident. Most people's policies wouldn't come close to covering this mess though. If it wasn't an accident they'll drop your coverage immediately following your claim.

If the amount goes beyond policy limits then the person or entity being owed money is supposed to sue the insurance company or the person at fault for the amount they are out.

Sorry, this is off-topic but...

That's the way it's supposed to work in PA.

The young drunk mother that crossed into opposing traffic and hit my sister and mom head-on didn't have insurance. Fortunately, my sister wasn't hurt, but my mom had catastrophic injuries to her head, hip and entire right leg. My sister's insurance covered up to her limits $300,000, she owned and insured two vehicles (even though one was in the accident) so they were able to "stack" the limits and the insurance paid $600,000. My mom's expenses were well over a million. Going after the other driver? HA! She doesn't work, has no intention of working on the books, EVER, and even with the judgement against the drunk, my mom was hounded by collectors until the day she died.

Oh, and because she was a first time (caught) offender she got one weekend in jail.

Going after the other driver? HA! She doesn't work, has no intention of working on the books, EVER, and even with the judgement against the drunk, my mom was hounded by collectors until the day she died.
With my mother's accident, after she exhausted both policies (hers and the other driver's) she sued both insurance companies, ended getting way more out of hers than the other driver's. Or I should say that her lawyer did the suing, out of the settlements the medical facilites were paid first.

:(Sorry about your Mom's situation. Big companies can be heartless, they tend to make money hand-over-fist and probably could have negotiated to settle your Mom's medical bills for a fraction of the actual amount thus freeing your mother from the bill collectors. I despise dealing with insurance companies and your Mom's case is a prime example why.

I used to work for a large insurance company (Progressive, for those in the states), and they did NOT cover intentional acts. Not for the perpetrator or their victims.

I remember a case where there was a domestic situation. Woman fled from her husband/bf in one vehicle while he chased after her in another, trying to run her off the road. She eventually got out of her car (he may have rammed it and disabled it- details are fuzzy because it's been forever ago now) and flagged down a passing truck. Ended up getting herself and the trucker killed, and several other people had peripheral damages to their vehicles when the guy intentionally hit them during the subsequent chase. I believe he actually offed himself by running into vehicles who were just passing by, then slamming into a cliff.

None of the (numerous, massively extensive and costly) damages were covered under his policy because all the damages stemmed from willful acts, which are specifically excluded.

January 10, 2017

"This tragedy shouldn't have happened," Adacia Avery Chambers, the driver charged in the deadly Oklahoma State University homecoming parade crash, told victims and their families Tuesday as she was sentenced to life in prison plus 10 years.

"My prayers are always with the victims. I was suffering from psychosis that day," she said during an emotional plea hearing. "There are not words to express how sorry I am. If only I could change the past."

Chambers told the judge she was entering a no contest plea because she didn't want to put the families of the victims through any more pain.

Chambers' highly anticipated trial had been set to begin Tuesday with jury selection. Instead, the murder case was resolved with attorneys telling a Payne County judge that a plea deal had been reached.

Dozens of victims also spoke during the plea hearing, many saying they still suffer from physical and emotional pain.

Chambers, 26, of Stillwater, pleaded no contest to four counts of second-degree murder and 39 counts of assault and battery by means or force likely to produce death. Associate District Judge Stephen Kistler approved Chambers' plea and sentenced Chambers in accordance with the agreement.

As part of the plea deal, Chambers received life in prison as punishment for each murder count, those sentences to run at the same time. She received 10 years in prison for each assault count, those counts also to run at the same time. District Attorney Laura Austin Thomas noted that one murder count and one assault count will run consecutively or one after the other.

Essentially, the plea agreement is a 55-year prison sentence because a life sentence is 45 years, plus the 10 extra. Under current law, Chambers will not get out of prison until she is in her early 70s, if she is granted parole on both her life sentence and then her assault sentence.

Her attorney, Tony Coleman, doesn't dispute that Chambers was the driver who crashed through police barricades and into a crowd about 10:30 a.m. Oct. 24, 2015, at Main Street and Hall of Fame Avenue.

Coleman, though, had given notice that he planned to raise the question of mental illness or insanity at the time of the offense.

The district attorney after the sentencing said Chambers wasn't insane at the time of the crash and the case was not about mental illness.

By pleading no contest, Chambers' admissions in the case can't be used against her in any future civil proceedings, the judge said.

http://newsok.com/article/5533802

What a vile piece of shit. It's so disgusting when thesep eople try to blame mental illness. Not sure why mental illness advocacy groups and other such bleeding hearts don't lose their fucking cool and go after these fucks when stuff like this happens. You have some murderous beast making a mockery of serious mental illnesses, all in an attempt to scapegoat their crimes.
[doublepost=1484543298,1484543032][/doublepost]What a scumbag too to plead no contest in order to cause difficulties for the civil suits.

What's the legal reasoning why her statements can't be used in civil proceedings. I don't get what no contest has to do with that.

Back