• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/uk-wife-poisoned-husband-foiled-spelling-mistake-162013236.html

A British woman who tried to kill her husband by poisoning his Christmas drink of sparkling fruit wine with anti-freeze was jailed for 15 years on Monday after being undone by a spelling mistake and a trail of text messages.

Following family arguments, Jacqueline Patrick, 55, twice tried to kill her husband Douglas, 70, in October and on Christmas Day 2013, by spiking his cherry Lambrini, a drink favored by teenagers looking to get drunk on a low budget.

"Perhaps most shocking of all was the note she gave to the London Ambulance Service purporting to be from her husband, stating that he did not wish to be resuscitated," said Detective Inspector Tracey Miller, of London's Metropolitan Police, in a statement.

The forged note showed a misspelling of the word dignity as "dignerty". When police later asked her to write the word, Jacqueline Patrick made the same mistake.

The couple's daughter Katherine, 21, was sentenced to three years in jail after admitting to inciting her mother to poison her father, while Jacqueline pleaded guilty to two counts of attempted murder at the family's south London home.

Mother and daughter's mobile phones were seized and revealed a series of incriminating exchanges, including "I got the stuff I will give him some later delete txt tell no one ok", and "He feels sick again I gave him more delete this".

So, children, now we know why it is so important to learn your spelling words, you never know when good spelling is going to keep you out of prison.

Last edited:
Hahaha! I love stupid people that try to get away with shit. Do they think that everybody just writes a note for the paramedics just in case something happens that day? Hell, maybe they do...Idk! I just feel like I'm living on the edge now. I'm gonna have to get up and write my note just in case something happens today. WTF????
Also, with the note to the paramedics and the fact that she says "dignerty", I'm pretty sure there's more than just a simple spelling issue going on.

Where the fuck did she get that r from for her "dignerty" I mean, I could understand misspelling it as "dignety" but... why on earth would you add an r??

A note...dignerty...:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I mean, in my head, I see the woman standing there casually, hands in pockets, and saying, "Oh wait, I have a note..."

(ruffles through pockets; produces crumpled, tattered piece of paper).

"Look! It's a note from him...he told me to give this to you..."

It's like an adult version of "the dog ate my homework"...just...just...

Fuck almighty :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Last edited:
Her answer to the paramedics, "Yeah he always writes me a note for y'all in case he accidentally drinks antifreeze or something, you never know."

And then texting about it between her and her daughter, really people can be so dumb, I thought everybody knew if you put it on the internet it will be there forever and ever. But I guess they never think of text being internet, it's only using the same Wi-Fi as computers, ya dumb asses!

The couple had been married for almost 30 years and had two children: Katherine, known as Katie, and an older daughter.

The court heard there had been domestic problems within the family concerning the younger daughter’s boyfriend, but allegations about her father being abusive or violent had been dropped.

Katherine Patrick had been “physically chastised” by her father as a child and had become “overly reliant” on her mother, her defence lawyer said. Julia Flanagan described her client as a “sensitive and timid girl” and said a psychological report found her to be “not as mature as others of her age”.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lambrini-jacqueline-patrick-attempted-murder

Aww, poor baby's golden dick wasn't being treated right, so logically there was no other solution than murder...shit, she sounds like an American.

Where the fuck did she get that r from for her "dignerty" I mean, I could understand misspelling it as "dignety" but... why on earth would you add an r??

I used to date someone that used to say and write "napkim" and "Valentime's Day".

She would get pissed at me when I tried to correct her.

It drove me absolutely bat-shit when she would do it too.

Reminds me of the lady who killed her two husbands then poisoned and framed her teenage daughter by mixing prescription meds into her alcoholic beverages. Her sister found her just in time. Anyways...mom's downfall was a misspelling too...she spelled it "antifree" in her daughters suicide letter which she herself created.

I hate when people misspell words like there, their, and they're or use the correct spelling later but use it wrong in context of the their sentence. Drives me crazy, and always I want to point it out but don't....oh well, potatoes patatoes.....lol

A note...dignerty...:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I mean, in my head, I see the woman standing there casually, hands in pockets, and saying, "Oh wait, I have a note..."

