• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
So instead of stopping at Dunkins and getting a donut a rookie cop in Millis Ma decides to shake up the town. He call dispatch and they hear this.
"My cruiser's been shot at. I'm at Forest Road. It's going to be a dark maroon pickup," the officer radioed to dispatch at 2:17 p.m.
So this kicks off a massive manhunt for the perps. The Mass State troopers are called in, SWAT is on the scene. There are helicopters up in the air. Guess what the fucker made it all up. So instead of going blue he will be sporting orange for many years.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/millis-schools-closed-thursday-as-hunt-for-gunman-continues/35077538

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...-After-Cruiser-Shot-at-Crashes-324067991.html

*sigh* And we wonder why there are so many bad cops out there...

Folks, make sure you show appreciation to your local good cops, because let's face it, they're getting scarce.

It makes me pretty dang happy that anyone, especially a goddamned cop, doesn't know that forensics can very easily determine the bullets came from his gun.

I wonder... did he get into a stupid accident (texting maybe?) and try to cover it up with the story and with bullet holes? Or did he accidentally shoot his car and decide to destroy the evidence with a car accident and use that story?

We need to get this dude to watch a little Law & Order, maybe then he can find out a little bit about how criminal investigations work.

Massachusetts Police Department Says Its Officer “Fabricated” Story of Being Shot At (Updated)

Bryan-Johnson-Millis-Police-jpg.jpg

Bryan Johnson of Millis, 24 - Photo Source
UPDATE (9/4/2015): The Millis Police Department has confirmed that they are seeking four charges against Johnson: misleading a police investigation, providing false information to emergency services, malicious destruction of property, and unlawful discharge of a firearm. Johnson has not yet been terminated from his job and is currently on paid leave.
Link with additional details...

Millis officer’s story shifted in alleged shooting hoax

I'm guessing he had an accident, ever how it happened, and then tried to cover it up by saying that he was shot at. All he had to do was say he swerved to miss a deer or a big dog that ran across the road, I'm sure there are thousands of accidents blamed on deer, dogs, mothmen, pterodactyls, UFOs and bigfoot.

The secret to a good lie is to keep it simple, the more you embellish, the more you have to remember, and then say it happened so fast that you're not sure what happened. I've studied this extensively in my youth. LOL

"I think it sounds like somebody made a bad choice and didn't know how to get out of it, and thought maybe they could squeeze out of it in a different way, and it ended very badly," added resident Sarah Hagen.

Now throughout the town, there's blue balloons on mail boxes and ribbons on telephone poles to support the police, in a time when relationships between officers and their communities have been strained elsewhere in the country.

Police say one bad act by one person doesn't take away from whole department.

"It's just nice to know there are all these people around the country that support their police departments. It means a lot to all of us," Sgt. Dwyer, of the Millis Police Department said.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Hundreds-Gather-to-Support-Millis-Mass-Police-325480821.html

This level of stupid scares me. :eek: It should scare you too. He drives and probably votes.
I refuse to drive based upon the observations I make at my job. People aren't even aware anymore, but this is a different discussion.

I personally don't believe that any human has the makings of a good cop. Emotions and prejudice cloud judgement too easily and far too often.

I refuse to drive based upon the observations I make at my job. People aren't even aware anymore, but this is a different discussion.

I personally don't believe that any human has the makings of a good cop. Emotions and prejudice cloud judgement too easily and far too often.

I can't say I'm always a good driver. I don't take phone calls, text, read, eat, put on makeup, etc. while driving. But I have a deep love of cranking the music too loud and driving fast. However, I'm also not a cop and would make a terrible officer. My temper is way too bad. But this particular cop's decisions weren't just bad, they were scary bad.

P. S. Now I wonder what you do.

Why is most peoples first reaction to a fuck up is "let me make some stupid shit up and then I won't get in trouble!" Very seldom does a lie work, and I have found it is ALWAYS better to tell the truth, take the ass chewing, and move on. PLUS, your next lie will probably float on through because they think your an honest guy. You gotta set up your lies with a lot of backstory folks.

This probably relates in some way. :rolleyes: Apparently applicants with high IQs are barred from becoming cops in some jurisdictions. :shifty: I wonder how widespread the practice is?

The dude in the story below tried suing after he was refused employment because of his IQ. He lost his suit and went on to become a prison guard. :bag: The story is from NY.

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan alleged his rejection from the police force was discrimination. He sued the city, saying his civil rights were violated because he was denied equal protection under the law.

