• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Of all the sick & twisted tales I have read on this site and elsewhere...I think this is the most unfuckingbelieveable story I've ever encountered.

not sure whether to comment in this thread or the one y'all are gonna make on it.. but the catfished story makes me wonder whether this old f*** (not sure if we can swear here ^^) was being given nude photos. Hate to say it, but for a man to turn that obsessive? There has to be some nudage given.. truly hoping it wasn't full body pictures, so that they could at least say that it was random pics on google. Otherwise, that's a disturbing thought, specially as it pictures of their daughter.

Damn, i blame all of you guys for my mind wondering that... -.- corruptin mai innocence! :p <3

Obviously @Jeania you need to spend a bit of time reading other threads and posts, there be cussin' here! Alot of cussin'. Go ahead, enjoy and cuss a bit.

lol i read some of it; but i'm more of a lurker who comes out of the shadows now and then ^^ But hadn't paid attention to that aspect as most of my friends curse and it just becomes normal to read (doesn't stand out ^^)

aaaand i'm an idiot; just read the bottom part of the link.. that's some messed up stuff there :|

Last edited:
The jury in the Potter double-murder trial has reached guilty verdicts on all counts: both Jenelle and Barbara Potter guilty of two counts of first-degree murder. Click here for Tennessee sentencing guidelines.

Both also guilty of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. Barbara Potter also guilty of tampering with evidence.

Both will serve life in prison. A sentencing hearing will be held June 17th to decide whether the sentences will be served consecutively or concurrently.

35-year-old Jenelle Potter and her mother 64-year-old Barbara Potter were on trial for the first-degree murders of 36-year-old Billy Payne, Jr., and 23-year-old Billie Jean Hayworth in the couple’s home in 2012. They were shot to death and their 7-month-old son Tyler was found in his mother's arms.

Authorities say the convicted shooter -- Marvin "Buddy" Potter, who is husband and father of the defendants -- was taking revenge against the couple for "un-friending" Jenelle on Facebook. He is serving two life sentences in prison. Monday, assistant D.A. Brooks had said Marvin Potter killed the couple to keep Jenelle out of danger because he believed she was being threatened.

The major prosecution witness was Jamie Lynn Curd, who is Jenelle Potter's ex-boyfriend. He was supposed to be the third defendant in this case. Just before the trial, he made a plea deal and got 25 years in prison.

Curd described the evening and morning leading up the murders. He says Marvin Potter picked up Curd and parked in a church parking lot, feet from the victims’ home. Marvin gave Curd a gun and told him to follow him into the home. Once inside, Marvin went into Billy Payne Jr.'s bedroom and shot him. Moments later, he walked out and into the room Billie Jean Hayworth was in and did the same. Curd said he never shot the gun.

The defense never cross-examined Curd.

Earlier, Jenelle Potter's lawyer Cameron Hyder asked Jenelle's older sister, Christie Groover, about the need to protect Jenelle. Groover said she never felt she needed to protect Jenelle because her sister always had their parents to go to. When she had a problem, they took care of it.

Also, the defense had cross-examined the validity of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's findings after drugs were found in the home of victims Bill Payne, Jr., and Billie Jean Hayworth. The prosecution countered that drugs had nothing to do with this case because autopsy reports showed no drugs were found in neither Hayworth's nor Payne's systems.

TBI agent Scott Lott showed pictures and 207 emails recovered from the Potters’ computer. Jury members were each given a copy of the emails to review, to show the Potter women conspired to murder. Some phone conversations were also played. The defense asked why only specific emails and texts were pulled and analyzed, rather than all of them. They also tried to show it was possible Jamie Lynn Curd could’ve written and sent those emails from the Potters’ computer.

Johnson County's chief deputy Joe Woodard told the jury that during the investigation, he found Barbara Potter tearing up emails and pictures. That's why she was charged with tampering of evidence and Jenelle is not.

