• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
whnt6a.jpg

Billy Jack Courtright

2aiedrn.jpg

Linda Courtright

NORTH PORT, FL -- A North Port teen's mother and step-father are facing child neglect charges in connection with the boy's death.

Officers found the body 15-year-old Nickolas Block inside a room at the Budget Motel, 14000 S. Tamiami Trail, at 10 am on Friday. Block was staying there with his family, detectives said.

There were no obvious signs of foul play, but his death does appear to be drug-related, according to detectives.

After conducting several interviews and finding physical evidence at the motel, detectives charged Linda and Billy Jack Courtright, both 35, with felony child neglect in connection with Block's death.

Billy Jack Courtright is also charged with distributing a controlled substance to a minor. His bond was set at $100,000. Linda Courtright's bond is set at $50,000.

The couple's other children were taken into DCF custody. The investigation is ongoing and other charges are possible.

Source

[...]
Police said they do not think that Nickolas was enrolled in school.

Other children in the Courtright family were turned over to the Florida Department of Children and Families.

Four people who came to the door at the Courtrights' Safford Terrace home on Sunday declined to comment on the case or give their names, but they did confirm they were relatives of Nickolas.

When asked if they would help get the Courtrights out of jail, one woman in the house said, "They can rot."

It was unclear what the Courtrights were doing in the Tamiami Trail motel, which is a half-mile from their home.

One hotel worker who declined to give her name Friday said the couple stayed there about once a month.

After Nickolas' body was found Friday, Linda Courtright was taken to Fawcett Memorial Hospital in Port Charlotte, where she was treated for an undisclosed medical emergency and released.

Court records show Billy Jack Courtright has been arrested nine times in Sarasota and Charlotte counties in the last decade on charges that include grand theft, resisting arrest, fleeing an officer, driving with a suspended license and drug possession.

His most recent arrest, before Sunday, was on May 26. He was charged with battery on a person older than 65 years old, possessing a controlled drug without a prescription and possessing drug paraphernalia. Those charges are still pending.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090622/ARTICLE/906221036/

The mother and stepfather of a North Port boy who died of an apparent overdose told investigators they had "partied" with the 15-year-old just before he died, an arrest affidavit states.

Linda and Billy Jack Courtright, both 35, are facing federal drug charges following the boy's death last week in room 107 of the Budget Inn Motel.

Police were summoned to the hotel about 10 a.m. June 19 and found Linda Courtright unconscious and her son, Nicholas Block, dead on a bed, the affidavit states.

The Courtrights' three other children, ages 10, 9 and 7, were also in the room. The children told deputies their father had left earlier to go to court. One of the children told authorities of seeing Nicholas and his parents go into the bathroom the night before and come out stumbling, the affidavit states.

While North Port police were still there, Billy Jack Courtright walked past but did not stop. A detective recognized him and questioned him.

According to the affidavit:

Courtright had a prescription bottle in his pocket for 210 pills of oxycodone that had been filled the day before. There were about 17 pills in the bottle.

Linda Courtright was taken to the hospital, where she told detectives she had crushed and snorted oxycodone from her own prescription. She said her son and husband chopped up their own pills and snorted them.

She told investigators her son had a hip problem and that a doctor had told her "Nicholas could not keep taking oxycodone because if he did, he would end up in the hospital or even worse."

Linda Courtright told detectives she went with her son the day before he died to get his final urinalysis and drug class for a marijuana charge.

A witness told detectives about seeing Nicholas asking Billy Jack Courtright for oxycodone pills.

Billy Jack Courtright denied giving Nicholas pills but told investigators his stepson "took a lot of my pills" and "almost OD'd before."

He also told investigators that he and his wife and stepson snorted pills together that night.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office has listed the preliminary cause of death as an overdose.
[...]
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jun/26/report-parents-partied-teen-apparent-overdose/

What a pathetic waste of space these people are. Probably fucked up the other kids lives. I hope they can at least get help and avoid this shit.

How this one ended

By ELAINE SILVESTRINI | The Tampa Tribune
Published: April 07, 2010
TAMPA --

A mother who gave her teenage son drugs that contributed to his fatal overdose pleaded guilty today to a drug distribution charge.

Linda Courtright, 36, faces 20 years to life in federal prison in the death of 15-year-old Nicholas Block. Her husband, Billy Jack Courtright, also is scheduled to plead guilty this month.

