• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I hate when people misspell words like there, their, and they're or use the correct spelling later but use it wrong in context of the their sentence. Drives me crazy, and always I want to point it out but don't....oh well, potatoes patatoes.....lol

I just want to add when people say "would/could/should of" instead of "would've" or "would have". A lot of people seem to struggle with that one but it makes my skin crawl.

My peeves are when "allot" is used instead of "a lot", "too" instead of "to" & of course...if all that's going on, "your" will always take the place of "you're". The WORST ones are when they go on & on, where the paragraph is just one big run on sentence :banghead:!! Also, those who forget their commas...but I'm not picky.

2zz89zk.jpg

315d5x4.jpg

@Seven that "smarter than you're" poster is hilarious!

...he always pronounced it Warshington...
My dad says "warsh" instead of "wash." I always find it odd. Especially considering it's the only thing I've ever heard him say that way. He went to college in Washington... maybe it's in the water? o_O

Reminds me of the lady who killed her two husbands then poisoned and framed her teenage daughter by mixing prescription meds into her alcoholic beverages. Her sister found her just in time. Anyways...mom's downfall was a misspelling too...she spelled it "antifree" in her daughters suicide letter which she herself created.
Yes! I watched the same thing. In fact, I was just randomly telling my boyfriend about it the other day. You'd think maybe she'd stop to think, "Why is it called anti-free?" Because anti-FREEZE makes a hell of a lot more sense you dope!

I hate when people misspell words like there, their, and they're or use the correct spelling later but use it wrong in context of the their sentence.
I don't know what your talking about. ;)

While looking for that pic I came across this clever lady!
image.png
Judging by the penmanship I'd say she got it on the cheap, but I guess if you're getting a tattoo in anticipation of your eminent demise, you probably aren't as picky about something that will be there "forever."

Ya see what I did there? *Air high fives @disgusted4sho*

Also, speaking of pet peeves... Numero uno for me has to be run-on sentences with zero punctuation or paragraph breaks. :writer::nailbiting::stop: The runner up being poorly edited sentences where the words all seemto merge likethey areglued together along with random.punctuation," which really! drivesme nuts,# :wait:

The one that sends me around the bend is "alot" it's NOT one word! "A lot", the space is there for a reason!
I'm so guilty of this one but it's not out of ignorance-- I totally know I'm doing it wrong! 'A lot' just doesn't look right to me so when my autocorrect separates it for me, my OCD itches until I backspace it back together:bag:
(OCD sucks...Alot!)

Back