• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@Dexx : were those trials for the Chinese-Japan war too (and so the "Nankin rape")? I have understood that the Japan crime trials were specifically for the WWII...

Considering to some WWII actually started in 1931, that could be answered in several ways.

But apart from the Imperial family (which the Americans apparently "needed" for general compliance of the populace), the Japanese didn't get let off particularly easily.

From wiki:

According to Japanese records, 5,700 Japanese individuals were indicted for Class B and Class C war crimes. Of this number, 984 were initially condemned to death; 475 received life sentences; 2,944 were given more limited prison terms; 1,018 were acquitted; and 279 were never brought to trial or not sentenced. The number of death sentences by country is as follows: the Netherlands 236, Great Britain 223, Australia 153, China 149, United States 140, France 26, and Philippines 17.[13] The Soviet Union and Chinese Communist forces also held trials for Japanese war criminals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Military_Tribunal_for_the_Far_East

Seems the pro Isis Muslims agree

The United States believes the Russian jet shot down by Turkey was hit inside Syrian airspace after a brief incursion into Turkish airspace, a US official told Reuters.The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the assessment was based on detection of the heat signature of the jet.Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and US President Barack Obama have agreed on the need to reduce tensions after Turkish forces shot down a Russian plane on the Syrian border for allegedly violating Turkish air space. - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...an-jet-10-times--us.html#sthash.6s3kej98.dpuf

Last edited:
@Dexx : were those trials for the Chinese-Japan war too (and so the "Nankin rape")? I have understood that the Japan crime trials were specifically for the WWII...
Well, what a good question. One would think that since the Rape of Nanking (I spell as an old guy) occurred in 1937 (before WWII) that Japan would get a pass. But no. Japanese were charge with unprovoked war against U.S. and a separate charge was an unprovoked war against China. All the gory details were used. The thing that amazes me, is that except for the condemned, everyone got pardoned within about twelve years. How does that justice compare with someone getting life in the U.S. for selling a little coke?

Well, what a good question. One would think that since the Rape of Nanking (I spell as an old guy) occurred in 1937 (before WWII) that Japan would get a pass. But no. Japanese were charge with unprovoked war against U.S. and a separate charge was an unprovoked war against China. All the gory details were used. The thing that amazes me, is that except for the condemned, everyone got pardoned within about twelve years. How does that justice compare with someone getting life in the U.S. for selling a little coke?
Apples and Oranges

Last edited:
We should view Obama's passivity as a godsend. Let the Europeans govern the Middle Eastern playground. Let them get burned. I'll argue American isolationism is what made America 'great' as the 20th-century powerhouse between the Wars. Non-interventionism is what America needs (as well as Canada). Why not adopt a laissez-faire foreign policy? We are already at peak neoliberalism. Let's just toss economic terminology into diplomacy and call it a day. America does not need this headache, and neither do Americans. The liberals need to drop their social justice warrior bleeding-heart attitude, and the conservatives need to hop off Israel's dick and let it fend for itself.

Beautiful words. The whole post really, good stuff.

I really wish we could just turn our backs to the entire region. It'll never happen though. Resources, location, Israel and other "friendly" countries, are all too ingrained, no significant move will ever be made to distance the West from that shithole.

I understand that they are pissed about their plane but aren't Putin and Assad butt buddies? Aren't they in together on some evil villain plot to take over the world?

Russia was/is helping out Assad. They've made some statements recently that imply they would be willing to say fuck Assad if a favorable alternative crosses the table though.

I think it's hilarious the Russians are butthurt about their jet getting shot down. Kinda deserve it after all the commercial airliners they've deliberately targeted throughout recent history. The world forgot these quite easily, bet this Russian one will get plenty of play though.

I wonder if the rebels on the ground were the typical, "saw your head off with a dull knife and post the video online" types, cuz that behavior is not solely attributable to ISIS or Assads fucktards, not by a longshot. The pilot who died in the air parachuting down might have gotten off lucky.

Last edited:
Apples and Oranges

Well, yes, they are apples and oranges. But there is still this naive notion that sentences should be commensurate with damage to the community. I think there is a common theme to Japanese war crime sentences and Rockefeller-type Drug sentences. The theme is political expediency. The US Politicians wanted compliant Japanese. Later, Politicians wanted to "Take action" on the war on drugs, to get re-elected. So they are related. Kumquats and oranges, perhaps?

But what the fuck Japan? Reading around and it seems like they started WW2 in the first place, which surprisingly, I didn't know. I always assumed it was Germany. I also didn't know that WWI was started by the assassination of Franz Ferdinand by Serbian terrorists! We've come full circle.
That's because our government controlled what your history class taught you. Same as they are controlling the media today.

