• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Wait. I corrected you on your incorrect statement, and somehow you turned this into somehow I don't think the school should do something about her being bullied? Aw Lawdy!
No. What I said was, from what I have seen they aren't stopping it. But even if they were, that should be common practice to stop teens from being harassed, not some special case for her.

engaging in an alcohol-inspired act of consensual sexual gratification.

But you can't legally consent if drunk. If the defense attorney is conceding that she was drinking, his client could still be fucked.

Looks like I was pretty spot on regarding the circumstances. Like I said... it's usually best to wait for the entire story before condemning someone.

If you believe defense attorneys.

This is the first thread that I can't honestly say which side of the theory I'm on... Some of my favorite DD members have made strong compelling arguments and I totally agreed.. But then another member would come right back with a theory that is completely opposite and I found myself agreeing with them too..uughh

I will wait till a judge decides because if their lawyers are half as good as some of my DD friends are here than the jurors are gonna have a hard decision to make..

Thanks for making this such a interesting read ..

If you believe defense attorneys.

I don't believe any attorney, for the most part. But I have written and read enough of these stories that this narrative makes the most sense. We will know soon enough, because if they have these things, then the prosecutor does as well and I bet the charges will be dropped next week.

Updates
New details are now coming out in the case against 18-year old Cameron Harrison, accused of raping a 16-year girl at Spanish Fort High School.

Court documents reveal the 16-year-old girl passed out after drinking too much alcohol at a Daphne house party on October 24th. She was taken to a bedroom by a friend. Cameron Harrison then allegedly came in and had sex with her. She stated she woke up and felt severe pain at a friend’s house the following morning. She was later treated at USA Children’s and Women’s Hospital. Police also say Harrison told multiple witnesses what happened. A cellphone video was also collected, showing the 16-year-old was passed out before the alleged rape.

These details are now coming out after pictures and social media posts show students and players publically displaying support for Cameron Harrison. Baldwin County Public School Superintendent Eddie Tyler says it has to stop and condemns any intimidation behavior.

“I’m just going to tell you a lot of times they act on emotion. If things happen during the instructional day that creates problems at our schools; bullying, harassment, and interrupts the instructional day? First thing I’m going to do is look at those photos and find out if any of these people were involved.”

The case is still under investigation. In the meantime, the Superintendent is adamant about maintaining a positive setting.

“Whatever it is you think you have the right to do or want to do, you need to rethink those. Because in the school setting a lot of times those rights get minimize. So we’re sending the message that this kind of action will not continue, if it does it will be dealt with in a disciplinary manner.”

The Baldwin County District Attorney’s Office, as well as police, say they’ll be watching social media for any threats.

http://wkrg.com/2015/11/10/new-details-in-spanish-fort-hs-football-player-rape-case-emerge/

SPANISH FORT, AL- School administrators in Baldwin County have made it clear: now is not the time for Spanish Fort football players, students and fans to publicly support accused rapist Cameron Harrison.

Many were outraged when signs and symbols supporting Harrison surfaced in the locker room and at last Friday’s playoff game.

Superintendent Eddie Tyler says principal Marty McRae traveled with the team to Tuscaloosa as the Toros played Northridge in round two of the playoffs.

Tyler says both the principal and head coach Ben Blackmon were unaware of what happened regarding the signs and symbols of support.

Tyler says even though Harrison has only been charged, he’ll continue to ban disruptive, symbols or support as the felony rape investigation makes its way through the criminal justice system.

Cameron Harrison is charged with first degree rape. Harrison is on house arrest and is banned from the high school.

http://wkrg.com/2015/11/13/banning-signs-in-support-of-cameron-harrison/

Harrassment? I'm shocked :penguin:

article-harrison2-1105.jpg

[QUOTES]
An Alabama teenage girl is being vilified by her peers after she reported a high school football star for allegedly raping her, authorities said Thursday.

Daphne police officers are investigating threats the 16-year-old victim has been receiving through social media after she claimed 18-year-old Cameron Harrison sexually assaulted her while she was unconscious and drunk at a house party over the weekend.

