• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I know I'm sooo gonna go to hell for saying this, but I can't help it! Is anyone else wondering if he was playing the song "funky cold medina" when he killed her?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-facebook-killer-claim-self-defense-wife-murder-140526884.html

A Florida man accused of shooting his wife and posting an image of her lifeless body on Facebook was acting in self defense, his lawyer plans to argue at the start of his Miami murder trial on Tuesday.

Derek Medina, 33, has pleaded not guilty to first degree murder and faces life in prison if convicted of the August 2013 shooting.

During the trial, expected to last two weeks, defense attorney Saam Zangeneh said he will introduce evidence that his wife used drugs, regularly fought with Medina, and may have been involved in Satanic worship.

Prosecutors say Medina was a boxer who should not have been afraid of his wife, according to court documents.

Before turning himself in after the killing, Medina wrote on Facebook: "I'm going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife. Love you guys, Miss you guys ... My wife was punching me, and I am not going to stand any more with the abuse so I did what I did. I hope u understand me."

Lawyers for Medina, who has cut his long black hair and beard ahead of the trial, prodded them on whether a man could be a domestic violence victim.

Last edited:
Florida man convicted of second-degree murder after killing his wife and posting a photo of her blood-spattered body on Facebook was sentenced to life in prison on Friday.
[...]
"You foretold your future," said Florida circuit court Judge Yvonne Colodny before handing down the sentence.

A jury late last year rejected his contention that he was acting in self-defense when he killed his wife, 27-year-old Jennifer Alfonso, in the kitchen of their Miami-area residence.

Medina was also sentenced to concurrently serve 15 years in prison for shooting or throwing a deadly missile and five years for child neglect without bodily harm after he left his wife's daughter alone in the home after the shooting. Medina will not be eligible for parole, a court spokeswoman said.

Medina spoke briefly at the hearing, making a convoluted statement in which he asked President Barack Obama to tackle corruption in the legal system.

"I did not get a fair trial, and I will taking action, I will be suing," he said.

A handful of Alfonso's relatives attended the hearing and requested the judge impose the maximum sentence of life.

"Jennifer is not going to come back to me in 25 years, she's not going to come back to me in 40 years, she's not going to come back to me at all," said her mother Carolyn Knox.
[...]
Defense attorneys described Alfonso as an abusive spouse who often instigated fights. The pair had married in 2010, divorced in early 2012, then remarried a few months later.

A report from the Miami-Dade County medical examiner said Medina shot Alfonso at a downward angle at point-blank range.

Medina posted an image of her bloodied body on Facebook shortly after the shooting.

"My wife was punching me, and I am not going to stand any more with the abuse so I did what I did," he added in the social media post.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-...e-prison-wifes-murder-172330221--finance.html

Disgusting POS... He shot his wife 8 times whilst she was on her knees and with their little girl in the house, taunted her friends and family by posting the picture on facebook, then left his daughter in the house with her mother's body. As if that wasn't enough, he completely refused to accept responsibility for what he'd done and dragged his wife's name through the mud by saying she was a druggie, husband-beating Satan worshipper (!!) and put her friends and family through the ordeal of listening to all this at trial, risked his daughter being called as a witness and ensuring these allegations about her mother would stay around to haunt her for the rest of her life, as well as having to hear her dad murder her mom and then being left alone in a house with her mom's body and having a photo of her mom's body on the internet forever, popping up if she ever wants to Google her mom or dad's name...

Last edited:
"I did not get a fair trial, and I will taking action, I will be suing," he said.

OMG...someone just shoot his guy...I fucking hate him...I can forgive the shooting, (who knows maybe she was a real bitch who had it coming) ...but I cannot forgive...STUPID.

"Mr Medina claims he shot his wife in self defence, alleging in a video statement to police he was a victim of domestic abuse; telling authorities his wife abused him and had been hitting and pushing him forcefully before the shooting. He claimed at the time of the shooting, Ms Alfonso came at him with a knife but he was able to disarm her. He grabbed the gun and shot her.

“Is Jennifer seen attacking Derek as he went upstairs to retrieve the firearm he would eventually use to shoot her dead?” Prosecutor J Scott Dunn asked lead Miami-Dade police Detective Jonathan Grossman.

“No,” Grossman answered.

In the footage, there were no indications Ms Alfonso was physical with her husband before he gunned her down in their kitchen. Police photos were introduced to evidence showing no signs of scratches, bruising or cuts on Mr Medina’s body."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/dda17af24c096a203b5a26050b06fdb3
[doublepost=1454994645,1454994374][/doublepost]And she wasn't on on bath salts at the time...

"a county toxicology found no evidence of the drugs in her system...

According to prosecutors, Alfonso got into an argument in their bedroom with Medina over his lack of spending time with her. He brandished his gun there as she threw mascara and a towel at him and threatened to leave him.

Then, Alfonso went downstairs to make pancakes for her daughter. Medina followed and the blow-up continued in the kitchen. He left, went upstairs, got his pistol and returned to confront her when she grabbed a kitchen knife to defend herself, prosecutor Klein said.

Medina told Miami-Dade detectives that he disarmed her of the knife and returned it to a kitchen drawer before firing. “He wasn’t going to lose by letting her leave him,” Klein said.

Alfonso’s 10-year-old daughter was upstairs at the time of the shooting. Medina told her to stay in a bedroom, never worried she might come out and see her mother’s body, Klein said.

“He had time to post on Facebook but no time to call anyone to come and get [the child],” Klein said.

On Monday, two former co-workers at the Gables Club recalled that Medina spoke to them by phone immediately after the shooting. He apologized for not being able to come to work, then admitting to killing his wife."

And the poor kid was still waiting for her pancakes!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article43963542.html

Last edited:
Disgusting POS... He shot his wife 8 times whilst she was on her knees and with their little girl in the house, taunted her friends and family by posting the picture on facebook, then left his daughter in the house with her mother's body. As if that wasn't enough, he completely refused to accept responsibility for what he'd done and dragged his wife's name through the mud by saying she was a druggie, husband-beating Satan worshipper (!!) and put her friends and family through the ordeal of listening to all this at trial, risked his daughter being called as a witness and ensuring these allegations about her mother would stay around to haunt her for the rest of her life, as well as having to hear her dad murder her mom and then being left alone in a house with her mom's body and having a photo of her mom's body on the internet forever, popping up if she ever wants to Google her mom or dad's name...

That is a fair summary.....

What a lame-assed pussy. Takes a knife away from her (that probably never happened), but then shoots her with a gun? I hope he gets shanked a few times in prison, then dies. As he bleeds out, he can think about what she went through. Another worthless asshole who should never have been born.

Warning
1639510782506.png
1639510750800.png
1639510868075.png

Name:MEDINA, DEREK V
Current Release Date: SENTENCED TO LIFE

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
08/08/2013 2ND DEG.MURD,DANGEROUS ACT 02/05/2016MIAMI-DADE1318474SENTENCED TO LIFE
08/08/2013 SHOOT/THROW MISSILE-BLDG/VEH. 02/05/2016MIAMI-DADE131847415Y 0M 0D
08/08/2013 CHILD NEGLECT 02/05/2016MIAMI-DADE13184745Y 0M 0D

Back