• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Police probe school principal over deaths of THREE students after he hypnotised them to improve their performance
Police have launched an investigation into a high school principal who hypnotised three students who later died.

George Kenney was suspended from his job after he admitted hypnotising a 16-year-old boy who a day later committed suicide.

But it has since emerged he hypnotised another student who killed herself and a 16-year-old who died in a car crash days after seeing the principal for the private session.

Investigators with the North Port Police and Florida Department of Health have launched a joint investigation into the activities of Kenney.

It follows a report by school chiefs who found that he had lied to officials about hypnotism sessions and defied three separate orders to stop the practice.

An investigation by officials at the North Port High School following the April suicide of of Wesley McKinley uncovered other students who had come under the principal's influence
He is alleged to have hypnotised 17-year-old Brittany Palumbo five months before she killed herself on May 4 and had hypnosis sessions with 16-year-old Marcus Freeman six days before he died in a car wreck on March 15. All three were students at his school.
He first told police he never hypnotised the girl but later admitted he had lied.
Kenney, who has been suspended since April, has denied any wrongdoing.
But the report revealed Kenney hypnotized up to 75 people at the school, including students and their parents, as well as staff members and their children.
A teacher at the school, Linda Thornton, 68, was also killed in a car wreck while driving to work in November. It is not known whether she was hypnotised by Kenney.
Kenney has claimed the students were happy to be hypnotised as it helped them concentrate in class.
Many of the students were taking part in competitive sports and he said the hypnosis helped them focus
Kenney came under the spotlight after teenager Wesley McKinley was found dead in an abandoned house from a suspected drugs overdose two months ago.

The day before he killed himself he underwent a hypnosis session with Mr Kenney, a certified hypnotist who has written a book on the subject.

An investigation has revealed that Wesley, who had showed no outward sign of depression, got his mother's signed approval to take part in the session at North Port High School in North Port, Florida.
But his parents said they had a 'ton of questions' and wondered if the hypnosos had played a part in their son's decision to take his own life.
Since being suspended from the school Kenney has been in an administrative position in the offices of the Sarasota School District.
Speaking about the death of her friend Brittany on May 4, student Marla Korenich, 18, said: 'I never thought one of my friends would die in high school. I can't eat and can't sleep. School is intolerable. I still can't really grasp the fact that this is happening.'

She told the Herald Tribune she knew her close friend was in pain, but she could not comprehend how deep it ran.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...udents-die-hypnotised-them.html#ixzz1QjpL8wkS

14oacl5.jpg
Investigation: North Port High School principal Dr George Kenney was suspended after hypnotising three students
jqoqj9.jpg
Tragic death: Brittany Palumbo, 17, committed suicide after she was hypnotised by George Kenney at her school​
2vnl2jo.jpg
2viqzcx.jpg
Also dead: An investigation was launched into Kenney's hypnotism sessions after Wesley McKinley, right, committed suicide in April. Marcus Freeman, pictured left with his girlfriend, died in a car wreck in March​

Last edited:
Wow, I've never heard of 'murder by hypnosis'! This guy sounds like a Harry Potter villian! Is the claim that he was hypnotizing some of the students and parents without them even knowing about it? I wouldn't want to be the investigator picked to interrogate him- and I guess we shouldn't be surprised of a mistrial due to the jury all jumping out the window!

I don't see how he did anything wrong. He had written authorizations from the parents and he was licensed to do it. Two suicides and a car accident involving students from one school isn't that abnormal to me, it happens all the time. Now if the majority of the 75 people he hypnotized at that school had dies then I would be concerned but based on the 3 incidents, I don't see charges sticking.

This is almost as stupid as charging the car manufacturer. May as well drag in the coaches, teachers, and anyone else involved in the lives of these people!

Actually I guess doesnt say in that article
but the reason hes charged is b/c he did ALOT of the students WITHOUT signed consent
Many parents gave consennt but many didnt and he did it anyways,
thats what the guy on my news was saying b/c people all were asking why he was charged if parents had given consent

Actually I guess doesnt say in that article
but the reason hes charged is b/c he did ALOT of the students WITHOUT signed consent
Many parents gave consennt but many didnt and he did it anyways,
thats what the guy on my news was saying b/c people all were asking why he was charged if parents had given consent

He was suspended from his job because he hypnotized Wesley (16), and that was the boy he rcv'd a signed authorization for. Why was he suspended if the parents gave the ok?

George Kenney was suspended from his job after he admitted hypnotising a 16-year-old boy who a day later committed suicide.

An investigation has revealed that Wesley, who had showed no outward sign of depression, got his mother's signed approval to take part in the session at North Port High School in North Port, Florida.

