• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ents-world-hottest-chilli-manchester-10400312
Students had to be evacuated from their homes when a neighbour started cooking with one of the world’s hottest chilli.

Panicked youngsters on Mauldeth Road in Fallowfield called in firefighters as fumes from the stove spread to neighbouring properties - and convinced them there had been a gas leak.

But after fleeing their homes they discovered that the source of the problem was the spicy recipe being cooked up next door.

Four homes on the road had to fumigated [....]

Terri Moran, 19, had been enjoying drinks with friends at her home ahead of a night of Halloween festivities on Mauldeth Road, Fallowfield, when two of them were taken ill.

Fearing a gas leak they ran into the street and saw other people were also coming out of other houses.

She said: “We thought it’s got to be a gas leak, nothing else came to mind. We ran out of the house.

“We then saw the house behind us and another on our left that were doing the same thing.
[....]
“I rang 111 and they said to ring 999. I said: ‘We don’t know what’s going on, we think there’s been a gas leak or maybe a burst pipe.’

“They told me to get everyone out of the house.”
[....]
the fire brigade arrived on the scene quickly. She added: “We were quite panicky and the fire-fighters calmed us down. They came out of the house coughing and had to put gas masks on before going back in.

“They got a big industrial fan to ventilate all the houses one-by-one and opened all the door and windows.”

She said fire-fighters told her the case was the ‘weirdest they had dealt with in 20 years’.

Terri said the residents of the house the fumes had come from had said sorry over the incident, and had given out beers and alcopops by way of apology.
[....]
few of the students had woken up with a ‘bit of a cough” the next morning but were otherwise okay.

Firefighters said they were called out just before 10pm on October 29 and spent half an hour dealing with the fumes.

Just wow! Why does anything have to be so spicy? i hope nobody actually ate any of that chili, probably would have blistered their insides, OHHHH GOD, I just thought about the next morning when the kids have to go into the pool. Just NO! That's just stupid.

A friend of my son's brought one over on Halloween, because he had grown some. Don't ask me what it is about men and hot peppers. I believe only a tiny bit was sampled, so no men children were harmed. I decided to just take their word for it

Chilis are loaded with Vitamin A and C, and they taste so damn good too. Plus they have that oleoresin capsicum burn that fools the brain into releasing endorphins because it thinks its owner has just decided to chow down on live coals and it wants to settle things down.

--Al
who recalls the number of people on Youtube eating seriously hot peppers . . . and laughing while they did

If those peppers were hot or spicy enough to run everybody out of their houses all around them, then it could be that nothing at all could live in there after that, humans included. Bet all the bugs, rats and spiders left!

I want to get one of these peppers to get revenge on my husband somehow. no bad ratings please but we had a food dehydrators and one time a long time ago we made crushed red peppers with habaneros and my lovely hubby had my friend take a taste it was when we first started dehydrating he gave her a taste off his finger, which ticked me the fuck off, and then without me thinking he touched my female private area with the pepper finger! Pain and yeah what an asshole!!!

I want to get one of these peppers to get revenge on my husband somehow. no bad ratings please but we had a food dehydrators and one time a long time ago we made crushed red peppers with habaneros and my lovely hubby had my friend take a taste it was when we first started dehydrating he gave her a taste off his finger, which ticked me the fuck off, and then without me thinking he touched my female private area with the pepper finger! Pain and yeah what an asshole!!!
They are pretty easy to get. At least where I am. As to him making you "burn", that can go both ways, if you so choose. :p

They are pretty easy to get. At least where I am. As to him making you "burn", that can go both ways, if you so choose. :p
Thanks this post is a couple weeks old but we were talking about this just yesterday he "thought he knew what the hottest pepper "ghost" but i informed him it was the reaper, I live in ohio could I get a few here?

Thanks this post is a couple weeks old but we were talking about this just yesterday he "thought he knew what the hottest pepper "ghost" but i informed him it was the reaper, I live in ohio could I get a few here?

That you are seriously contemplating this has me in stitches!

i would be searching long and hard if i were you!!i would do same to my husband if he did that to me! good luck lol

Probably. I'm from CA, but I remember visiting a now ex in Ohio, and we found some salsa that made him about pass out, lol. I believe we found it in Dayton.

Probably. I'm from CA, but I remember visiting a now ex in Ohio, and we found some salsa that made him about pass out, lol. I believe we found it in Dayton.

That almost happened to me once, and I'm used to varying degrees of heat in food. The place was popular and located in what was once a repair garage/gas station. I took only one small bite of a chip with their salsa on it and actually lost my breath. For a few seconds I imagined them having to call 911 to resuscitate me! I have never experienced anything like it before or since.

Back