Sadly, our government is just as corrupt as many others out there. We're just brainwashed into thinking our corruption is the "right" one. And, as always, it comes down to how much money the Elites can steal from the masses, and how much power they can acquire by taking power away from others.

I really wish I could do the cryogenic thing, and get thawed out in about 10,000 years when our planet MIGHT have achieved genuinely civilized behavior.

I wouldn't go that far.:shrug:

Well, in 5,000 years we haven't come very far. Instead of stone tablets we have cell phones; the same sociolgoical problems exist. So I'm thinking, who far can we possibly go in the next 5,000 years, considering we have a bunch of technology that generally gets misused by idiots? So, I built in a 5,000 year buffer in hopes it might eventually make a difference.

For everyone saying the schools just don't teach history, I went to public school in CA, and graduated in 08. I learned all that stuff and more. So I don't think they just quit teaching it after the 80's or whatever.

I grew up in Texas and Florida

This explains the poor education. I don't know about Florida, but i'm personally familiar with the shit education system in Texas and the south in general is notorious for its pisspoor schools.

Texas has long had an embarrassing school system. I'm always more surprised when i come across a texan who actually managed to squeeze out a healthy, solid knowledge base from their adolescent schooling. The things that simply don't get taught there is incredible as is the acceptance of what in most other states would be substandard performance. It makes sense in impoverished areas, but there's nice suburbs that still operate under this backassward take on academics and a twisted view of what's important and what's not. And that's not even touching on the nutbag religious conservative types who successfully control what textbooks and curriculum are permitted to contain and teach.

That said, even your normal, average, decent school in America is likely not going to cover recent history. Mine stopped about 30-40 years short of where we actually were. Kinda scary since the shit happening now is what's going to impact these students at the brink of adulthood. They also tend to almost exclusively deal with Western history. A student learns very, very, very little about Asia, certainly not much about the middle east, only very minor basic stuff about central/south america.

You ask a highschool senior, about to graduate and hit the real world, about to join the military possibly, if he/she can explain what's going on in the middle east and what led up to it, the overwhelming majority won't be able to give you more then a sentence or two.

I remember learning about ancient Rome for a full fucking month for example. Ridiculous.

I was merely basing my statement on what the poster said. It wasn't a dig at anyone. I'm relieved to discover you got more than what the other poster received. But remember, standards vary wildly from state to state.
Well, you weren't the only one who said they didn't remember it being taught, or didn't think it was being taught anymore. Yes, I know it varies from state to state, based on how strict the standards are and all that. Though I remember someone saying something about liberals not teaching actual history, so I thought it was rather funny my liberal state taught me all that, lol. But yes, different standards, which is why I added that I went to school in CA. We are required to learn a lot of history in our schools. Also, sorry it seemed I thought you were trying to be insulting or something. My post was just an FYI, I didn't think anyone really meant anything by it.

Sadly, tests show that your average high school senior can't name all 50 states on a map, and their correct capitols. Forget about the Qin Dynasty!
Again from region to region area to area, we've always played capitals and name a city, name the state, with our kids when little and their friends and they did great
Just like we always played the alphabet game when traveling, can't always blame the system, parents also have to take responsibility for their children's failures

Again from region to region area to area, we've always played capitals and name a city, name the state, with our kids when little and their friends and they did great
Just like we always played the alphabet game when traveling, can't always blame the system, parents also have to take responsibility for their children's failures
In 4th grade, our playground had a blank USA map painted on the ground. A favorite game at our school was the state game. One person was "it", turned around and called out a state, then tried to tag anyone who didn't have a foot on the state. No teachers prompted this game, it was just one us kids played. Stuff like this has been proven to help kids learn more than drills with parents. Heck, I don't even think we knew we were "learning" the states just by sight. We just thought it was fun.

This is who Obama sides with, Obama has this mans back:banghead::vomit:

Double dealing tyrant who's sabotaging the West's battle to crush ISIS: Turkey's Erdogan seems to be doing almost everything he can to cripple the forces actually fighting ISIS, writes MICHAEL BURLEIGH
To be fair, on the surface, Turkey’s president is fully involved in the fight against ISIS. In October he allowed U.S. jets to use Turkey’s Incirlik air base for operations against ISIS, pledging that his forces, too, would join the fight.

But the truth is that Turkey’s planes have aimed their missiles almost exclusively at the one army which poses a real threat to ISIS, and has won countless battlefield victories against them — the Kurdish PKK forces inside Syria.