Near the end of its case, the prosecution questioned other witnesses, focusing mainly on how Jenelle Potter friended all of them on Facebook, and then accused them all of stalking and harassing her.
http://m.wcyb.com/news/breaking-verdict-in-potter-doublemurder-trial/32961718

oh my goodness :wtf:, crazy fucking people that bitch and her mother must have some real self esteem issues I guess I would too if I were that damn ugly heres a pic I found they wouldnt show their face in the video, hope you have a shitty life in prison fuckers!
2501ce3bf620b0a8fb939efc46c95612.jpg

Fucking Facebook, ruins relationships and lives. Death to Facebook!!! Just go to your highschool/college reunion instead. I don't need no new friends anyway...

I

I deleted my account 2 years ago. Too many random men trying to be my "friend". Use my daughter's account to get the Candy Crush goodies. I love that game!
Yes, I got tired of someone seeing a picture of me on someone else's feed and sending me a friend request complete with the "hey baby, what you up to" message.:banghead: Usually saw a picture of me with my husband, should be a pretty good clue that I'm NOT interested.:stop::facepalm:

I use my son's FB to look at various FB pages posted here of the "stars" of some of these threads.

This is sad and just ridiculous.
I guess I should be glad I haven't been shanked for telling tons of people to eat shit on F.B. :finger:
..... Some people take that way to seriously so it seems... YIKES!!!

W. T. F. :eek: This bitch ENRAGED me!!!! :mad::punch::rage: What kind of sick freak does something like that? Oh, wait a tick, probably the same kind of sick freak that was raised by another sick freak of a father who would act on her completely nutso lies with murder. The level of crazy here is just off the damn charts! I hope this bitch gets an even harsher sentence than the killers!!!!

Kinda reminds me of this story. Never quite got this one out of my head. It's old and sadly the lady at the heart of the lies got off scott free. :mad: I couldn't find it on DD, so here's an outside link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...riangle-left-man-shot-dead-jealous-rival.html
my part of the woods

What the hell seriously! I hope there is a better motive than just being" unfriended" my god such ridiculousness...social media isnt reality you fucked up insufferable bastards! Their poor baby bless his heart❤

W. T. F. :eek: This bitch ENRAGED me!!!! :mad::punch::rage: What kind of sick freak does something like that? Oh, wait a tick, probably the same kind of sick freak that was raised by another sick freak of a father who would act on her completely nutso lies with murder. The level of crazy here is just off the damn charts! I hope this bitch gets an even harsher sentence than the killers!!!!

Kinda reminds me of this story. Never quite got this one out of my head. It's old and sadly the lady at the heart of the lies got off scott free. :mad: I couldn't find it on DD, so here's an outside link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...riangle-left-man-shot-dead-jealous-rival.html
There's a documentary on Netflix about that case. I think it's called "Tall Hot Blonde", or something like that.

It was facebook...but it could of been anything that challenged this girls ego and all that lies daddy told her in her bedroom. Because you just know that Dads that will murdered people for unfriending their "perfect little girl" is also the dad that is fucking her.

There's a documentary on Netflix about that case. I think it's called "Tall Hot Blonde", or something like that.
Yup you're right--I saw it a while back. It was hard to believe that fake facebook personas could lead to real life murder-- and now here it is again in this case! So senseless & so sad!

I have a couple facebook accounts, all fake names and photos. Say what you wil labout catfishing, but it is fun as shit, try everybody should try it at least once.

I

I deleted my account 2 years ago. Too many random men trying to be my "friend". Use my daughter's account to get the Candy Crush goodies. I love that game!

My fb is 90% family and since I live out of state, I use it mostly to keep up to date with their lives.. The lazy way..
I did get some random guy that is friends with a family member message me.. After a couple of unimportant comments back and forth, he says you look really good in your picture.. I said ..lol you are aware that my fb pic is me 23 years ago... He never answered back ..lmao.... People are idiots ..

Now for these idiots.. I've always been that mom who gets a lil to involved in my kids life ..BUT these people are way over the top ..they are definitely related .. With the same mental defects..

Y'all just reminded me...I forgot for about a year that I HAD fb.
AAAAND! That ole lady looks like she could chew pig iron and spit ten-penny nails.

