• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2roq0lv.jpg

Happier times: Police are looking for Geoffrey Hunt, 44, after his wife Kim, 41 and their three children - Phoebe, 6, Mia, 8 and Fletcher, 10 - were found dead at their farmland property​
[...]
have found a suicide note but no sign of missing man Geoffrey Hunt after his wife Kim and their three children were found tragically shot dead at their family property .
[...]
Mr Hunt, 44, hasn't been seen since police made the grim discovery of his 41-year-old wife and their young children Fletcher, 10, Mia, 8 and Phoebe, 6, at their home in the Riverina region, some 80 kilometres south of Wagga Wagga
[...]
Police divers are expected to search for him at a dam at the property on Wednesday, after a white ute was found abandoned nearby.

Mrs Hunt was well known as 'a miracle survivor' by the Lockhart community after re-learning how to walk and talk following a car crash in 2012 in which she suffered a brain injury, fractured spine and broken neck.
[...]
Hunts posed and smiled for local newspapers a year after Mrs Hunt's miracle recovery from the crash, in which her youngest daughter Phoebe also suffered minor injuries.
[...]
the time of the crash it was reported that Mr Hunt never left his wife's side while she was slowly recovering in hospital.
[...]
tragedy has sent shockwaves through the quiet town, with a population of only 900, with friends and neighbours of the nurse and her children finding it difficult to describe their shock.

'We are devastated by the tragedy, it's unbelievable,' Lockhart mayor Peter Yates told
[..]
'I knew the family and the people that were involved were well-respected people, a farming family.

'I just can't believe it, especially when there's children involved. They had their whole lives ahead of them.'
[....]
mayor Roger Schirmer described Mrs Hunt, a former intensive care nurse who had recently started work at Lockhart hospital, as 'a lovely person' with 'a lovely family'.
[...]
said the area had experienced 'pretty tough' weather conditions this year and widespread frosts hadn't been good for crops.
[...]
found the bodies of three children inside the house, while the woman's body was located on a path at the rear of the house.

Cr Yates extended his condolences to the family members of the victims.
[...]
Lockhart resident working at a service station said the deaths would be felt in the small community.

'God yes,' said the woman who declined to be named.

'We're only a tiny little village. We're all so sad.'
[...]
Police have confirmed they responded to calls about 3pm on Tuesday.

About six police cars were seen rushing to the property on the Lockhart/Boree Creek Road in Lockhart.
A post-mortem will be carried out on the bodies, but it is believed the family suffered gunshot wounds.
[...]
Hunt is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 193cm tall, with a medium and athletic build, short brown hair and a clean-shaven face.

A strike force to investigate the deaths has been formed after a State Emergency Service team from The Rock - about 40km east of Lockhart - arrived at the scene before 7pm, followed by Forensic Services at 7.30pm
[...]
Strike Force Tullaroan comprises officers from Wagga Wagga Local Area Command and they are being assisted by detectives from State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad.

Two crime scenes have been established at the property.
One is located at the homestead while the other is near a dam where police searching the property found an unattended white utility vehicle.
[...]
Police divers will search the dam and other waterways today.
[...]
They are asking people who sight the man not to approach him, but call triple-zero immediately
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2748967/Woman-three-children-dead-farmhouse-rural-NSW.html#ixzz3CsQT357U

Two crime scenes have been established at the property.
One is located at the homestead while the other is near a dam where police searching the property found an unattended white utility vehicle.

This sounds staged.

He must have killed his wife outdoors on the path behind the house first. Then he killed the kids inside the house. She would have tried to protect the kids. Then he wrote the suicide note and killed himself somewhere on the property either in the dam or he's hanging from a tree somewhere or shot himself are my guesses. Wow to have come back so strong after such horrific injuries as she suffered...this was a very strong woman. Then to die by the hand of the person she trusted the most. How sad. RIP Hunt family.

Body pulled from Lockhart dam after Kim Hunt and three children shot dead
Police divers have recovered a body from a dam after a woman and her three children were shot dead on their Riverina farm near Wagga Wagga

Sheep and grain farmer Geoff Hunt has been missing ever since the bodies of his wife Kim, 41, and his children Fletcher, 10, Mia, 8, and Phoebe, 6, were found dead on their property, Watch Hill, on Tuesday afternoon.

Divers entered a muddy dam about 1.45pm on Wednesday and recovered a body about half an hour later.

A thick set of tyre marks have cut a clear track across the wheat crop and lead directly to the dam where a white ute was found abandoned yesterday.

Police confirmed they found a suicide note on the property but were still looking for the gun that killed the Hunt family.

About a dozen police continue to search through a 10-hectare wheat paddock in front of the family's homestead
A firearm was also found in the dam.