Im sure the government is going to scoop this guy up. They have been trying for decades to hypnotize people and get them to go against their will to do big brothers dirty work. Amazing this pissant can do it. "Manchurian Candidate" indeed. Its laughable.

Those people who suspended him and want him charged ( because some kids off'd themselves) are probably the same people whos local libraries are empty due to annual book bonfire festivities.

I was, as a teenager. I had repressed certain details of my sex abuse and my counselor hypnotized me to bring forth those memories.

[MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION] Did you remember the repressed memories?

Are they trying to say this man hypnotised these kids and told them to kill themselves or get into car crashes?

Stare into my post...
big-302.gif

(I'm not going to tell hubby I typed that line. He would so swipe it and change the meaning. Dirty old man.)

OK, so I was curious and had to go look up if someone could be hypnotised to do something like kill them selves or murder another - I found:
Fallacy: The hypnotist has absolute control over the persons mind. Fact: This is the most absurd of all fallacies involving hypnosis. No hypnotist can make anyone do anything that is against their principles or morals. Hypnosis is not an anesthetic that renders a person helpless; it is a means of releasing or intensifying their own personal powers and abilities.

http://www.hypnos.co.uk/hypnomag/whiawiin.htm

interesting. my mother - who had 6 children - claimed that the delivery of my older brother while under hypnosis was the easiest of all of them. my brother still hasn't snapped out of it, though.

OK, so I was curious and had to go look up if someone could be hypnotised to do something like kill them selves or murder another - I found:

http://www.hypnos.co.uk/hypnomag/whiawiin.htm

So if hypnosis can not take over your mind, then why charge this man? I need evidence that he caused these kids to kill themselves. I am not convinced that this man had any responsibility in the deaths of these teens.

Is he suspended because there's some suspicion the hypnosis sessions led to the deaths, or because he lied about them/didn't always obtain parents' permission?

VXIII- Out of curiosity, did anything you read say if you could convince the hypnotized person that they were in a situation where they would change their principals? For example, would a person who would ordinarily never kill someone do it if under hypnosis they believed they were acting in self-defense? i.e. "If you don't shoot that man right now, he's going to murder your entire family!"
I doubt Kenney is some super serial killer who's found a way to commit the perfect crime, but you've made me wonder.

Is he suspended because there's some suspicion the hypnosis sessions led to the deaths, or because he lied about them/didn't always obtain parents' permission?

[MENTION=4577]plainbelliedsneetch[/MENTION]

As I said in my earlier post.. *bangs head against wall* He was suspended before they knew about the other kids.

The boy he was suspended over did have a parents permission slip.

[MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION] Did you remember the repressed memories?

Are they trying to say this man hypnotised these kids and told them to kill themselves or get into car crashes?

[MENTION=3358]VXIII[/MENTION] not really, all it did was relax me and make me tired.

[MENTION=4577]plainbelliedsneetch[/MENTION] I didnt look into it that deeply, but I suspect that a lot of the hypnotist vegas shows are staged, fake, and with a lot of overblown theatrics and in reality a real hypnotist is just helping you relax enough to be able to dig deeper into your mind. There is lots of info out there, just try to find scientific sites that arent trying to sell a book or dvd...

[MENTION=4577]plainbelliedsneetch[/MENTION] I didnt look into it that deeply, but I suspect that a lot of the hypnotist vegas shows are staged, fake, and with a lot of overblown theatrics and in reality a real hypnotist is just helping you relax enough to be able to dig deeper into your mind. There is lots of info out there, just try to find scientific sites that arent trying to sell a book or dvd...

I heard on the radio the other day there was a hypnotist that fell or something and was knocked out maybe coma in the hospital leaving a person under, but I can't find it in the news. It was just last week.

I was hypnotized to quit smoking. I fell asleep, which surprised me because I was feeling uneasy since the lady worked out of her home and I was alone.

Had a christmas party a few years back with a hypnotist he had a bunch of my co-workers acting like they were laying an egg. He had to actually tell them not to shit themselves! He said first time he had tried having people doing the egg laying thing under hypnosis they actually pushed so hard a few of them shit themselves. I was thinking "Hey my boss is up there why did you have to warn them!"

Last edited:
The State Attorneys Office has the final word whether George Kenney should be charged

North Port, Florida - North Port Police have completed a five month investigation into the case of North Port High School Principal George Kenney.

The investigation shows Kenney violated criminal health care laws for the unlicensed practice of health care by practicing hypnosis.

[...]
Kenney has been temporarily reassigned to work at the school district's administration offices. If Kenney is found guilty, the unlicensed practice of health care is a felony that carries up to 5 years in prison.
Kenney admits to practicing hypnosis on some students for a couple years with parental consent. The hypnosis was reportedly used to help students with issues such as overcoming test anxieties and sports performance issues.

