• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A 12-year-old girl who allegedly killed her stepmother said that a fictional clown named 'Laughing Jack' told her to do it.

According to court documents filed on Tuesday and cited by WSBT-TV, the Elkhart, Indiana girl set her family's apartment on fire and stabbed her stepmother, Maria Torres, 'at the direction of a fictional character found on the CreepyPasta website known as 'Laughing Jack.''

Maria Torres, 50, died in July after being stabbed to death allegedly by her 12-year-old stepdaughter

The court documents also revealed the girl, who has not been named because of her age, begged her father for help months before she allegedly stabbed her 50-year-old stepmother to death July 23.

She also 'heard voices' and had an 'alter ego' months before the stabbing.

[...]

The girl has been declared incompetent to stand trial by three doctors who all diagnosed her with Dissociate Identity Disorder, or multiple personality disorder, WSBT-TV reported.

She was also found by two of the doctors to be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

[...]

Her public defender said that she is having difficulty with finding help for her.

'This little girl has been failed by everyone,' Holly Curtis, the girl's public defender, told WSBT-TV.

At least 16 psychiatric facilities have refused to take her, and the state won't either despite a court order being signed this week by both a magistrate and a judge.

[...]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-clown-character-Laughing-Jack-told-it.html

I'm sure treatment wont be a problem at all any more ....

.... sadly that's what it took.
I feel bad for this kid.

Thanks @Jessiesgirl1108 ! I sent this one to Morbid yesterday to see if he could use it for the FP. I was going to write it up until I plugged it into the search and realized D'D had a thread on it when she was originally charged, so since it was already tied into that one and the other CreepyPasta 12 year olds (Morgan Geyer and Anissa Weier/Slenderman) who set up and murdered a child, I told him I couldn't do it justice and just passed it back to him.

This girl is SOOO sad, and to get a diagnosis of Diss. Disorder/MPD these days is almost unheard of, esp. with a child. She begged for help and no one effing took her seriously. Either that or no one gave a good gd about her until she murdered someone. :rage:

Last edited:
That shit is CREEPY! I wouldn't let my 12 year old (if I had one) within 6000 lightyears of that shit!
My boys used to go on it, they found it funny. They got bored with it quite quickly though. And I don't mean Ev who's 15, I mean the two younger ones who are 9 and 10 now.

It's not that I'm lax, rather I know what they can handle seeing. I admit to never seeing more than a few seconds of it myself but I would watch them on it and all they would do was laugh so I realized they were sick and twisted like me so I better let them go.

Laughing Jack, Slenderman...wow there is no end to fictional characters becoming the precursor's to murders by children. Interested in hearing more about this girls life and what led to where she is now.

My boys used to go on it, they found it funny. They got bored with it quite quickly though. And I don't mean Ev who's 15, I mean the two younger ones who are 9 and 10 now.

It's not that I'm lax, rather I know what they can handle seeing. I admit to never seeing more than a few seconds of it myself but I would watch them on it and all they would do was laugh so I realized they were sick and twisted like me so I better let them go.

Creepypasta has a note in their side bar for minors. It suggests that those under 18 make their parents aware that they are spending time there...Literally "Go get your parents and show them this site, let them know you're here." ....I think its pretty responsible.

Last edited:
That's the whole thing about CreepyPasta. It really is a very cool, creepy, youth horror site where the stories and characters are created by fans themselves. It's like the gory version of R.L. Stein and some of the other creep/horror writers who cater to the kids and teen market, IMO. It also encourages young horror story lovers to share their own ideas and get them writing and developing their skills early. It's an awesome way to get their imaginations going in the fantasy fiction/horror genre.

But, as with anything else, whether it's this site, or certain video games, books, music lyrics or anything else, you can't pick and choose who's stable and who's not in the fandom. There's always going to be the rare exception, like this poor girl and the Slenderman case (those two were deemed sociopathic and fit to stand trial) where the line between fiction and reality blurs and shit like this happens. We see it most commonly in wannabe "satanists" who divert the true constructs of Satanism in favor of doing heinous shit thinking it will "please the Dark Lord/Satan", etc. It's a fan-based contributor site and again, it's that .001% of the fandom they can't control.

I'm sure a lot of us grew up as horror lovers, e.g., tv shows, books, comic books, etc. I used live, eat, breathe and sleep horror when I was a kid and even with my childhood, I consumed horror fare like it was my last meal, but I didn't snap. I never got so lost in the fantasy I allowed it to control me in any way. 99.99% of the kids don't (just a comparative guess). IMO, it's not the material, even though these creepy characters 'will become your imaginary friend.'. There were screaming red flags this girl desperately needed help long before she had to murder her mother to get it. :(

ETA: And I agree any responsible parent would monitor what their kids are exposed to and decide if it should be off limits or not. But the keyword is responsible.

