• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@Seven, omg, so dang cute.
I used to want a French bulldog so bad. The $$$ always prevented that.
I had names picked out for either sex.
A girl would be Mavis and a boy would be Fester.

@Seven, omg, so dang cute.
I used to want a French bulldog so bad. The $$$ always prevented that.
I had names picked out for either sex.
A girl would be Mavis and a boy would be Fester.
Thank you, Frenchies are definitely one of the most hilarious dogs I've ever seen. Mavis & Fester!!!! That's sooooo cute & fitting!!!
They're definitely on the expensive side- we found a breeder way out in the country but she was worth the drive & every penny.

Horses aren't exactly cheap, either! You definitely chose the more expensive of the two! Did you say your friend bought the one for the market rate of $75.00? Isn't that illegal in the states, horsemeat for consumption?

Did you say your friend bought the one for the market rate of $75.00? Isn't that illegal in the states, horsemeat for consumption?
Meat buyers buy in bulk and truck to canada and mexico.

I would rather have the slaughter houses back open than to see the horses shipped in over crowded trailers long distances only to have the same fate. I think canada is better than mexico but either way, they are shipped and its not an easy trip for these horses.

The meat buyers keep the auction prices a little higher. I have been to auction when no shippers have showed up and purchased horses for as little as $25.00
Yes, horses are very expensive. I used to bale my own hay so that helped. And did my own vaccinations but the cost alone for the vaccine was outrageous. <<~~ worth every penny, I had the time of my life when I was doing rescue and training. Never a dull moment! I'm tired now and have moved off my farm to my dads place in northern calif. I still own 2 of my horses. They are in Minnesota and I will be getting them moved here soon. Can't wait.

Wow, I had no idea...that's horrible to think of them traveling like that! But then I think of the slaughter houses videos I've seen & that's another world of heartache. :( Those poor babies.

$25.00!?! That's unreal!!! It would be so hard to resist getting them, at a price so low! That's got to be hard to see. :arghh: They're simply magnificent & seem to say so much with their eyes. So deep. I'm glad your two are coming to be where you are, especially in Cali!!! Perfect weather all year round!

It IS a lot of work though & those videos show how tenderly you care for them..it's really sweet. Sounds like you've earned your wings, for sure. Every now & then, I'll tune into watching animal rescues but there's only so much I can take, it's so upsetting. Signing petitions & supporting causes makes me feel a little bit better about it, but not much. I'd think actually rescuing animals would have my adrenaline going so much, I'd never get any sleep! That's SUCH an honorable thing to accomplish in one's life; you deserve a medal! :angelic:

Saw this beauty on a night out recently: <3

rhtilt.jpg

Last edited:
These aren't videos but I wanted to post some pictures of my pony because he is so damn cute. He loves to wear hats.

Sorry the pics are so big.

@Muriel Schwenck
I didn't know how to post pics on my wall.
Your pony is beautiful!
I thought I would share pics of my little ham.
imo-flash.jpg

Not sure why this one is so small.
7433_1193389084333_1516603150_52940.jpg

footballhead.jpg

flash-cool-dude.jpg

flashprincehat0001_copy.jpg

062.jpg

These aren't videos but I wanted to post some pictures of my pony because he is so damn cute. He loves to wear hats.
Sorry the pics are so big.
@Muriel Schwenck
I didn't know how to post pics on my wall.
Your pony is beautiful!
I thought I would share pics of my little ham.
Thanks do much for posting. I love ponies, very under appreciated. I had a little black Shetland named Cookie. She had four white socks and was very smart.

I could not post a photo of my mare, but here she is in her Santa hat. http://crochetedlace.blogspot.com/2010/12/merry-christmas.html
And here is a draft pony I would love to have. He's all front, very cobby.

This one had me dying at work. I love how regal and noble he looks. Like, "fuck yeah, bitch, I'm a PRINCESS!!!"

The proud stance and chin held high is my everything right now. :D
I swear to the gods that damn pony poses. Just start snapping pictures and he stops and poses.

Good thing he doesn't have a thumb, he would be snapping selfies every minute.

And here is a draft pony I would love to have. He's all front, very cobby.

I couldn't find a picture but he looks su much like one of my rescues.
I named him thistle.

He was appy and foxtrotter both parents were appy/ foxtrotter crosses. The owners lost their farm and put all their horses at a friends place. They got out and were hit by car on a highway thistle was not hurt bit mom was killed. They swore he was 5 months old when I took him. No way, more like 2 months. Another old mare I had ended up taking him in. She even produced milk for him. Pretty amazing since she hadn't had any babies in 8 years. But she became his mom.
He matured to a 13hh stocky tank.
He's a nice cart pony now.

I can't be the only one here who makes stupid videos of their pets. And I loves me some stupid pet videos, so here are some for you of my critters and I demand many videos in return. Even though this subforum gets no real love and I will probably be doing this for naught but my "Look at my doggies and such!" impulse.

I'll try to at least keep to the more entertaining ones, though my definition of entertaining may differ from yours.

First off we have Ren Vs Snowshovel. Which is inaccurately named as it's not the snow shovel itself that he is not happy with, but the fact that snow is not being shovelled in a place with enough for him to jump for. So he keeps dragging it back to where there is more snow, dropping it and until The Princess comes to retrieve it to finish shovelling the walkway. Rinse and repeat.

And Ren doing a small portion of his Butt Scratch Dance:

i also have related videos just click..

Thank you, Muriel. Zenyatta had an incredible career and it's good to see her relaxing. I don't know much about gophers as I've never seen any here. Fierce little bastard. <3

Back