• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Video of Lila @ link. Lots of pics. :)

2ED2701B00000578-3334679-image-m-10_1448530921495.jpg

This is the incredible moment a dog dives into the sea and catches a lobster.

Perched on a boat, black Labrador Lila receives some instruction and direction from her owner Alex Schulze, before plunging into the water.

The clever pooch is then filmed swimming down to the sea bed, believed to be in Florida, with its eyes firmly fixed on the lobster floating.

The dog the picks up the crustacean in its mouth before swimming back up to the boat to pass the loot over.

As Lila surfaces she is given a round of applause from owner Alex for a job well done.

Writing alongside the video, shared on Devoted to the Ocean's YouTube page, Alex writes: 'I am devoted to the ocean and I trained my black lab Lila how to dive underwater and pick up toys.

'One day while out free diving, I had the idea of trying to get Lila to catch a live lobster.

'Sure enough she caught a lobster on her first try, and the rest was history.'

On the YouTube channel, Schulze gives a step-by-step lesson in how to train your dog to capture lobsters.

He says it is vital that the beginning and end of each session includes playtime.

Schulze started off by throwing toys into a swimming pool for Lila to recover, saying it was key to make the dog associate training with fun.'

Alex also runs a Facebook page that tells the story of his deep sea diving dog.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Labrador-canine-catches-LOBSTERS-owner.html

Is this legal? Hopefully the petowner has the necessary licenses to fish, and hopefully he's not in violation of any sttute that may forbid this manner of fishing. He's prob using the dog excuse to get skirt the law. "i'm not the one fishing, it's the dog!?"

Back