• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
it's one of Peter Jackson's first films.

It's his all time best movie and one of the greatest movies of all time In my top 10 for sure, possibly top 5. It's hard to find a movie that's a bigger blast to watch. Fucking incredible.

I believe it still holds the record for most fake blood used, could be wrong on that now though.

I need to check out Bad Taste, heard good things.

Meet the Feebles isn't horror, but it's worth checking out too. Disgustingly crude spoof of the Muppets, pretty funny stuff. It's amazing knowing the guy who made something this bizarre and gross is now one of the biggest big shots in the world of filmmaking.

@JackBurton Meet the Feebles is something I will never get out of my head! As soon as I read the title in your post, the tune appeared in my brain. At college, my friends and I loved showing that film to people who hadn't seen it before. Just to see their reaction.

Just saw the Green Inferno... wait for it on video.. first hour was a useless lead up to the last 45 mins which were ehhh... couple ok deaths but nothing amazing at all.. kinda dissapointed - they made it in hopes that cannabalism was enough to carry it... it wasn't... boo

I saw it on Saturday and it turned out exactly as I expected -- boring. Looked good, though.

yeah I had a feeling it wasn't going to be amazing.. but it did look good or at least like it woulda been MUCH better than it turned out to be.. It took all I had in me NOT to fall asleep while waiting to get to the action.

I watched The Possesion (2012) last night: It was actually pretty good. Kind of the same old story with anyone possessed and needing an exorcism. Only real twist was that it was Jewish instead of Catholic. Little girl buys a Dybbuk box at a yard sale. (Dybbuk (hebrew) is a restless, usually malicious spirit believed to be able to haunt n even possess the living) She gets possessed. But it had really good acting and they did good making a story line out of it... her parents are recently divorced, dad just bought a new house - she is going through a lot so this explains her weird behaviors at first. All in all if you like those types of movies this one was worth giving a watch IMO. The little girl in the movie was a really good little actress, she came across as really sweet n innocent and then played creepy chick really good as well. (It's a Sam Raimi movie, which may have helped too)

Last edited:
I watched 'seasoning house" on sunday it was VERY violent but i liked it pretty good movie, I watched it on netflix. Here is a trailer::::

@JackBurton Meet the Feebles is something I will never get out of my head! As soon as I read the title in your post, the tune appeared in my brain. At college, my friends and I loved showing that film to people who hadn't seen it before. Just to see their reaction.
the movie is on youtube Ive never seen it but im going to check it out, here it is

So last night I watched A Darker Reality. Not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Its total torture, gory deal. Girls tortured and held in captivity by a crazed Daniel Baldwin, he has mommy issues and a mentally handy capped brother who helps him. There are 2 cops who cant act for shit working on the case. And a girl who escaped who is talking to the cops. It bounces around between the girls being tortured, the cops and the girl who got away. There are some great torture scenes in it if you can get past the bad acting and horrible plot line when it comes to the "investigation". The girls being tortured did pretty good with their acting, as did the girl who got away. I think the writers thought they threw a little twist in for the ending, but it was a lame one.. and the movie ends really quick. If you like the torture genre it may be worth a watch to you.

I watched "Housebound" recently too, it was made in New Zealand i thought it was a really good horror flick. Its on netflix also here s the trailer

why is this thread so quiet :dead: its the 13th... and no one has commented since the first... Is everyone writting somewhere else about what movies they are watching etc... did I miss something... @Morbid ...? anyone??

You didn't miss anything, I just haven't been posting. This thread doesn't get the activity it used to back in the day (when the majority of our members came from a horror site). But here is a quick rundown of the horror I have watched so far.

A Christmas Horror Story - Liked it
Cooties - Meh
Dark Was The Night - Loved it until the reveal at the end, now I just like it
Deathgasm - Loved it
Dollface - Stupid
End of the Line - Loved it
Gravy - Liked it
I Spit on Your Grave 3 - Stupid
Sweatshop - Dumb and fun (gory as fuck)
The Editor - Loved it
The Falling - I could barely stay awake through it
The Final Girls - Really liked it
The Houses October Built - Very Disappointing
Turbo Kid - Really liked it
Uncle John - Loved it (although not really horror)

I knew there wouldnt be a TON of activity but there were a few people that seemed like they were on board, lol Didnt expect it to be this dead (I know your super busy so wasnt calling you out per say <3) Just figured if I was looking in the wrong spot you would be the guy to call me out for being dumb n missing something and send me in the right direction, ha ha

= Meet the Feebles is something I will never get out of my head! As soon as I read the title in your post, the tune appeared in my brain. At college, my friends and I loved showing that film to people who hadn't seen it before. Just to see their reaction.
I showed Josh the trailer for Meet the Feebles, I'm trying to convince him to watch it.

In other news, I've watched 3? New horrors that I have not seen before.

I'll be damned if I can recall the name of the first one, but it reminded me a bit of The Others. It follows a day in the life of a family who do not realize they're dead, only the daughter realizes something is wrong. I've tried finding it online, but of course I cannot, probably because it's Canadian. I wonder if my on demand still has it... I'd look now, but I'll fucked if I can find my tv remote.