Last edited:
OK - I should have been more specific, my bad... :oops: I'm talking about these clearly troubled kids. I would guess that my nieces and nephew have been to the site too. For the most part they are perfectly normal, if not a bit on the nerdy side, kids. That are involved in too many activities to count. I'm not worried about them so much. It's the loners I'm afraid for. I'm referring more to the kid that the parents know spends 100% of any free time they have on a site like that. The obsessive kid that starts to live in that world. How do these parents not see their child is literally slipping away right in front of them? Wouldn't you think that the parent of that child would check the site out, explore it, keep their kid from it if they were getting that deep into it? At 12 I was into Asterix & Obelix, not creepy dead zombie looking clowns that apparently stalk, torture and kill people in that world. :confused:

Unfortunately, given her diagnoses and history, I doubt anyone paid enough attention to her to care what she was exposed to since her parents/guardians/caretakers/whoever were probably the same ones abusing her and effing up her mind beyond the point of no return. As @McDanel said, these two diagnoses are almost exclusive to severe sexual abuse along with the other poly abuses. <3 :(

Did you know (Yes, you probably do!) that almost ALL cases of animal hoarding also have a link to childhood sexual abuse? I find that one particularly interesting for some reason. :bookworm:
Interesting, like rescuing the abused unwanted childhood self.

I wonder if this will get as much attention as the Slenderman stabbing last year. Probably not... Laughing Jack doesn't have a franchise behind him.

Poor girl. I hope she gets help.

Did you know (Yes, you probably do!) that almost ALL cases of animal hoarding also have a link to childhood sexual abuse? I find that one particularly interesting for some reason. :bookworm:

Thank you for making that point, to expand on that, part of that is control and the other part is forming attachments to creatures who you are sure are not going hurt you. There is lot's going on there with animal hoarding. It appears lot's going on with this girl here too. No facilities to treat her...dissociative psychosis isn't that common, so finding a doctor to treat her sounds like a an incredible task. You have to figure that they want to be careful, in that the wrong method of treatment has the potential make the problem worse and she is already a 12 year old killer so worse would look pretty bad.

Damn, I really hope someone can help this girl. Yeah, she killed her stepmom, but if the story is right, she begged for help before. She knew her mind was slipping and was reaching out to someone that was supposed to listen. When her own father wouldn't listen, who the fuck else did she have to go to? Nobody! Sounds to me like when nobody in the real world bothered to help her, she started searching for someone that might understand what she was going through. She couldn't find anyone, so she ended up forming bonds with fictional characters, probably because they're the only ones that she could count on and trust. With a fucked up child's mind and a neglectful parent (at the very least neglectful), she ended up seeking advice from "laughing jack", and apparently his solution was to kill stepmom. Hate to sound cold here, but sound's like dad did not fulfill his duty as a parent.

How is that possible? How can someone be declared incompetent 3 times over and no psych facility will take her? It seems like they wouldn't have a choice.

Cuz she's now a murderer. What facility wants a murderer hanging around? How is that fair to the other folks receiving care at such places?

Lock her the fuck up. Her mind is irrational like an animals and she belongs in a cage.

Dissaciative identity disorder is a load of bullshit btw. She's pullin some chains with that one.

Lobotomise the little witch.

Good enough for the Kennedys and they're still Americas favorite political family, never recieved any backlash for that shit. Catholic trash.

Last edited:
How is that possible? How can someone be declared incompetent 3 times over and no psych facility will take her? It seems like they wouldn't have a choice.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Are these facilities not state-owned?

Dissaciative identity disorder is a load of bullshit btw. She's pullin some chains with that one

Do you really think a twelve year old girl is intelligent enough to out smart a team of doctors? Do you think the doctors started treating her for dissociative identity disorder as soon as she was walked in the door of their facility...Doubt it. Bet there was lots of trying this and trying that first. Yes I do...I bet you.

After what happened in Wisconsin the fact that parents would let their kids go to this site is amazing...and i believe 12 is too young to be unsupervised on the internet.

Do you really think a twelve year old girl is intelligent enough to out smart a team of doctors? Do you think the doctors started treating her for dissociative identity disorder as soon as she was walked in the door of their facility...Doubt it. Bet there was lots of trying this and trying that first. Yes I do...I bet you.

People in the field of psychology can be profoundly dumb and even young kids can be surprisingly manipulative.

I suppose it's likely more the former though.

Back