More to come

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/body-pulled-from-lockhart-dam

Last edited by a moderator:
What led Geoff Hunt to kill his wife Kim and three children?
Inside a small white house, surrounded by bright yellow fields of canola, police found a short, scribbled note.

But the piece of paper did not explain why a father is believed to have shot his wife and three children dead before turning a gun on himself on their Riverina property near Wagga Wagga.

It was no more than a sentence or two.
Geoff Hunt and his family celebrated a relative's birthday on Saturday and went to a local football game on Sunday, before his children were dropped at school for the last time on Monday.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/what-led-geoff-hunt

Terrible murder suicide, showed few signs of stress in lead up to tragedy
“Nobody that I’ve spoken to indicated that they were aware that anything was amiss,” Father Schipp said.

“He was happy. He was making arrangements for events that were coming up, that he was going to be part of. There was no hint or signal of any internal stress factors at all.”

Wagga Wagga police Superintendent Bob Noble may have summed it up best in his press conference this morning. The family was “well integrated” into the community — social, productive, well-loved citizens.

But a farmer’s life, he said, was not an easy one.

“I can’t comment on the particulars of this farm,” he said. “No doubt life on the land is very difficult. In certain parts of the country at present it’s very hard on people.

A local agronomist said the Hunts were “excellent farmers”.

Geoff Hunt, along with one of his two brothers Ian and father John, ran the large farm and were and an “old established” farming family.

He said he thought the farm had been doing well financially.

“I did not think there were any financial problems. It has been very dry and conditions were below average but it’s been long, long time of challenging conditions,” he said.

“We farmers are hardened. It’s probably to do with other things we don’t know about. The black dog (depression) works in strange ways.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/lockhart-family

I was reading some updates on this case, and I have to be honest, I feel for Dad now too. What he did was unforgivable, but he was in a completely impossible situation and received no support. His wife has a brain injury that pretty much turned her into an absolute monster, and he was juggling her, the kids and the farm all by himself. I don't usually feel for family annihilators, but I believe this guy really did just snap under pressure.

Some links:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ughters-single-bullet-head.html#ixzz3nqjwxzvJ

'He may have simply just snapped': Disability worker breaks down as she describes Kim Hunt's violent rages after a car crash left her with brain injuries before her husband shot his family dead [....] Mrs Hunt's near-fatal car crash in 2012, which left her with a debilitating brain injury and resulted in significant changes to her personality [...]
She says the mother was on anti-depressants and sometimes missed her medication, which made her lash out at her children.
Mrs Hunt would become frustrated easily and would snap at her young children and would swear and rant at her loved ones, apparently without realising. [...]
On the final evening they spent together, Ms Bourke said Mrs Hunt was angry and upset.
Mr Hunt had umpired a local kids football match over the weekend and had been accused of cheating.The inquest has heard 10-year-old Fletcher was teased about it on his final day at school, where schoolmates taunted him with chants of 'Fletcher Hunt the c***' and 'Geoff Hunt the c***'
When Mrs Hunt told her husband to 'piss off' and go in to town, she said, Mr Hunt didn't respond at all.
He was so quiet that evening that Ms Bourke wondered aloud whether he was depressed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-1-million-year-watch-Home-Away-children.html

The inquest heard that Mr Hunt also seemed very depressed and quiet on September 8, 2014 - the last night he was seen alive.
Mr Hunt had confided in a counsellor that his worst fear was being alone, as the family sought help from mental health experts in their final years. Just weeks before she died, Mrs Hunt told a relative she was not in love with or attracted to her husband.
Ms Bourke told the inquest Mrs Hunt demanded her husband do something about the family finances - despite the inquest finding the farm was profitable, expecting a good yield in their next crop and there was no debt or financial stress.

The irrational, uncharacteristic lashing out makes sense with brain damage, but the marital issues as far as no loner loving or being attracted to her husband and suddenly not being satisfied with the financial situation of the profitable farm seems odd. I wonder if the head injury just brought out certain things that otherwise would have been minor gripes or issues she would have normally more carefully/constructively dealt with if not outright ignored, or if perhaps she'd be that unhappy with the marriage regardless of the accident.

Guy done fucked up. Shoulda divorced her ass. I wouldn't think she'd have too much a claim to the property, as it was a long standing family farm he worked/owned alongside his dad/brother. Payin a bitch half the rest of your life has gotta be better then offing everybody. I wouldn't think custody issues would be too big an issue given her injuries and difficulties related to that, prob wouldn't grant her full.

I don't see any reason to feel bad for him. Life was tough cuz his wife was awful to him, tough fucking luck. If every dude who's wife gave him shit all the time killed his entire family, there'd be nothing but bachelors and homosexuals walking the planet.

Latest posts

Back