• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
1098015_630x354.jpg

Imagine dusting off the old wise men and attempting to assess if any of the manager animals needs a spot of paint here and there when your attention is drawn to the manger by the cries of a newborn infant with umbilical cord still attached. Well that is exactly what happened in Richmond Hill, NY at the Holy Child Jesus Church. The baby boy was discovered by a custodian who followed the cries to the indoor crèche being setup near the alter. The baby was transported to Jamaica Hospital were he weighed in just over 5 pounds and measured 17 inches long. Staff has related that the newborn is in stable condition.

It was noted that by law a church is considered a safe haven for drop offs, but you are supposed to hand it off to a responsible person. I say fuck that, this is one that didn't end up tossed from the 14th floor, was asphyxiated by a garbage bag to be tossed in a bin or hastily buried in some anonymous, scrabble hardened ground.

http://pix11.com/2015/11/24/newborn...-queens-church-umbilical-cord-still-attached/

Last edited:
Thank goodness this one survived. With the stories we read here, it actually makes this parent look like a saint. May he find a loving, wonderful home... Poor little bug.

He's so beautiful, at least we can imagine that his mom loved him enough to not hurt him and take him somewhere she knew he'd be found, I can't really think of anyplace more public than a nativity in a church.

BG <3's you! I so needed that laugh! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

How sad is it that we are thrilled when the abandoned baby is found unharmed? :shy:

from @giantblue's link

Investigators located and interviewed the baby’s mother and determined no criminal prosecution was warranted, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement late Wednesday night.

“The mother followed the spirit of New York's 'Safe Haven' Law which allows a parent to leave a child not older than 30 days with an appropriate person or in a suitable location,” Brown said.

The mother left her infant son in the crèche of the Holy Jesus Church because it was the warmest nook to tuck him in, the DA said.

“The mother ... felt her newborn child would be found safely in the church ... and she returned the following morning to make certain that the baby had been found,” Brown said.

Leaving a newborn without alerting anyone is a crime under the ‘Safe Haven’ law. But authorities also worry about discouraging other moms from leaving their babies at designated safe havens — churches, hospitals, police stations and firehouses.

“The mother did the right thing by leaving (the baby) at the church if she didn’t want him,” said parishioner Brenda Terin, 36, of Richmond Hill. “I’m glad he’s safe. I hope he finds a really good family, someone who can really take care of the baby.”

This kinda pisses me off!! This woman left the baby in a church and the law had to hunt her down .question her and Put her picture in the news....uugghh...I get the fact, the proper way was to tell someone .. But damn...

I imagine being anonymous is the main concern for most these woman and the authorities just fucked that all up for her.

I imagine being anonymous is the main concern for most these woman and the authorities just fucked that all up for her.
All I've been thinking is what might happen now that women see they can be hunted down and outed after leaving their baby at a safe haven. Imagine if they are scared of what will happen if someone finds out about the baby, or that their location will be found out from where they dropped the baby because they are running, or who knows what. I can imagine that this will make some women less likely to want to take the same action. I mean, they even said this mom came back to make sure the baby was found. Seems to me she obviously cared somewhat for it.

Back