• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
I didn't feel like googling his name.

So, is anybody else excited for this movie? I know he gets a lot of shit for some of his past movies but the ones I can think of, I really liked and not just The Sixth Sense.

Signs
The Happening
Devil
The Village

I liked all of them, am I really in the minority here?

Regardless, I am taking my kid to see The Visit tonight and I will report back!

I didn't feel like googling his name.

So, is anybody else excited for this movie? I know he gets a lot of shit for some of his past movies but the ones I can think of, I really liked and not just The Sixth Sense.

Signs
The Happening
Devil
The Village

I liked all of them, am I really in the minority here?

Regardless, I am taking my kid to see The Visit tonight and I will report back!

I want to see it. My Mom and I have been going back and forth theorizing about what is going on with the grandparents and trying to decide what it is before we even go see it. Please do report back and let us know if it's worth the price of admission, or if it's a rental only movie.

that commercial has been freaking me out - it looks SO good - cant wait to hear how it is... I go back n forth on him, I tend to like his movies but feel like a few just end... or end funny?

Aside from Sixth Sense and Unbreakable (and parts of Signs) his movie are just fucking terrible. Although I will give him credit - The Happening is one of the funniest movies ever made.

All of his other films you listed I thought were rubbish and highly disappointing, but I'm intrigued enough by the trailer to watch The Visit. I haven't been to the cinema in a long while, but thinking I might see Everest at the cinema, and The Visit online or something.

The Happening was awesome just for the guy commiting suicide via lion!!!!

So, The Visit was very cool imo, had a pretty fucked up twist and made me scream at least 2x.

ETA: you could watch it on demand though, if you're really not too into his stuff.

Last edited:
You guys really liked The Village? I thought it was a great concept, but terribly executed. One of the most disappointing films I've seen.

The Village was garbage as is The Vist IMO. M. Night Shamalamadingdong always tries to add that twist. It always takes an otherwise interesting movie and makes me go "pswah....whatever"

Reminds me of this from the South Park Imaginationland episode:

Military Leader: We need you, M. Night Shyamalan, to come up with ideas to stop the terrorists.
M. Night Shyamalan: What if it turns out, that they aren't terrorists, but that they are werewolves, from the future?
Military Leader: No, they are terrorists, they've been linked to Al Qaeda.
M. Night Shyamalan: But what if Al Qaeda is the group terrorized, by aliens?
Military Leader: That's not an idea, that's a twist. We need ideas.
M. Night Shyamalan: How about, that we make everyone believe that we are being terrorized, but really, we were already dead.

Back