I wouldn't say it was bad, the story itself was sort of intriguing even if it's been done before, but I don't think the fleshed it out nearly as well as they could have. It's like they came up with a good idea, but couldn't translate it properly to film. Still, worth watching imho.

The next was Brain Dead; the one that @ScarlettHarlot posted above. It was campy as fuck and hilarious, ludicrous and ridiculous and great, if you're into that type of horror. Which I am...

And the last new one I watched was Daughters of Darkness from 1971.

It's a vampire movie that uses subtlety to convey it's theme, no one comes right out and says "vampire" very little violence is shown, nor murder, any deaths that took place on screen were accident. I probably wouldn't call it scary, but it too was watch-able, better than the first movie I watched and too different of a style to compare to Brain Dead. It was.. smooth, classy.

And I just finished watching Maximum Overdrive, which while I realize is a shitty movie, I still find entertaining even though I spend most of it bitching about it. One of my childhood nightmares was cars and trucks coming to life and driving through my house and chasing me down, so that plus me love of Stephen Kings holds MO dearer to me than it should be.

I want to watch Shocker again, if I can find it. Because that shit is so bad it's hilarious. Just so... so bad.

I plan on finally watching Suspiria and Fulcis Zombie soon, got links to both all loaded up and read to go. Don't know how i've gone so long without seeing em.

On the subject of Fulci, The Beyond is a must see, if anyone hasn't. The whole movie feels like you're watching somebodys bizarre nightmare, especially that ending, holy shit. And on the subject of horror movies with "beyond" in the title, From Beyond is also a must see, one of the greatest monster movies ever and perhaps the KING of gooey, messy, melting, mutating 80s gore/creature effects. They fucking don't make em like that anymore. Jeffrey Combs puts on a fucking acting clinic on how to effectively do camp without it feeling forced or TOO cheesy, guy is a god damn genius i don't care what anybody or his B-movie filmography says. I'd provide a trailer but they show too much. The "holy fuck what the hell am i seeing!" effect of the creature designs is farrrr more effective going into it blind. BRILLIANT movie.

And as far as absurd, over the top goofball "horror" comedy flicks go, i gave the shameful slop masterpiece Poultrygeist a viewing not too long ago...

Fucking hilarious. Most of Troma's shit is unbearable, you watch the bulk of their movies more as some weird act of rebellion against all that is good and right in the world rather than out of some desire for genuinely solid, satisfying entertainment. But this, this worked. It certainly had it's farrrr too juvenile moments, much of it was too cheesy or too forced, but the bulk of it was gutbustingly hilarious and the production value was impressive, some legit pleasing special effects and gore, and i don't think toilet humor has ever had more effort put into it.

I was a bit put off initially as it becomes apparent it's got frequent musical numbers, but 20 seconds into the first one i was surprisingly okay with it, cuz they're fucking hilarious. It's no surprise the South Park guys originally were going to be a part of this(think it was just an intended scene cameo), as the comedy is more on the level of a reallly, really, really dimwitted and over the top grossout South Park episode than the usual near zero redeeming quality having Troma fare. Surprisingly quality flick.

Oh and in case anyone wasn't in the know, this is going to start sometime soon(i heard halloween)....

I can't believe it's FINALLY being continued, and i can't fucking believe it actually looks this good? And lucy lawless!?!?!? It's just too fucking much!!!!

Last edited:
So I have this on the agenda for tomorrow:

It's on netflix if anyone else wants to watch with me.

I wish I could find the first one just because my brain wants to watch shit in order.:shifty:

And I am so SO looking forward to Ash VS Evil Dead

So I have this on the agenda for tomorrow:

It's on netflix if anyone else wants to watch with me.

I wish I could find the first one just because my brain wants to watch shit in order.:shifty:

And I am so SO looking forward to Ash VS Evil Dead

I saw Dead Snow YEAAARS ago. I don't remember a whole hell of a lot about it anymore, but I enjoyed it. There was one guy who kept making American pop culture references which was the only bit not subtitled, that was amusing.

However, my vote for awesome zombie(esque) nazis has to be Outpost. The original one, with Ray Stevenson. I haven't seen any of the remake/sequels and don't intend to. I was going to post the trailer, but honestly I think it shows way too much of the plot.

I bought the DVD from Amazon forever ago while researching Ray Stevenson roles (loved him in Rome, etc) and stumbled upon Outpost. Went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Highly recommend if you ever get a chance to see it... And added bonus, it's in English too. :)

ETA well never mind, apparently Dead Snow Red vs Dead is in English too lol. Just watched the trailer you posted. Should've done that first I suppose.

Last edited:
I watched It Follows yesterday. Great film.

Today I'm watching Housebound, a New Zealand flick. New Zealand and Australian horror is getting so good. I've only started Housebound, but fantastic dark humour, loving every minute so far.

I watched It Follows yesterday. Great film.

Today I'm watching Housebound, a New Zealand flick. New Zealand and Australian horror is getting so good. I've only started Housebound, but fantastic dark humour, loving every minute so far.
i posted a trailer for housebound a page or 2 back, I really liked it too. i am going to watch saving grace it was on the horror list on amazon prime, I got a free membership for 30 days I think it is.

Last edited:
Back