• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Krystal

Veteran Member
Credit to @aranka for the tip on this one.

You guys are awesome PM-ing me with the leads on these monsters!

James Clifford Paul doesn't deserve oxygen anymore, in fact he became undeserving of oxygen right around the Christmas season of 2014, unfortunately the death penalty isn't an option for him though.

A few days before Christmas 2014, a group of children out with their dog heard moaning from some snow covered bushes beside a path in the Alexis First Nation, near Edmonton, Canada. When they went to investigate the noises they found the battered and bloody body of a 6 year old girl suffering from hypothermia, barely clinging to life. In fact, so battered that her family called her face "unrecognizable" after the attack.

The girl was life-flighted to a hospital in Edmonton in critical condition.

Investigators found some of her winter clothing next to where she was found and began piecing together the horror of what had happened to her.

The child, who is not named, was sled riding earlier that day with a group of children and had decided to walk home to change into dry clothing.

During her walk home she encountered Paul, 21, who she was acquainted with but was not related to. It's possible that Paul had been watching the victim while she was sledding as he was seen at a pond near the sledding hill with a friend drinking alcohol that day.

It's unclear how the initial attack transpired but the victim was walking with Paul along a wooded path to a store when he sexually assaulted her.

After the first attack, Paul continued walking to the store and the victim was again following him. Paul said that she was "annoying" him by following him so he turned around and physically attacked her.

He turned around, punched the victim in the face and knocked her down. After knocking her down he got on top of her and punched her "multiple" times in the face, only stopping when she lost consciousness.

At this point, Paul grabbed her by her legs, pulled her off the path, picked her up and threw her in some bushes that bordered the path.

Then, like nothing out of the ordinary happened, Paul kept walking to the store where he purchased cigarettes and chatted with the clerk.

After the victim was discovered, barely alive, it didn't take police long to connect Paul to the vicious crime, and he was arrested later the same evening.

He was charged with attempted murder, aggravated ssexual assault and kidnapping in the attack on the young girl.

At the hospital the victim remained unconscious and on life support for several days. She eventaully awoke and began slowly speaking and regaining her strength and abilities.

In addition to the brain injuries that she suffered, she also had numerous bruises and swelling, as well as a lacerated spleen and a liver injury.

Paul has been held without bail since the attack. Kind of surprising actually, until you hear a bit more about him.

The prosecution had a "strong" case against him and Paul had a history of violence which included convictions for unprovoked attacks on previous girlfriends and allegation of other attacks of other previous girlfriends.

Fast forward to today.

In an unexpected turn of events, Paul plead guilty to the charges against him.

He was in court on Monday for the preliminary hearing where the prosecution would lay out their case to see if there was enough evidence to proceed, instead he plead guilty.

While addressing the court, Crown Prosecutor Jason Neustaeter told them how today the victim is now 7 and has been left with a traumatic brain injury, reduced vision and hearing loss as a result of Paul violent attack on her on Decmeber 20, 2014.

Less than a year ago, she was a carefree 6 year old sled riding with friends, today she requires constant supervision for her physical disabilities as well as her cognitive deficits which include memory problems and learning disabilities. She has been placed in a specialized foster home for aboriginal children with high-needs.

Paul is scheduled for a psychiatric assessment and will return to court on January 6, 2016 for possibly his sentencing for his henious crimes, he faces up to life in prison. Shortly after the crime was committed Paul was examined by two doctors for the prosecution who both found him competent.

In the wake of the attack, Paul's family was forced to leave the reservation, citing fears for their safety because of what their monster did to the child. Members of the reservation deny any threats or intimidation against Paul's family but admitted that they never want Paul to return to their community.

Links:
http://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...ck-that-left-seven-year-old-with-brain-injury
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...-makes-first-brief-court-appearance-1.2892472
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...bail-in-horrendous-attack-on-girl-6-1.3180635

There are a few pictures of Paul at the various links, he looks like a monster and like I said in the title, motherfucker deserves death.

Sick fucker! I don't believe the little girl followed him after he sexually assaulted her. I also don't think the government should have paid to move this bastard's family. They raised that animal deal with it. His mom has 8 other kids. She gets paid for each kid she has plus extra because she lives on the reservation.

I don't believe the little girl followed him after he sexually assaulted her.
I can actually see that happening though.

She knew him and she had to be scared out of her mind, in the shock and panic that she was feeling she may have tried to follow him without fully comprehending what he had done to her already.

I don't think she would have followed him because she wanted his companionship, I see it as a possiblilty out of shock and panic and not realizing fully what had just happened to her. Adults have moments like that following an attack, easily a child could as well.

Yup. Fucker needs to die. As soon as possible. And as painfully as possible.

As always, I volunteer for the execution part. Nobody ever seems to call me though.

Unbelievable this guy is even still alive.
My son is 7 and becoz little bit has hand mouth foot and too cold in the morning for her to go out, he has been walking to the bus stop by himself. Its just 2 blocks and I can watch him from the yard if I need to (I did the first time and the bus was over an hour late) but I always think in the blink of an eye your whole life can change becoz of an asshole.
They should tie him down to an anthill and slather him in honey. And just leave him.

this..this made my heart ache. and the end result that now she is in a home...
what i do wonder is what he thought he would get by pleading guilty? not as though he is sparing her a trial. if she is in a specialized foster home, i doubt she could even be a witness to her own attack/his crime. all he is, is a pussy ass fuck with ZERO self-control that needs every freedom he ever thought he knew taken away. and although the fact that i am entertaining the idea kinda kills me, maybe he needs a little jailhouse justice as well.

