• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A father and mother have been arrested for child endangerment after leaving their three young children in a locked car. The three children ranged from approximately ages six to ten years of age. This incident occurred on Lock 17 Road near Gaswell Road.

When deputies first arrived on the scene, they convinced the children to unlock to door where they could better communicate with them. Although appearing frightened, they did unlock the door to talk to police. It was at that point that deputies also noticed there was no food or drink in the car as well as no air conditioning.

The children told deputies their parents had walked off into the woods. During the conversation, a white male came out of the woods. When asked where his wife was, he responded by saying that she was sitting in the woods. She was actually located lying in the roadway of Gaswell Road. She was severely intoxicated.
The two adults have been identified as 32 year old Benjamin Heath Latham; and 28 year old Carrie Morrison Latham. The husband and wifewere both arrested for endangering the welfare of a child and the wife was also arrested for public intoxication.

The children have been taken into protective custody of DHR (Department of Human Resources) while both the father and mother are being held with 6000 dollar (father) and 8000 dollar (mother) bonds.
http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Parents-Arrested-for-Endangering-Children/TLStgj0gbkWxJI8PBDhnpg.cspx?rss=1659

Were they homeless? Strikes me odd that they would drive out to the woods to get their drink on while leaving their three kids locked in the car.

Thank God the title wasn't, "3 Kids found dead in car while parents get their drink on in the woods". Jesus!

My step-dad left my cousin and I in the car at night while he went fishing down a trail. He told us if we unlocked the doors and got out for any reason he would whoop our asses but if we needed him we could honk and he would come.

I had to pee super bad so I honked and honked but he didn't hear me... I totally peed on the floorboard of the car, wasn't no way in hell I was going to disobey and get out of the car.

Strikes me odd that they would drive out to the woods to get their drink on while leaving their three kids locked in the car.
My first thought on reading the title was that these puerile idiots had decided on a kegger. What the police describe doesn't fit, though.

I find your article to be incorrect. My parents did not leave me and my younger siblings in the car with no food, there was food in the car. Also, There was air conditioning in the car, we turned the car off because we got cold. Also, The REAL reason why the windows were up was because I was freezing from the air conditioning being on too long. And at the end, that was rude! My parents are actually good people. Around this time was when we were having trouble with family stuff that was going on. But you're good with writing, just make sure next time you got the correct information.

I find your article to be incorrect. My parents did not leave me and my younger siblings in the car with no food, there was food in the car. Also, There was air conditioning in the car, we turned the car off because we got cold. Also, The REAL reason why the windows were up was because I was freezing from the air conditioning being on too long. And at the end, that was rude! My parents are actually good people. Around this time was when we were having trouble with family stuff that was going on. But you're good with writing, just make sure next time you got the correct information.
Im glad it wasn't as bad as we thought. It is good to hear that you are ok.

.. The news article did make your situation sound so much worse . I'm relieved to know your all OK ..

The news article said your ages are between 6-10..is this true? You do not write like a 10 yo ....

So then she'd be 15 now? Maybe 16? Still doesn't write like a teemager, so obviously she's loved and educated.

I just posted an article from a news site, I didn't write it myself. But thank you for coming and clearing some things up. I guess the only question we all had back when the article was first posted is why your parents decided to leave you in a car to get drunk in the woods instead of doing it in the safety of your own home?

We had food and air conditioning and drinks we were dring cokes when the cops got there
Good, it probably wasn't the best time of your life but if you are good with your parents then that's good enough for me. That being said you shouldn't be looking at stuff about them, people in internet land can be mean and you are too young to have to deal with an internet fight with some cranky jerk over your parents. If you keep looking believe me, someone will be mean to you. Best of luck to you and thanks for letting us know the real story.

Yea.

People please read the dates on threads.

Simple mistake.. When a news story is posted and I click on it using my phone it brings me to the newest comment .. Which in this case was Aubreys and I clicked on the news article to find out more information but the link is not valid ..I did not remember reading this before so I just assumed it was new ..simple mistake .

Simple mistake.. When a news story is posted and I click on it using my phone it brings me to the newest comment .. Which in this case was Aubreys and I clicked on the news article to find out more information but the link is not valid ..I did not remember reading this before so I just assumed it was new ..simple mistake .

Girl I love you, don't worry. I meant more a general, people read these damn dates! ;)

Back