The trouble is that Erdogan, who has spent years ruthlessly concentrating power into his own hands, considers the Kurds an even greater threat to his nation than ISIS.
The fact is that ISIS could rapidly be destroyed if Kurdish forces in Syria and Iraq — along with Kurdish guerillas in Turkey — were fully unleashed. They have proved extraordinarily militarily effective and oppose every aspect of Isis’s devilish ideology.

Yet this does not happen because PKK forces in Syria and Kurds in northern Iraq are under continual bombardment by the Turkish air force. No, the fact is that while Turkey may be a member of Nato — and of the alliance taking on the jihadists — Erdogan seems to be doing almost everything he can to cripple the forces actually fighting ISIS.

But then Erdogan has always been utterly ruthless when it comes to protecting his own interests. He became prime minister of Turkey back in 2003, has been re-elected three times, and last year became the country’s first directly elected president
Erdogan himself was jailed in 1997 when he was mayor of Istanbul and active in Islamist circles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335819/Double-dealing-tyrant-s-sabotaging-West-s-battle-crush-ISIS-Turkey-s-Erdogan-doing-cripple-forces-actually-fighting-ISIS-writes-MICHAEL-BURLEIGH.html#ixzz3siVVJTFb

Last edited:
Obama sides with Muslim Isis supporter, could this be why he leads from behind
Guess Turkey still has real reporters, unlike our administration wussy puppets

The court in Istanbul ruled that Cumhuriyet newspaper's editor-in-chief Can Dundar, and the paper's Ankara representative, Erdem Gul, be taken into custody following more than hours of questioning.

In May, the Cumhuriyet paper published what it said were images of Turkish trucks carrying ammunition to Syrian militants.

The images reportedly date back to January 2014, when local authorities searched Syria-bound trucks, touching off a standoff with Turkish intelligence officials. Cumhuriyet said the images were proof that Turkey was smuggling arms to rebels in Syria.
His comments prompted the media watchdog Committee to Protect Journalists to call on Erdogan to stop "bullying journalists ... just because he doesn't like what they report."
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-26-16-11-24

Last edited:
The christian refugee story is a load of bullshit. Of course there will be FAR more muslims, it's a predominately muslim nation. If the overwhelming majority of refugees are muslim, it follows that the overwhelming majority of refugees being granted entry are muslim as well.

Figures from the State Department Refugee Processing Center updated Monday showed that 96 percent of the Syrian refugees accepted so far are Muslim, while less than 3 percent are Christian. The other 33 identified as belonging to smaller religious faiths or said they had no religion.

Um, but...

96% + 3 % + 33% = not 100%
o_O

The lack of any long term, truly significant support and backing for the Kurds is understandable. America is not going to back a minority group in that region unless the name starts with a "j" and ends with a "ew". Kurds are at odds with both Turkey and Iraq, the former being possibly our biggest "ally" in the region and the latter being a science project we've taken on for seemingly the rest of time. We'll back the kurds for show, we'll give them weapons and some minimal amount of training, but that's where it'll end. ISIS is bad, but damaging our greater interests and more beneficial ties in the region is of course a higher priority.

This should be of no surprise to anyone. Anyone who bought into the nonsense about ISIS being the biggest threat or concern in the middle east is an ignorant dipshit. Let's not forget the things America did to help create this shithole situation. We don't mind ISIS THAT much, sad fact.

Last edited:
The christian refugee story is a load of bullshit. Of course there will be FAR more muslims, it's a predominately muslim nation. If the overwhelming majority of refugees are muslim, it follows that the overwhelming majority of refugees being granted entry are muslim as well.

Figures from the State Department Refugee Processing Center updated Monday showed that 96 percent of the Syrian refugees accepted so far are Muslim, while less than 3 percent are Christian. The other 33 identified as belonging to smaller religious faiths or said they had no religion.

Um, but...

96% + 3 % + 33% = not 100% o_O

The lack of any long term, truly significant support and backing for the Kurds is understandable. America is not going to back a minority group in that region unless the name starts with a "j" and ends with a "ew". Kurds are at odds with both Turkey and Iraq, the former being possibly our biggest "ally" in the region and the latter being a science project we've taken on for seemingly the rest of time. We'll back the kurds for show, we'll give them weapons and some minimal amount of training, but that's where it'll end. ISIS is bad, but damaging our greater interests and more beneficial ties in the region is of course a higher priority.

This should be of no surprise to anyone. Anyone who bought into the nonsense about ISIS being the biggest threat or concern in the middle east is an ignorant dipshit. Let's not forget the things America did to help create this shithole situation. We don't mind ISIS THAT much, sad fact.