The younger female hominid has those dead eyes...looks to me like she's wondering what you'd look like skinned and set on fire.

Grandpa there looks like a doofus.

I hate all three of them.

I didn't know that Jenelle's boyfriend at the time of the murders was related to the guy who was killed. What the hell dude? This was your family. 25yrs is a gift for what he did.
I can't wait to watch this on 20/20
Jenelle Potter was a sheltered young woman.

Potter lived most of her adult life on social media. But when an online feud erupted, two of her former friends were found murdered in thein a mystery that involved a supposed CIA agent, cyber bullying and a small Tennessee town, read below to see what led to the coldblooded murders.r home while their baby survived.

Jenelle Potter, pictured above, said she had trouble making friends when she moved to Mountain City, Tennessee, in 2005.

“’Cause I wasn’t born and raised here. I didn’t grow up here,” Potter, 34, told “20/20.” “People here do not like outsiders.”

Because of health problems, including Type 1 diabetes, Potter spent most of her time living at home with her parents, who cared for her every day. She didn’t have a job or drive a car.

Potter’s mother Barbara Potter had a job withHewlett-Packard, and her father Marvin Potter, known as Buddy, was a former marine who served in Vietnam. His wife told “20/20” he later worked with the CIA.

Jenelle’s sister Christie Groover, who’s been estranged from the family for a decade, said Jenelle struggled to make friends growing up.

“Instead of being herself, my parents tried to make her fit in. They also, in the same breath, would say how different she was, and then [she] became unable to make friends normally,” Groover told “20/20.”Social media became Jenelle’s life support, though she said her parents monitored her Facebook page.

One day while picking up prescriptions, Jenelle befriended pharmacy clerk Tracy Greenwell.

“We felt sorry for Jenelle because she was sheltered and sick and stuff,” Greenwell told “20/20.”

Jenelle spent time with Greenwell and her friends, including Greenwell’s brother Billy Payne.

“Everybody says she fell in love with Bill, but I still don’t see that,” said Greenwell.

Greenwell introduced Jenelle to her cousin Jamie Curd, who is handy with computers. The two became an item, with Jenelle hiding her relationship from her strict parents.

From time to time, Curd would visit the Potter house to fix the family computer. But behind her parents’ backs, Jenelle and Curd would secretly spend time together.

Jenelle Receives Anonymous Threats

While it seemed that Jenelle’s social life was finally blooming, she was being relentlessly bullied online with anonymous comments appearing on her Facebook page.

“I was a bad person. I was horrible. [They] threatened to get [me] raped,” Jenelle said.

“I remember I wrote, ‘Please do not write on Jenelle’s Facebook.’ I begged them. ‘Please don’t do this,’” Jenelle’s mom Barbara said.

Jenelle said one of her Facebook friends, Billie Jean Hayworth, was the one behind the attacks because Hayworth was jealous of her looks.

Hayworth was dating Billy Payne, and the couple lived together with their infant son.

A feud erupted on social media with Curd, Payne’s cousin, taking Jenelle’s side.

“[Jenelle said] she wished that Bill and Billie Jean and that damn baby would die. When I read this, I was devastated,” Lindsay Thomas, a friend of Hayworth and Payne, told “20/20.”

“[Jenelle] was always saying that somebody was mad at her. Somebody hated her. Somebody wanted to kill her,” Greenwell said. “She was paranoid about it.”

But Jenelle said there were real threats of violence against her. In one incident, police photographed a rock, pictured above, that was found in the Potters’ front yard with the names Billy Payne and Billie Jean written on it.

Eventually both sides deleted each other as friends on Facebook.

“I think that we did it to each other. I unfriended them. They unfriended me,” Jenelle said. “I did Bill first and then I think Billie did me. And I unfriended her.”

Jenelle’s Former Friends Are Found Murdered

On Jan. 31, 2012, a friend of Payne and Hayworth found them dead by single gunshots to their faces.