Link

But wait; there's more

/By ELAINE SILVESTRINI | The Tampa Tribune
Published: October 14, 2010
TAMPA --

The mother and stepfather of a 15-year-old boy who died of an overdose were sentenced today to 15 and 27 years in federal prison, respectively, for giving him the drugs that killed him.

Billy Jack Courtright said he was completely responsible for what happened to his stepson, Nicholas Block, and begged U.S. District Judge Susan Bucklew to have mercy on his wife, Linda.

"If it wasn't for me, none of this would have happened," he said. "That's the truth."

Courtright said he "practically made" his wife use cocaine. "Most of my life is just a blur," he said. "I was just a drug addict seeking anything I wanted."

[...]

The Courtrights were staying in the motel because Billy Jack Courtright had assaulted his father-in-law and was forbidden to return to the house. Nicholas was being raised by his mother's parents.

[...]

Another link

--Al

Im going to say it the simplest way i know how... Honestly with a name like Billy Jack do we expect a smart guy? Or do we expect a one toothed gas station attendant that can't stop scratching his balls in front of customers..Yea..I made my point.

Im going to say it the simplest way i know how... Honestly with a name like Billy Jack do we expect a smart guy? Or do we expect a one toothed gas station attendant that can't stop scratching his balls in front of customers..Yea..I made my point.
He wasn't that bad I would know.

You all suck you don't even understand you weren't there I was they weren't always bad and seeing this shit makes me hurt. Seeing yall judge them. Im one of the other kids. We are all fine not fucked up just normal.

If you @larrymc are one of the children that was there when Nick died you are not old enough to be here. You need to move on down the road, this thread is at least 6 years old and nobody has thought about this since then and then you brought it up.

@larrymc - first thing, you're comment on an old story, the people you've quoted aren't here anymore. Secondly, would you care to share your side? We don't all suck. We can only go by what is in the news at the time of the story. We are always interested in finding out more. Take care, sorry you found this and are hurting because of it.
Well they weren't always bad there was a time when they were good. They loved us they just made bad choices and sure at the time it hurt but it is making me better and i feel like sometime my siblings will feel the same. What happened didn't fuck us up it made us stronger and helped us learn from their mistakes. This made us see the world for what it really is. Sometimes you gotta look at how it helped more than how it hurt take it from me.

You all suck you don't even understand you weren't there I was they weren't always bad and seeing this shit makes me hurt. Seeing yall judge them. Im one of the other kids. We are all fine not fucked up just normal.
Well, yeah, you are fucked up...that clearly comes across in your cryptic writing.

And yeah, we are going to judge them. Because yeah, we can.

they just made bad choices

Wow what a stupid fucking thing to say. If you don't have anything of value to say, please leave. Thanks. This trash you've vomited out is meaningless, compeltely.

This made us see the world for what it really is.

If only you could see your parents for what they really are.

Im a girl btw

You prob shouldn't admit to that, there's certain users here COUGH rod2pop COUGH, who you prob don't want knowing such information.

BTW, although your dad is a fucking dumbass piece of trash, i have to agree that the old post comparing him to a gas station attendant is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy offbase and uncalled for. Clearly, there's no fucking way in hell your pops could ever hold a job even as a gas station attendant, the very notion of such a fantasy only serves to degrade the hard working folks pumping gas all over this great country. Shame on that guy.

Well they weren't always bad there was a time when they were good. They loved us they just made bad choices
Honey, I'm so sorry.

I understand, they are your parents, I have an addict for a mother, so I really get it with the bad choices. Our anger comes from what happened to your brother and isn't directed at you or your surviving siblings.

If you can take one thing from our anger, use it to be strong and show the world that you guys are fine even with this happening in your life. The best revenge against the people who don't believe in you, or you feel don't believe in you, is to show them how wrong they are.

BTW, although your dad is a fucking dumbass piece of trash, i have to agree that the old post comparing him to a gas station attendant is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy offbase and uncalled for. Clearly, there's no fucking way in hell your pops could ever hold a job even as a gas station attendant, the very notion of such a fantasy only serves to degrade the hard working folks pumping gas all over this great country. Shame on that guy.

This is soooo friggin hilarious :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
... your delivery is butter !!

Back