• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-mistake...nds-stuck-175436030--abc-news-topstories.html

A Florida woman is seeking medical help after she said she mistakenly glued her eye shut with super glue.Katherine Gaydos told ABC News affiliate WPBF-TV that she accidentally glued her eyes shut after getting debris into her eye last week.

“Something blew into my eye and I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse and they brought Super Glue,” she told WPBF-TV.

“As soon as I felt it in my eye I felt it burn and I closed my eye and screamed 'Call 911,'” she told WPBF-TV.

While Gaydos’ injury could make almost anyone cringe, experts say people mistake eye drops and Super Glue all too often.

Dr. Pankaj Gupta, assistant professor of ophthalmology at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, said he has seen multiple cases where people accidentally glued their eyes shut but that there are simple treatments to help them.

“The first thing I think everyone needs to know is don’t panic,” Gupta told ABC News. The eye cells will slough off and eventually loosen the grip of super glue, he explained.

“There is not a single thing that is permanent that will not slough off on its own,” he added. “In time it will go away.”

Gupta said if someone gets glue in their eye they should see aneye care doctor immediately, but not panic about permanently losing their eye sight.

Gaydos could not be reached for comment.

I don't think I'd comment either.:confused:

I have a mini pharmacy in my purse along with folding scissors, manicure set, and make-up bag. Somehow I've just never found myself out somewhere and needing super glue, so I don't carry it with me. Now I'm curious about the other contents of her purse. :shrug:

Do you have acrylic nails? That's the reason I used to always have super glue on me. Because in my 20's I was super smart and had fake nails while I worked in shipping... DERP! :facepalm:
I've worn acrylics for 20 years now, I still never keep super glue in my purse.

Right now I'm in Redneck Heaven- Tractor, ATV, UTV Dealership and Gun Shop- I run all parts and service and admin for the whole damn place, oh and, the gun shop too.

One time I sprayed hairspray on my armpits cuz i though it was deodorant :shrug: it stung like a bitch.
... kinda sorta the same ....just not quite as fucked up :D

Well, sadly, I'm not the most graceful person... if there's a table corner, I'm gonna hit it with my hip and it there is a way to break a nail, I've been there, done that. :shame:
Ah, I see. I ooze grace and feminine charm.

As I sit here in my cowboy boots held together with Gorilla glue, torn up jeans, tank top and tied up flannel shirt. And we won't even mention the bruises up and down my shins or on my knees. All lady right here.

At this point, I figure I've just worn acrylics for so long that they are a part of me and I've managed to get used to working with them. I wore them when I worked on the ambulance, even longer back then than now. After this long they're just a part of me.

I swear my eyes just started watering thinking of this happening. Ouch. Good to know it would eventually be ok, apparently. :wideyed:

One time I sprayed hairspray on my armpits cuz i though it was deodorant :shrug: it stung like a bitch.
... kinda sorta the same ....just not quite as fucked up :D

I've done that too. . . except the other way around. I sprayed the deoderant on my bangs. Once I smelled it I knew I fucked up. . . . so back into the shower I went to wash it right back out. But the mistake was almost inevitable the second I send my then 3 year old to the bathroom to fetch my hairspray ....as I was getting ready in my room... Lol

Back