"She's the topic of a whole high school," Capt. Jud Beedy told the Daily News. "Unfortunately, the verbal judo is affecting her. 'He didn't do it, she asked for it.' Just nonsense chatter. It's really upsetting her. Can't you imagine?"

An overwhelming majority of students at Spanish Fort High School have sided with their star running back who was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree rape.

Police say Harrison raped the victim while she was "passed out" in a room during a wild house party last Saturday.

The teen attacker arrogantly apologized to the victim's parents and allegedly confessed before he turned himself into police, according to authorities.

"He showed up at their house and told them he wanted to get his side of the story out and admitted to having intercourse with their daughter," Cpl. Det. Jason Vannoy told the News.

"He did it in an arrogant fashion," Vannoy added. "The tone was arrogant, and their reaction was not a positive one."

The apology was "more about him than the victim," Fox 10 reported.

Harrison has scored 10 touchdowns this season and rushed for 655 yards, statistics show.

The team will have to make do without the 5-foot-8 athlete in the 6A high school football playoffs, which begin Friday evening. The school is ranked sixth overall in football in the state.

Harrison has been banned from the high school, must wear an ankle monitor and is on house arrest, according to AL.com.

School officials did not immediately return a request for comment Thursday.[/QUOTE]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-rape-school-football-star-article-1.2425038

Last edited:
And the Defense weighs in *line drive down the middle*
(Pretty much the same)
The attorney for Cameron Harrison, the senior Spanish Fort football player charged with first-degree rape, has issued a statement saying that Harrison was falsely accused.

Harrison is accused of raping a 16-year-old classmate, who had allegedly passed out after overdrinking alcohol before the rape had occurred.

In his statement, Beck said:

Cameron Harrison has been falsely accused of raping a fellow classmate and we are profoundly disturbed by the irresponsible rush to judgment as echoed by the District Attorney’s office and law enforcement in this case.

The overwhelming support for Cameron in the community reflects nothing more than familiarity with his good character and familiarity with the circumstances surrounding a consensual encounter between himself and a fellow student: a fellow student who was fully cognizant of her choices and actions on that evening.

Any suggestion that the complainant was unconscious and incapable of consenting is directly contradicted by the statements of over twenty male and female students who were present when these events unfolded. Not only did the complainant consent to this encounter, evidence will show that she actively pursued it.

The complainant herself has repeatedly confirmed to several people that all acts between herself and Cameron were condoned and that she was an active participant. The complainant also sent a message to Mr. Harrison wherein she confirms “u didn’t rape me.”

While Mr. Harrison regrets his actions, his regret is no different than the regret felt by the complainant for engaging in an alcohol-inspired act of consensual sexual gratification. The unfortunate response of the complainant was to blame someone else for her own decisions. The unfortunate consequences to Cameron’s eighteen year old reputation will never be abated.

We urge law enforcement and the District Attorney to see this case for what it is and dismiss the charge immediately.

Last edited:
Video of school warning students against support, 7 shot pictoral & more @ link
(There's been a lot going on!)
And the quote tags won't stop making babies today :confused: :joyful:

2E61F82A00000578-3315604-The_team_s_quarterback_Tyler_Johnston_also_had_a_towel_with_a_nu-m-4_1447349577245.jpg

The team's quarterback Tyler Johnston also had a towel with a number four on it (pictured), despite wearing the number 17 himself
As new gruesome details of the rape of 16-year-old unconscious girl allegedly raped at a house party, students are still supporting the football player accused of sexually assaulting her.

Friends of Cameron Harrison, a running back at Spanish Fort High School in Alabama, turned up to a game wearing shirts with his number, four, written on and held up four fingers.
Students also had the number four written on their wrists and raised a banner saying 'Toros 4ever', in reference to the number on his jersey, Al.com reported.

The team's quarterback Tyler Johnston also had a towel with a number four on it.

Another towel used by a teammate said: 'Doing it for 4 my boy Cam.'

Harrison was not at the game as he is banned from campus, is on house arrest and is wearing an ankle tag that tracks his every movement.

Harrison, 18, has allegedly admitted having sex with the girl and apologized to her family.

The school board threatened to punish those who support the alleged rapist but told the Daily Mail Online that no one had been disciplined for doing so.

According to an affidavit, a video shows the girl being carried upstairs to a bedroom.

