• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://nypost.com/2015/11/22/missing-mom-found-hanging-from-a-tree-near-her-home/

A Long Island woman reported missing last month was found hanging from a tree in the woods behind her house Saturday morning, according to her husband’s lawyer.

A hunter found Lilia Aucapina’s body hanging from a low branch behind her home in Sagaponack. She had been missing since Oct. 10.

The lawyer, Colin Astarita, called the 40-year-old mother of two’s death a suicide and said it wasn’t a “total shock.”

“They are all beside themselves at this point,” Astarita said of the woman’s family.

Aucapina’s estranged husband, Carlos R. Aucapina, 50, a self-employed carpenter, was hauled in for violating a protection order his estranged wife had against him but was later released.

Aucapina, a house cleaner, apparently hung herself hours after a dust-up with her husband, cops said. Aucapina got suspicious after he saw another man drive his wife to a parking lot in Wainscott on the morning of her disappearance.

Police in Southampton spent weeks canvassing her neighborhood looking for her but had no leads.

How extensive could they have searched if they found her in a tree, not hidden in a hole or under debris, near her house over a month later, must have been searching with blindfolds on.

Last edited:
If they were estranged, the situation was volatile enough that she had a restraining order against him, then who cares if he sees her with another man. Sounds like he shouldn't have been close enough to her to even see her. :confused:
That article is written oddly.

Did she live in the middle of butt fuck no where because the smell had to have been horrid to anyone in the area. I passed by a dead cat today with my windows up and could smell him. Bleh

Did she live in the middle of butt fuck no where because the smell had to have been horrid to anyone in the area. I passed by a dead cat today with my windows up and could smell him. Bleh
Last year the same thing happened around here with a teenage boy. He went missing only to be found two weeks later hanging from a tree on the family's land.

You get out into the country and the smell of decomp doesn't bother us, with bears and coyotes killing, hunters shooting and tracking and not finding what they shot it's a common smell for us. Especially this time of the year.

Last edited:
I agree about being in the country, you're always smelling something horrid but generally if it's that's bad and fairly near your house, you go out and look for it if only to bury it. A deer was hit near my house and the smell was indescribably bad, the neighbor boys drug it out in the woods and buried it so we (the neighborhood) could stop gagging.

Sometimes smell of decomposition is not that bad, especially in cold weather. The body rots slowly, the prevailing air current may go away from houses or waft around. A person doesn
't always smell it all the time, and in thick woods, it just doesn't travel that far. So it makes sense that they did not see or smell the body for a while.

Studies have been done. If the wind is blowing the opposite direction, you can be 10 feet away and not smell it.

Back