Payne’s throat had also been slashed as he lay in bed, and Billie Jean had been cradling their baby in her arms when she died. The 7-month-old boy survived unharmed.

“It takes a cold-blooded person to shoot someone holding a baby,” Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Scott Lott told “20/20.”

The day after the murders, Chief Deputy Joe Woodard of the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department, talked to Jenelle, Barbara and Marvin at their home, which they recorded.

“Because we knew that they had trouble with [Hayworth and Payne],” Woodard told “20/20.”

During the interview, Jenelle appeared to be hiding her romantic relationship with Curd from her parents. Later that week, authorities brought Curd in and asked him to take a polygraph test, which indicated he lied about knowing the identity of Payne and Hayworth’s killer.

“Jamie in the interview had said something to the effect of, ‘Is the CIA here?’ That was a very strange question to me,” Lott said.

In a major breakthrough, Curd told detectives he’d been texting with a man named Chris who told him he was in the CIA and that it was his job to protect Jenelle at all costs.

After being at the interrogation for nearly six hours, Curd told police Jenelle’s dad Marvin killed Hayworth and Payne.

“I didn't truly believe that Buddy Potter was capable of doing this,” Lott said. “Because Buddy did have some health issues.”

Detectives had Curd call Marvin to get a confession on tape. Police later moved in and arrested Marvin in a pre-dawn raid in February 2012.

While being questioned by detectives, Marvin said, “Ever since all this crap started, I’ve had my life threatened. My wife has been threatened. They’ve threatened to take Jenelle, cut her head off.”

Agent Lott then arranged for Marvin to call his wife Barbara. “He told Barbara, ‘I did it.’ That's as close to a confession as we got from him,” said Lott.

But Barbara, pictured above with Marvin, didn’t accept her husband’s supposed confession of guilt.

“When they took him, they took no oxygen. They took no medication. And they interviewed him for hours,” Barbara told “20/20.” “When his oxygen gets low, he says things that don’t make sense or are incorrect.”

Jenelle and Her Family Are Investigated for the Murders

While Marvin was being questioned, police executed a search warrant on the Potter house.

Chief Deputy Woodard said investigators found an “arsenal” of weapons around the home though none matched the murder weapon. They also discovered printed photos of the victim and her friends in the living room. At one point, Barbara ripped the photos that were found in what seemed to be an attempt to hide them from police.

Authorities seized 51 items from the house, including their family computer. When they impounded Marvin’s truck, they found bags of shredded documents, pictured above.

An agent meticulously reconstructed more than 100 pages of what appeared to be thousands of emails sent to the Potter family.

“After combing through them, it appeared there was some type of conspiracy here. They kept referring to a guy Chris that’s supposedly a CIA operative or something,” special agent Lott said.

The CIA agent “Chris” had apparently been corresponding with Barbara and warning her about threats to her daughter’s life.

“He was watching these people that he said were harassing her on the computer and calling her. And when she would go out with her dad, he said they were watching them together,” Barbara said. “He said he couldn’t use his real name, his real identity.”

Police also honed in on Jenelle and Curd’s text messages with each other the morning of the murders.

“[The text messages were] very telling about Jenelle being involved in the preparation for the killing,” prosecutor Dennis Brooks told “20/20.”

And on the Potters’ computer, police analysis found that hundreds of emails sent from the CIA agent Chris all came from the same IP address as the home where the Potters lived. Brooks believes Jenelle was pretending to be Chris.

“Social media allowed Jenelle Potter to be someone that she wasn’t … She invented Chris. She could assume a different identity and be as hateful as she wanted to be,” Brooks said.

Prosecutors believe Jenelle used the false identity to fool her parents and to goad Marvin into the killing.

“She was feeding Barbara’s delusions, so Barbara ignores the signs that something is amiss here.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/social-m...ee-couple-173005564--abc-news-topstories.html

If I don't know you in real life and have not personally hugged you your not my friend. This peeves my husbands work friends who feel they should automatically be my Facebook pal because they see my husband daily. I don't know you so why do you get unsolicited access to my life?

Back