It reportedly then states that this is when Harrison raped her before going back downstairs and boasting about it.

The girl later awoke and suffering severe pain in her vaginal region sought medical treatment at the University of South Alabama Children's and Women's medical center in Mobile.

Harrison was arrested last week and charged with first-degree rape – and he allegedly confessed before he turned himself into police, authorities said.

Despite this, many other students at the school have taken the side of the star running back and vilified the girl on social media, according to police.

Daphne police are investigating threats the victim has been receiving online.

Police spokesman Jason Vannoy said any harassment of witnesses or the victim will be not be tolerated and those involved could face prosecution.

School superintendent Eddie Tyler condemned the show of support but his office told Daily Mail Online that no one had been punished for doing so.

2E6161FF00000578-3315604-image-m-24_1447345049168.jpg

Cathy Roberts, 58, was charged with with allowing minors to drink alcohol after it emerged she hosted the party

'I am making it clear that I, as superintendent, the board nor this school system will tolerate or condone bullying, intimidation or publicly supporting the violation of law or school board policy. We will deal with such actions appropriately,' he said.

Police said Harrison raped the girl while she was passed out drunk in a room during the party over the weekend.

He then apparently even apologized to her parents and admitted to having sexual intercourse with the girl.

But Baldwin County Assistant District Attorney, Chalea Tisdale, said the apology was 'arrogant'.

According to Fox10, Tisdale said Harrison's apology was 'more about him than it was about her. It was an admission.'

She said: 'You cannot rape an unconscious girl. It doesn't matter if you're a high school athlete star, it doesn't matter what your future holds. It doesn't matter you cannot do this.'

Harrison is banned from campus while the victim attends school there, AL.com reported.

He is on house arrest after being released on a $45,000 bond and must wear an ankle monitor until his trial.

On Monday Cathy Roberts, 58, was charged with with allowing minors to drink alcohol after it emerged she hosted the party.

She was placed under house arrest at home in Daphne, Alabama, and given an electronic ankle bracelet as she awaits trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...16-house-party-police-say-admitted-crime.html

Last edited:
I'd move if she was my daughter. It will never get better for her, it really doesn't matter if he raped her or not.

This case bothers me. I think we are still missing vital information. Being a rape victim myself I do know that it's not easy to get a prosecutor to press charges because in most cases it is he said she said. The evidence in my case was medical. Then later we found out he was on a list being monitored at the post office because of some of the illegal magazines he was receiving (pre internet). The statement from his lawyer of course is going to paint him to be innocent even if he isn't. The defense is going to paint her as the bad person if she is or even if she's not. That is his job. He is probably getting ready for the trial. I don't know who did what but just because the lawyer made that statement doesn't mean it's all accurate either. Just because it doesn't go all the way through trial also doesn't make him innocent. He could plead down to a lesser charge because the girl couldn't mentally and emotionally handle the shit that the defense is going to try and perceive her as. It can get really ugly. My case was in a small ass town and over 18 years later I still get crap from my rapists friends and some of his family even though he took a plea bargain to a lesser charge. I made sure that he would be a level 3 sex offender. These trials can get very ugly and just because his lawyer made that statement doesn't always mean anything. I don't know what happened in this case but I can't just accept that what his lawyer said is proof against her either.

I'd move if she was my daughter. It will never get better for her, it really doesn't matter if he raped her or not.
It might, but it's gonna take 20-some years, even then there will still be assholes that will remember and "remind" you. It blows.

Some people never get past high school, their "glory days".

For the record, I'm not speaking of the accused harboring any ill will, but rather his friends, teammates, etc.

I agree, I'm from a very small insular town with a big high school football fetish, they'll remember.

Just google R. E. Lee Rebels, Thomaston, GA one of the first things that pops up is a post from the Thomaston/Upson Archives in 2013 about The Rebels winning a championship in 19 effing 88! 25th anniversary of the last championship game, the team no longer exists as the Rebels.

Last edited:
Arrrgh! I think my GooChro is acting an ass again not showing me all the posts in a thread. :banghead: All I can find are response quotes of @Dorian 's comment. Even went to google and it brought me back to this thread on page 1, but I can't find his/her comment. (?) Was just going to check in. Anyone else able to see his/her post?