An investigation into the principal's practices began after a student committed suicide a day after he was hypnotized earlier this year.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...ged-for-using-hypnosis-on-students?hpt=ju_bn4

UPDATE:

http://news.yahoo.com/school-board-settles-families-students-164530266.html

The families of three Florida students who died after being hypnotized by their then-principal will each receive $200,000 in a settlement with the school district.

The payout comes four years after former North Port High School Principal George Kenney hypnotized students Wesley McKinley, 16, Marcus Freeman, 16, and Brittany Palumbo, 17.

Though no explicit link tied the students’ deaths to Kenney’s hypnosis, the former principal admitted that he had hypnotized McKinley a day before the teenager killed himself in April 2011,the Herald-Tribune reported. Palumbo also took his life after being hypnotized.

Freeman died in a 2011 car accident after he hypnotized himself, a technique Kenney had taught him in order to help the quarterback concentrate and not worry about pain during games, according to court documents.

The 16-year-old football player was killed when he veered off a highway as he drove home from a painful dentist visit, theHerald-Tribune wrote. His girlfriend, who was also in the car and survived, said that Freeman got a strange look on his face before he went off the road, the paper reported.

An investigation found that Kenney had hypnotized as many as 75 students, staff members and others from 2006 until McKinley’s death. One student athlete recalled being hypnotized as many as 40 times to improve his concentration, the Herald-Tribune wrote.
It’s something they will never get over,” Damian Mallard, an attorney representing the three students’ families, told theHerald-Tribune. “It’s probably the worst loss that can happen to a parent is to lose a child, especially needlessly because you had someone who decided to perform medical services on kids without a license. He altered the underdeveloped brains of teenagers, and they all ended up dead because of it.”

Kenney gave up his teaching license in 2013 under pressure from the Florida Department of Education and cannot reapply for another, the Herald-Tribune noted. He now apparently operates a bed-and-breakfast in North Carolina.

“The thing that is the most disappointing to them is that he never apologized, never admitted wrongdoing and is now living comfortably in retirement in North Carolina with his pension,” Mallard reportedly said.ote]

Last edited:
“The thing that is the most disappointing to them is that he never apologized, never admitted wrongdoing

Well, he didn't do anything wrong so he shouldn't have to. Unless they can prove he told the kids to kill themselves under hypnosis....

WTF? We know the one kid's parents signed a permission slip so why are they getting any money? He didn't do anything wrong so idk why any of em are getting money but especially that one. I thought it said earlier that he was a licensed hypnotist that had even written a book about it...I'm too lazy to go back and look tho. He taught one of the other kids to hypnotize himself to be able to focus better. Ummm, that's teaching! WTF do these parent's want from him??? That's what you send your kid to school for is to be taught! If your kid can't be responsible with the information that he has been given thats not the teacher's fault!
The only way I can see that maybe the principal did something wrong is if he had the students alone one at a time and did a little more that "hypnosis". I don't even like saying that though because there's nothing that would suggest it. I'm just wondering why this school would be paying these families.

I can't believe they got money!! So what is the point of a permission slip? In the past it was always a consent to any risk. So, I once had to get stitches after a field trip. I guess we should have sued, even though we had signed saying we knew the risk.

He was LICENSED, so I'm not sure how they are saying otherwise. I wonder if this was anything but something "new age/creepy" if this would have happened. The kid that died driving home from the dentist probably had a complication from that. I'm assuming they couldn't sue the dentist however, because they always tell patients not to drive and require someone there to pick you up so you don't drive. This is the most logical reason of why his gf was with him, and he probably just convinced her he should drive because it was his car and he was "fine". I'm not sure how "getting a strange look on your face" indicates it has to do with hypnosis at all.

I find myself pissed off at the parents, the school district, and the DA/police. Yeah, your kid died, but that doesn't mean you can just try to ruin someones life over it when it was not their fault. I don't even think the OD was a suicide. How did they even conclude that? He probably just took too much. That's such a common occurrence, I'm not sure why they made the leap straight to suicide.

I think him not actually being licensed is where the problem lies. Permission slip or not if you don't have the training to do a medical act then you're breaking the law. And putting someone under hypnosis is usually done by a trained practitioner. Not some high school principal in charge of students. Whether the hypnosis had something to do with the deaths is the beside the point to me. I'm wondering what the fuck the parents were thinking allowing this to happen without knowing for sure he was licensed to do this. I'm not taking anyone's word for it on something like this who the fuck knows what he could have done to those kids while they were under hypnosis. Too much creepy.
Sounds like he should have stuck to being a principal instead of a hack psychotherapist.

Back