• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://mashable.com/2015/11/03/kfc-in-iran/#NbJfeWGmVgqQ

The restaurant, KFC Halal, which Iranian news agency Tasnimcalled "the first American branch" of its kind, had set up shop in West Tehran after seemingly obtaining approval from the country's Ministry of Industry, Trade and Mines, and showed happy customers lining up for chicken on its website and Instagram page.
But by Tuesday, Iranian police had shut it down. A sign posted on its door read it was "closed until further notice." The reason given: Its decor too closely resembles the U.S. flag, and its presence "can be seen as a part of American influence into Iranian culture," the agency says. "The U.S. is one of Iran's major enemies and this will have grave dangers for the country."

"The shutting down of Halal KFC was due to a misunderstanding," the store's manager, Abbas Pazuki, reportedly said. "We are part of a brand known as Halal KFC, which comes from Turkey. It belongs to Muslims and its target market is Muslim nations," he clarified. That KFC, he says, is a "rival of the American KFC."

"We are shocked with the news that an illegitimate KFC outlet has opened in Tehran, Iran," Laurie Schalow, a KFC spokesperson, told Mashable. "No franchise rights have been granted to any party in Iran. We are in contact with local authorities and external advisers and will be filing a legal action against any company or individuals claiming to have rights to open KFC.

Ali Fazli, who is identified as Head of the Trade Chamber of Iran by the Iranian News Labor Agency, also said the KFC restaurant had "nothing to do" with its American namesake. "No Western fast food has any branches in Iran," he said.

Despite a thaw in relations during the nuclear talks, Iran's hardliners are wary of embracing any Western-style restaurants, which they say is "behavior contrary to Islamic-Iranian culture and traditions." Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khomeini, has called the establishment of such restaurants a red line that would not be crossed.

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/kfc-halal-falls-fowl-iran-police-report-144238472.html

"No American fast food chain has a restaurant in Iran," Ali Fazeli, head of the Iranian chamber of commerce, was quoted as saying by the ILNA press agency.

"Food products from Iranian KFC have nothing to do with KFC" in the United States, he said.

"In accordance with orders from the supreme leader (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei), we do not give any authorisation to Western brands" in the fast food sector, Fazeli added.

Khamenei on Tuesday called on Iranians to remain "vigilant" against the United States, which he said had not changed despite striking a deal with Tehran.

Most of Iran's lawmakers voted Monday to keep the slogan "Death to America" despite the nuclear accord.

Although Khamenei has since endorsed the deal, known officially as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, he accused Washington in September of using nuclear talks as a means of imposing its own agenda on Tehran.

If KFC "Halal" really wanted to have kept their doors open they just needed to remove the most Western of influences, such as making employees wash their hands after elimination, general disinfection, etc.

Last edited:
I find it interesting they claim KFC has nothing to do with America...but the restaurant features good ole Colonel Sander's throughout.

"We are shocked with the news that an illegitimate KFC outlet has opened in Tehran, Iran," Laurie Schalow, a KFC spokesperson, told Mashable. "No franchise rights have been granted to any party in Iran. We are in contact with local authorities and external advisers and will be filing a legal action against any company or individuals claiming to have rights to open KFC.

Wow, all the more reason Popeyes is superior to KFC. Even beyond the VASTLY superior taste and the fact that Popeyes actually seasons and adds flavor to their fried chicken, we have KFC siding with an authoritarian, American hating regime to suppress the rights of the subjugated common folk just trying to make a buck. Fucking vile. Not surprising from a fast food shitshack like that though

And why is it they would even want our fast food restaurants??? I mean considering how evil and morally inferior we are..

It's the gov't that thinks we're evil and inferior. A great deal of the populace isn't so radical and bloodthirsty. Otherwise i would agree, i can't fathom why any self respecting nation would want trash fast food establishments.

Church's Chicken is vastly superior to both. And, their fried okra is almost as good as mine.

Never had em, only place i've been that USED to have em got a Chicken Express shortly before i arrived. Chicken Express seems to run all of em out of town quite often. Good stuff, best bang for the buck for sure, get the most food for cheapest.

I'm a sucker for fried okra, but those fries at popeyes, good god, some of the best out there.

popeyes is the best. it seems KfC's chicken shrunk because every time now the pieces I eat are way smaller... kfc is good but popeyes is definetly alot better.. i love it and now i want some!

Lees famous recipe is the best...but its local to eastern indiana and western ohio..
As far as nationwide...Chesters fried chicken

popeyes is the best. it seems KfC's chicken shrunk because every time now the pieces I eat are way smaller... kfc is good but popeyes is definetly alot better.. i love it and now i want some!

I used to think the same thing about Apples...But then I realized that the apples did not get smaller, my hands just got bigger. Kentucky Fried Chicken is gross...All fast food is gross. I see the group who is preparing it and then there is always that one guy or one girl that trips me out so bad I am like they touched my food or they were in the vicinity of my food and fuck it...I cant put it in my mouth. Except KFC macaroni salad...that would be part of my last meal request if I was on death row. Or Popeye's coleslaw..because it has that subtle dill pickley taste

Last edited:
Here in Canada we have a chain called Mary Brown's chicken and taters. It is the most flavourful, juicy chicken that I have ever had and their taters are awesome. They also make great poutine and they have homemade Mac and cheese.

Back