If you pop back in, HI! Anymore news from the defense perspective? I can't find anything but the above statement. I know they have to play certain things close to the vest, esp. in light of the latest developments, but any additional info you can provide would be an awesome contribution!

ETA: Nvm on finding the post. Someone just told me where it was located and I could see it as collapsed/hidden on my cell. Thanks @KKmom ! This copy of Chrome is notorious for playing hide and seek. *S*

Last edited:
Arrrgh! I think my GooChro is acting an ass again not showing me all the posts in a thread. :banghead: All I can find are response quotes of @Dorian 's comment. Even went to google and it brought me back to this thread on page 1, but I can't find his/her comment. (?) Was just going to check in. Anyone else able to see his/her post?

If you pop back in, HI! Anymore news from the defense perspective? I can't find anything but the above statement. I know they have to play certain things close to the vest, esp. in light of the latest developments, but any additional info you can provide would be an awesome contribution!
I'm not having any trouble with my chrome. Sorry you're having troubles.

Updates (last week)
(News footage @ each link)
Cameron Harrison rape case bound over for Grand Jury: http://www.fox10tv.com/story/30599351/harrison-rape-case-bound-over-to-grand-jury

"House Party Rape" evidence must be turned in by 2pm
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/30586184/house-party-rape-evidence-must-be-turned-over-by-2-pm

Subpoenas shed light on early stages of rape investigation
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/305550...anish-fort-football-player-rape-investigation

Community leaders ask parents to stop teen drinking
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/30553725/community-leaders-asking-parents-to-stop-teen-drinking

Last edited:
Regardless if she says it was consensual the fact is she was so drunk she could legally consent. The hostess of the party should charged with child endangerment for each minor that was there has well. Finally each football team member that was at this party should be dismissed from the team immediately since they violated the school drug and alcohol policy that the agree too. Funally the district should shutdown the school football program now. Lastly the girl needs to move now.

Regardless if she says it was consensual the fact is she was so drunk she could legally consent.

If this is determined to be the case and it's revealed he was also heavily intoxicated during the act, could he not also claim the same? I'm legitimately curious.

Last edited:
Drunk or not he was acting with a purpose and supposedly she was unconscious, so less able to consent than he was. I feel that someone who still has conscious thought enough to form a plan and act accordingly is still able to consent to what he, himself, might be doing.

If this is determined to be the case and it's revealed he was also heavily intoxicated during the act, could he not also claim the same? I'm legitimately curious.
I have a spectacular legal answer. It depends. Seriosuly, the answer is that I can't find a clear answer.

From some research what I can manage to cobble together is that it would vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. It also seems that charges would depend not so much on level of intoxication but rather who was the aggressor. I don't mean aggressor as in force, violence, duress or coercion but rather who initiated regardless of anything else. In some areas the aggressor can and will be charged with rape, some areas have a charge of Rape by Intoxication- a law specifically for cases where sex cannot be consensual because of intoxication.

One's defense to the rape charge would of course be their own level of intoxication and how that would mean that they could not consent either, hence the "aggressor" versus the "passive" partner.

Most sources seemed to suggest that intoxication for both parties would not lead to a not guilty verdict but rather a conviction on a lesser charge or more lenient sentencing.

I'd link some sources but basically I Googled the question and looked at about 5 pages of suggested answers to be able to say that there is no definitive answer.

August 30, 2018

In April 2017, Harrison took a plea deal and was granted youthful offender status. Once a person has been granted youthful offender status, even if they are found guilty of the charged offense, it will not show up on their record as a conviction.

According to Harrison’s attorney, John Beck, he and the District Attorney’s office “resolved the case to the satisfaction of all parties involved.” The youthful offender status also means “the details of the agreement are confidential.” ABC News reports: “The case was settled in secret, with all the terms and conditions sealed.”
https://2paragraphs.com/2018/08/20-20-cameron-harrison-case-settled-in-secrecy-no-charges-on-record/

Under 21?? Holy shit, every other state is 18+ you are an adult. Not sure what all the details are, but I'm thinking this kid got lucky. And the girls family just wants it to be over with.

Back