We do have a habit of doing that, don't we? People (in general) can volley back and forth all day long about who did what to whom, and who's responsible for what throughout history, but at the end of the trail, you're going to find U.S. war commerce and lots of it. No big surprise today's strategic ally mysteriously becomes tomorrow's pain in the ass.

The "33" they're referencing is a remainder relative to 33 people rather than 33% percent. They also state that "less than 3% are Christian", so they aren't dealing with exact numbers. They're mixing percentages with whole numbers to maximize the shocking disparity for public consumption rather than giving the exact breakdown in #s of people per group. They should've reported it the same way they did above:
State Department figures released Monday showed that the current system overwhelmingly favors Muslim refugees. Of the 2,184 Syrian refugees admitted to the United States so far, only 53 are Christians while 2,098 are Muslim, the Christian News Service reported.

Last edited:
We do have a habit of doing that, don't we? People (in general) can volley back and forth all day long about who did what to whom, and who's responsible for what throughout history, but at the end of the trail, you're going to find U.S. war commerce and lots of it. No big surprise today's strategic ally mysteriously becomes tomorrow's pain in the ass.

The "33" they're referencing is a remainder relative to 33 people rather than 33% percent. They also state that "less than 3% are Christian", so they aren't dealing with exact numbers. They're mixing percentages with whole numbers to maximize the shocking disparity for public consumption rather than giving the exact breakdown in #s of people per group. They should've reported it the same way they did above:
Actually a lot of a lot of straight numbers I just didn't bother posting every report, you can look it up yourself, stuff like date, 800 Muslim 3 Christian, date 600 Muslim, 2 Christian and so on lot of reports and dates too many to list all, the 3% Christian seemed pretty accurate
like I said everyone can look the numbers up for themselves

Let's clarify the whole 'Saudis have refugee camps' bullshit, because I am tired of reading the ignorant nonsense. Here's a convenient "ELI5" on Islam for all of us Western people:

Islam = four major branches: Sunni, Shia, Ibadi, Sufism. Just like Christianity! But instead of our Catholicism, Anglicanism, Protestantism, and Orthodoxy foursome; Islam has the Sunnis, the Shias, the Sufis, and the Ibadis! There are a few smaller branches (just like Christianity), but since I am explaining this like I am five, let's use four and call it a day. The Shia and the Sunni butt heads all the time.

(N.B. = To toss in a bit of American history, think of the Pilgrims [Protestants] on The Mayflower hauling ass out of England because the Anglicans called them names, ergo creating the Thirteen Colonies. I am not saying America was founded by religious crazies, I am just saying America was founded by religious crazies. But back to the terrorists.)

Saudi Arabia = conservative Sunni Islam majority power -> Salafism. This is an ultra-conservative orthodox movement in Islam. It's basically the "batshit insanity" branch. Like a Muslim Jesus Camp. A hyper-bastardization of this movement is the doctrine ISIS follows. ISIS is pitching the whole 'holy war' gambit against all non-Salafists, aka infidels. This includes the Shias, Ibadis, Sufis, and everyone else who pisses in their holy Cheerios. This boils down to: Saudi Arabia = the source of the Middle Eastern headache.

Syria = conservative Shia Islam minority power -> Alawites. The Alawites are a syncretic branch of Shia Islam. They are all about magical thinking and 'other' stuff the super conservative Sunni Saudis don't care for. The Alawites are centralized in and around Syria. Plot twist: an Alawite family has controlled Syria since the '70s! Enter the al-Assads! And since Assad is a figurative Pilgrim, and the Saudis are the freedom-hating Church of England, would it be advantageous for the Saudis to look like they're helping the Assads? Sweet Jesus, no. It would not.

TL;DR = Saudi Arabian refugee camps are not for Syrians. They're sorry/not sorry.

fucking rhino (RINO) piece of shit, hey I know its a movie getting the Muslims riled up lets imprison the director, fucking worthless piece of crap, libtard ass kissing worthless scum
Trump was right this mother fucker is nothing but a coward
Yes Trump is the reason for the rise of Isis, you fucking dumb fucking asshole coward

Trump’s rhetoric turning Muslims against the US, McCain says
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Donald Trump’s divisive rhetoric is only serving to turn the international Muslim community against the U.S.
“Oh, I think it has an interesting effect of turning Muslims all over the world against the United States of America, which is 99.44 percent people who practice an honorable religion,” the Arizona senator said of Trump on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-...ic-turning-muslims-against-the-us-mccain-says

TL;DR = Saudi Arabian refugee camps are not for Syrians. They're sorry/not sorry.

I don't think anyone was displaying any ignorance of the varied ethnic groups or religious denominations involved here.

