• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
JASPER, Mo. (AP) — A 13-year-old boy deliberately shot and killed a 12-year-old girl outside a foster home in rural southwest Missouri where they both lived using a gun he had taken from the house, the local sheriff said Friday.

Officers tried to revive the girl, Teresa J. Potts, but she died Thursday evening near the town of Jasper, which is about 130 miles south of Kansas City, Jasper County Sheriff Randee Kaiser said.

Kaiser said the boy ran into the nearby woods after shooting the girl and he was arrested there. He is being held by the Jasper County Juvenile Office, Kaiser said at a news conference in nearby Carthage, adding that the boy is expected to be charged in the shooting soon. The sheriff's comments were reported by The Joplin Globe and Springfield, Mo. TV Station KY3.

"It was not a situation where they were playing. It does not appear to be a situation where it was an accident," Kaiser said.

Kaiser said both of the children lived at the foster home. The father was at home at the time of the shooting. Kaiser declined to describe the relationship between the two children.

Rebecca Woelfel, spokeswoman for the Missouri Department of Social Services, declined to comment on the case, citing confidentiality rules under Missouri law.

The sheriff said investigators believe the boy took the gun from the home, but he gave no further details on the weapon or how many times the girl was shot.

"There was more than one weapon missing at the time of search. All of those weapons have been recovered," he said.

The boy was an 8th grader and the girl in 7th grade in the Jasper School District, Kaiser said. A crisis team was available to help students on Friday, Superintendent Rick Stark said in a statement.

"We are all upset and still in shock right now," said Stark, who added no further information would be released.
http://news.yahoo.com/13-old-boy-accused-fatal-shooting-12year-old-171217048.html

Jesus. Another one. I'm sad to say I just can't even be shocked anymore. I am sad however.

When will people learn to lock up their guns around children? Is that not a requirement for foster parents in Missouri like it is in other states? If not, maybe this will make them change their requirements. The fact that multiple guns were missing sure makes it seem like those guns were just left all around and not looked after by the adults.

I would like to see the foster parents charged with something. Its one thing to leave guns around your own children. But when a foster child is entrusted into their care, they had a duty to take reasonable safeguards to keep those children safe from harm. Now 2 children have been harmed in a big way. One dead and the other facing murder charges.

A 13-year-old boy deliberately shot and killed a 12-year-old girl outside a foster home in rural southwest Missouri where they both lived using a gun he had taken from the house, the local sheriff said Friday ... "There was more than one weapon missing at the time of search. All of those weapons have been recovered," he said.

I would like to see the foster parents charged with something. Its one thing to leave guns around your own children. But when a foster child is entrusted into their care, they had a duty to take reasonable safeguards to keep those children safe from harm. Now 2 children have been harmed in a big way. One dead and the other facing murder charges.
I agree completely! Especially since a lot of these children are troubled and came from violent situations. It's just sad. A bunch of these kids are mad at the world, and rightfully so, so I don't understand foster parents having weapons in the house and accessible.

I am very pro-gun ownership and have never locked my guns up simply because I have children, but have always locked them when other people's children are at my house. To me that is common sense because I know what I have taught MY children, I don't know what you have taught yours.

Seems like that very simple principle should come into play when you have foster children who, while you are raising them, are not your children, you don't know what they have been taught and exposed to before they came into your care.

But there I go again thinking common sense is common.:shrug: Clearly it isn't.

@CbabyRKO

Mar 27, 2017

Circuit Judge David Mouton assessed 15-year-old Tristan Potts 25 years in prison Monday for the murder of his 12-year-old sister and assigned him to the state's dual jurisdiction program for young offenders.

The defendant was 13 years old on Oct. 8, 2015, when he fatally shot his sister, Teresa "Tressa" Potts, in the front yard of their adoptive parents' home on Placid Road near Jasper.

The teen, who was certified to stand trial as an adult, pleaded guilty Dec. 16 to second-degree murder, armed criminal action and attempted arson in a plea deal. In addition to the 25-year sentence for murder, the judge imposed concurrent terms of 15 years for armed criminal action and seven years for attempted arson.

In assigning Potts to the program at Monday's sentencing hearing, Mouton imposed three special conditions. The judge ordered that the teen must show a genuine commitment to participate in the program, accept any restrictions imposed on him and not pose a threat to the safety of others involved in the program.

The boy shot his sister in the head and shoulder shortly after arriving home on a school bus and fled into some woods after the shooting. His father, Bill Potts, reported hearing shots fired as he approached the residence looking for his daughter.

The teen was believed to have been preparing to set the family's home on fire and run off to Georgia. He had been in contact through Facebook with a girl in Georgia, and he created lists of supplies that he would need to make the trip and things to do before he left that were discovered in his bedroom and in his locker at school.

Investigators found black gunpowder strewn throughout the interior of the family's residence and about 500 rounds of .22-caliber ammunition in two skillets in the kitchen. Two handguns, including a .22-caliber weapon, had been taken from his father's gun cabinet.

An autopsy determined the girl was shot with a .22-caliber gun. Her brother tested positive for gunshot residue on his hands.

'Socially immature'

A psychologist who tested and interviewed Tristan Potts after he killed his sister testified at his adult certification hearing a year ago that he was socially immature, with low self-esteem and feelings that he is not liked by others. The psychologist also found him to be particularly angry with his adoptive family.
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...cle_ce22313e-a6bf-59ec-89ac-4a9ef41cdfbe.html

sibling-murder-tout.png

He thought he was not liked by others before?
Well he is really gonna hate how the world sees him now.

Little murderous prick drip.
Wonder if he was trying to make time with his foster sis and that blew up in his face.
Dead-eyed idiot.

Latest posts

Back