But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.​

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Last edited:
Police say one bad act by one person doesn't take away from whole department.

Um, they hired him. If i start a business selling vacuums door to door, and one of my salesman does something insane and incredibly dangerous like this, my business will no doubt suffer. Police dpts should get a pass though...

I don't have the time or patience to remember lies... I just tell the truth and deal with it. Lying is a complete waste of time to me. :angelic:
Agreed. But sometimes a lie is the best remedy. As for remembering your lies, I have found it's better to work on my "you don't remember!?" look than actually waste brain cells on remembering what I actually said.

So on the same day that he "blacked out", shot his cruiser, then wrecked it, called in a fake report of a shooter he also called in a hoax bomb threat to a high school!
I wonder what else he did during this breakdown that has not yet been revealed?

A little irrelevant since the dude is dead and all, but a few more details came out since he hanged himself.

The full article launches into the whole process, from him being embarrassed about fucking a high schooler at age 24, to calling in two threats to her high school, to making up his ridiculous initial story, to getting caught lying by the postman, to changing his story, to his interviews, and finally his hanging. The link is worth a read.

He had only one word to describe why he did what he did.

Attention.”

[...]

On the last day that Bryan Johnson would work as a police officer, he began his shift at 7 a.m.

It was the first day of school. He stood outside the joint middle and high school, working traffic enforcement. His day was supposed to end at 11 that morning, but after two different threats were called into the high school, he was asked to stay on.

[...]

“All I know is I’ve been dealing with some negative things around this place for about three weeks due to the fact that I had the relationship with this girl,” Johnson later told the detectives.

“We’re trying to make sense of something that doesn’t make sense.”

He and the girl, who is now a senior at Millis High, had known each other about a year. It was casual, he said, and romantic. They went to Patriots games and the beach together, he said.

But the relationship was a source of discomfort for Johnson. A sergeant told him he should knock it off, that it didn’t look right to be dating a high school girl, the chief later said.

“So this [plan] may have been to elevate your status, for lack of a better term, here in the PD?” Trooper Brian Tully, one of the lead investigators with the Norfolk County District Attorney’s office, later asked Johnson.

“Correct,” Johnson said.

[...]

“You’re trying to impress people,” Tully suggested to him. “So let me ask you this, was it something related to the fact that you’re a new officer and you love the business, you want to prove to people that you’re not new, is it something related to that or is it something totally different?”

“I guess that’s a good way to describe it,” Johnson said.

[...]

Investigators later discovered that he did make those threats to the school. At 10:39 a.m., while standing not far from the school entrance, he dialed the school secretary from an iPhone he’d taken from the police dispatching center that morning.

“The f---ing police are going to be busy today! Better lock your doors,”
the secretary heard an angry young man say.

And when his tour was extended past 11 a.m., he called again at 11:31 a.m., this time telling her there was a bomb in the school, and that the police better hurry up.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...q0yOulWnRBEgoLYFO/story.html?p1=Must_Reads_hp

He was dating a highschool student???

Age of consent in Mass is 16 so he wasn't breaking a law. But yes, he was embarrassing himself and the department, as the other police kindly pointed out to him.

Too many people can't think 10 minutes ahead anymore...I think it was that No Child Left Behind thing.
Seriously though, there was no place he could go in that town without everyone knowing his shame. He could never have grown past that staying in the same geographic region.

I think that no matter where he went, he'd continue making poor choices that would get him in similar predicaments. Wanting to date a 16 year old tells boatloads about his character from the start, who knows what he may have developed into with further practice. And now, knowing the behind the scenes manipulation he created to better his image, we know for certain he did not, in any way, shape, or form, possess the ethics and morals ideally expected of an officer of the law. He would have done this shit again, somewhere else, and somebody else may have gotten hurt or killed because of the consequences of his self-absorbed immaturity.

Now that I've given this some more thought (at least ten minutes), I can say I'm glad the fucker killed himself. Nobody will be hurt by him in the future.

Last edited:
He and the girl, who is now a senior at Millis High, had known each other about a year.

So yeah she could have been anywhere between 17 & 19.

I think he was a person who thought he needed to be the center of attention, like he had been when he was picked and hired and when he was just put on duty like all the rest he couldn't handle what he thought was rejection so he created drama so he could be johnny on the spot and show them just what an asset to the department he could be. Wasn't happy that he was just regular like all the others. And when his shame was exposed he couldn't take it, so he took the coward's way out.

Back