(ruffles through pockets; produces crumpled, tattered piece of paper).

"Look! It's a note from him...he told me to give this to you..."

It's like an adult version of "the dog ate my homework"...just...just...

Fuck almighty :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
Awesome! I pictured him having the note pinned to his shirt so the paramedics would be sure to see it!

And actually she misspelled 'dignity' as 'dignaty' (although imo 'dignerty' would have been much funnier!)
Here's a pic of the actual note she handed the paramedics:
image.jpg

As long as we're having this spelling bitch fest, I wanted to shove my .02 cents in here.
These are the ones that bug me:
Rockwilder
Pet bull
And noone

Wait, for real? That's the actual note??!

(does quick internet check for cross reference)

HA HA HA what an utter dumbass. And to think her "not as mature as other girls her age" daughter put her up to it....the two of them combined don't equal one brain!

Glad Mr. Patrick is okay. Must be hard to accept your own wife & daughter wanted you dead...especially for selfish, fucked up reasons.

I'm just noticing that she actually typed & printed the DNR note- which makes her 'dignaty' even more hysterical- maybe spell check was off?

And her using the word 'revive' makes me imagine a few failed attempts at "Do not recessinate?...rustusimate?...rasusitate?..... Don't revive!":hilarious:

I'm just noticing that she actually typed & printed the DNR note- which makes her 'dignaty' even more hysterical- maybe spell check was off?

And her using the word 'revive' makes me imagine a few failed attempts at "Do not recessinate?...rustusimate?...rasusitate?..... Don't revive!":hilarious:

this made me laugh!!!

That entire note was probably underlined in red when it was on the screen! I'm surprised it wasn't handwritten with a crayon on a piece of construction paper.

Here's a pic of the actual note she handed the paramedics
I'm particularly fond of the addition of "thank you" to the homemade DNR.

I've seen numerous DNR's and Advanced Directives, never once have I come across one that was so polite and thanked me for not performing CPR, in advance.

I Think I'm gonna have my "Doctor" write me a note saying I need a week off with pay ... aaaand a wallaby for cuntiness :whistle:

While looking for that pic I came across this clever lady!
image.png

I guess that's one way to make sure your wishes are honored! (My fav part is the 'please turn over'- if she happens to keel over face down, there won't be any confusion!:p)

Reminds me of the lady who killed her two husbands then poisoned and framed her teenage daughter by mixing prescription meds into her alcoholic beverages. Her sister found her just in time. Anyways...mom's downfall was a misspelling too...she spelled it "antifree" in her daughters suicide letter which she herself created.
I saw that on Forensic Files. The police were suspicious of the death's of two husbands, and had tapped the mother's phone. The mother typed a confession from her daughter confessing to killing both her father and step father with "antifree". After checking the fragmented files on mom's PC, they determined that the confession was typed on a day and time when the daughter was attending local college. Then they went to the tapped phone calls for that same day and time and the recording clearly showed that mom was typing on a keyboard while talking to a friend. She still maintains her innocence. Her daughter never visits her in prison.

I hate when people misspell words like there, their, and they're or use the correct spelling later but use it wrong in context of the their sentence. Drives me crazy, and always I want to point it out but don't....oh well, potatoes patatoes.....lol

.... and .... Would get me. Know what I mean?

.... and .... Would get me. Know what I mean?
I do.....lol... Its how i talk....i just ramble on and on....barely breathing between sentences. I do it when i text too....does it really bother you? Oops....well, if you've ever heard me talk in person you understand it it would then make sense...lol. @CbabyRKO do you think it makes sense that i write like this? Do you think it makes it look like the way i talk? ... I do talk a lot....sometimes beginning another topic before finishing the original thought.....bad habit really....lol

Wow I JUST watched all of The Jinx yesterday so reading about this spelling error giving her away is wigging me out!
I watched that recently too. I watched all I think it was six episode's in one night on demand. that case has always fascinated me.

sometimes beginning another topic before finishing the original thought.....

Stream of consciousness kind of talking, I do it too, tho I try to keep it in check when I'm here, but sometimes it does get out of hand, and using too many commas, cause that's the way I talk, sometimes I don't even take a breath. LOL

Back