We know Saudi Arabia is different from Syria, but so is America, so is France and Croatia and Greece. It may be populated by folks of a different denomination, but it's still a FAR closer country, it still has what amounts to a camp set up and at the ready, it's still a Muslim nation.

The fact that Saudi Arabia doesn't play a more helpful role showcases what a disgusting state the Islamic world and religion is in today. You don't see the different Christian denominations treating another like this. You had isolated shit like in Ireland of course, but that was years ago. There's no comparison to what these intolerant, hateful religious nutters in the Muslim world engage in.

And let's not forget Saudi Arabia is home to Mecca, meant for ALL muslims to make pilgrimage to. And this camp was built for the purpose of housing pilgrims for that purpose. You'd think a country would set aside its cultural aversions for the purpose of helping a fellow muslim, utilizing a place devoted to this religion that binds them all, whether they believe what the larger state feels is the true path or not. I hear a lot about how Islam is a religion of peace and compassion, seems Saudi Arabia has a funny way of showin it.

I think this is at the very least an interesting and worthwhile topic of discussion. Who knows, perhaps recent stampede dangers has caused them to shut the entire camp down, maybe Syrians wouldn't want to go to such a place anyways.

@JackBurton I don't disagree. But...us Westerners have had a raging hard on for secularism post-Industrialization. Money is, arguably, our religion. Perhaps science if you're an optimist. I am not moving any goalposts here. I'm just saying we cannot understate or even underestimate the power of religion at play here. The Saudis and Syrians are a geographical hop-and-skip, but their ideological differences are a world apart.

But, my lofty liberalism aside, I'm a heartless bitch in favour of nuking Saudi Arabia to solve this ISIS cancer. We can burn cash in Syria, but if we don't rip out the hydra's heart this same shit will continue. Just in a different ballpark.

Backing his Muslim buddies at the risk of Nuclear war with Russia
What a fucking asshole, and labtards want you to think Trump is a danger to world peace

Carter got a hint of just how difficult it may be to sell Congress on such legislation when Representative Tulsi Gabbard (D., Hawaii) suggested that Obama’s decision to place American fighter jets equipped “to target Russian planes” on the border between Turkey and Syria, and his stated opposition to Russian-backed Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, could lead the U.S. into a nuclear war with Vladimir Putin’s regime

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427839/tulsi-gabbard-obama-risks-nuclear-war-russia

Barack Hussein Obama II and who he really supports
Moscow (AFP) - Russia's defence ministry on Saturday accused the United States of turning a blind eye to the trafficking of oil into Turkey from Syrian areas under Islamic State control, after Washington called the amounts involved insignificant.

"When US officials say they don't see how the terrorists' oil is smuggled to Turkey... it smells badly of a desire to cover up these acts," the ministry said on its Facebook page.

"The declarations of the Pentagon and the State Department seem like a theatre of the absurd," the statement added, suggesting that Washington "watch the videos taken by its (own) drones which have recently been three times as numerous over the Turkey-Syria border and above the oil zones".
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-accuses-us-cover-over-oil-smuggling-turkey-204046827.html

Barack Hussein Obama II's friends attack USA servicemen in Turkey

US Navy sailors harassed, assaulted in Turkey
Anger against the U.S. has risen in Turkey following U.S. airstrikes in support of Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State radicals in the northern Syrian city of Kobani near the Turkish border. There are approximately 2,000 U.S. troops currently stationed in Turkey with the vast majority operating out of Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey, according to Stars and Stripes.
In the video, which was quickly posted on YouTube, a group of roughly 20 men carrying a banner with Turkish founding father Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's face on it pelt the sailors with garbage and paint before surrounding them and pulling bags over their heads.

“Because we define you as murderers, as killers, we want you to get out of our land,” one of the assailants is heard saying. “Damn America!”

Turkish authorities detained 12 people Wednesday, including one woman, in connection with the incident, according to the Dogan news agency.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/12/video-shows-turkish-mob-attacking-us-navy-sailors/

The GOP presidential candidate shared the media mogul remarks about Muslims to his more than five million followers.
Rupert Murdoch spoke out about Donald Trump's recent remarks calling for a "complete shutdown" of Muslims entering the United States.

"Has Trump gone too far?" tweeted Murdoch, without answering his own question. "Regardless, public is obsessed on radical Muslim dangers, Complete refugee pause to fix vetting makes sense."

The media mogul's implication that the U.S. should have a pause on allowing refugees into the country while it "fixes vetting" is not a new idea. The House of Representatives recently voted to ban Syrian and Iraqi refugees from entering the U.S., calling for tougher screening measures.

However, Trump's request to bar all Muslims from entering the country has been met with indignation and disdain.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rupert-murdoch-trumps-immigration-stance-846983

Back