I agree completely @Krystal and @Buffettgirl - I can definitely see a shocked and traumatized little one begin to follow her attacker. Heartbreaking.

One of the linked articles says when she finally regained consciousness the next day (Christmas) the first thing she did was ask for Santa. That part really made my heart break for this sweet little innocent. :bigtears:

Also, another one of the links states that she was sent home by someone in the sledding group in order to change into dry clothes, but professionals estimated she was lying in the bushes for several hours after being attacked. Wouldn't someone have started looking for her sooner than that? Unless perhaps she was instructed to just stay at home once there. I dunno, but 6-years-old and gone several hours seems like an awfully long time to not have anyone notice.

I agree completely @Krystal and @Buffettgirl - I can definitely see a shocked and traumatized little one begin to follow her attacker. Heartbreaking.

One of the linked articles says when she finally regained consciousness the next day (Christmas) the first thing she did was ask for Santa. That part really made my heart break for this sweet little innocent. :bigtears:

Also, another one of the links states that she was sent home by someone in the sledding group in order to change into dry clothes, but professionals estimated she was lying in the bushes for several hours after being attacked. Wouldn't someone have started looking for her sooner than that? Unless perhaps she was instructed to just stay at home once there. I dunno, but 6-years-old and gone several hours seems like an awfully long time to not have anyone notice.
Unfortunately the reservations I know in Canada there really is no supervision with a lot of the families there. Plus there is a huge alcohol problem on a lot of them also. It's really sad to see. Canadian reservations I've been through are a little different then the ones on the American side. Where I live on the border and nothing around us but a good deal of different rezes. The alcohol is the same on both sides but they just seem more ghetto. By the way I'm not Canadian bashing. I'm a duel citizen and have lived on both sides.

why would they let a 6 yr old walk anywhere alone? that part pisses me off. and they dont even check on her!! now look where it got them for not giving a fuck... they should charge the adult in charge of the girl with atleast neglect... glad the girls ok and i would murder that bastard if i could

why would they let a 6 yr old walk anywhere alone?
This happened on a reservation in Canada, that may be where the answer lies. WE're talking not only a different country for some of us but definitely a very different culture with very different customs, methods, etc.

As a Canadian who lives in a town right near this incident... I can tell you the reserves here are a nightmare. My sister is a nurse, she was telling me once that when the treaty checks are issued there is a influx of children admitted for various random illnesses and the parents return a few days later to collect the kids. Many people assumed they were out partying and the hospital is a built in babysitter. Again this is speculation but there are a lot of issues on the reserves here and gang violence. In fact the Edmonton Remand correction facility has a well above average percentage of aboriginal inmates. This crime didn't surprise me in the least. Horrifying yes, but not surprising.

I can actually see that happening though.

She knew him and she had to be scared out of her mind, in the shock and panic that she was feeling she may have tried to follow him without fully comprehending what he had done to her already.

I don't think she would have followed him because she wanted his companionship, I see it as a possiblilty out of shock and panic and not realizing fully what had just happened to her. Adults have moments like that following an attack, easily a child could as well.
Oh my lord that is heartbreaking. I have said a million times before but I'm seriously over humans .. This asshole just needs to fucking die.

April 16, 2016

A man who sexually assaulted a seven-year-old girl and left her naked in the snow was given a 10-year prison sentence Monday in provincial court in Stony Plain, Alta.

James Clifford Paul, 22, pleaded guilty in November to sexual assault and aggravated assault.

His victim suffered a traumatic brain injury during the attack, and now requires round-the-clock care.

In a joint submission at a sentencing hearing last month, the Crown and the defence both recommended Paul serve 10 years in prison.

On Monday, Judge Charles Gardner sentenced Paul to four years for sexual assault and six years for aggravated assault.

Gardner said the decision was a difficult one, since the sentence had to balance the fact that Paul had a tragic childhood with the horrific violence the girl suffered. (Why? Who the fuck cares? His sentence should be longer based on this as he fucking knows how it feels....)

He said Paul grew up surrounded by addictions, abuse and violence.

"Given his tragic upbringing … it's no surprise to see Mr. Paul, at such a young age, before the court," Gardner said. "But the offences here are of unspeakable violence."

He was initially charged with kidnapping and attempted murder, but Crown prosecutor Jason Neustaeter dropped those charges.

Gardner recommended that Paul serve his time at the Bowden Institution near Innisfail, Alta., 30 kilometres south of Red Deer, out of fear for his safety.

Defence lawyer Arnold Piragoff requested that Paul go to Bowden, an open-campus style medium- and minimum-security prison, citing threats and harassment his client has suffered from other inmates in remand.

Gardner said the final decision on placement will be made by corrections authorities.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ar-prison-term-for-attack-on-girl-7-1.3540618

View attachment 84054

He wanted to kill this little girl and only got tens years.

The American justice system can be questionable at times, but Canada Like England just sucks for the victims.
100% agree. We have more shitty outcomes then I can count, but at least we don’t expect them. I’m totally shocked and delighted by any halfway decent sentence in ANY other country.
Bet the little fucker is out already.

Back