• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/fl...s-collected-urine-samples-police-say/35719948

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -A Florida man set up fake job interviews and collected urine samples from potential applicants so he could access their Social Security numbers, bank information and other personal data, according to police.

Gerald Howard Washington was arrested on charges of criminal use of personal identification information and organized communications fraud after Tallahassee police say he stole personal information from multiple job seekers.

Authorities said Wednesday that Washington posted online ads claiming he was hiring for 1,100 Tallahassee-based jobs. He set up a temporary office in the state capital and personally met with many of the job seekers. He also accessed their Social Security numbers, bank information and collected a $25 application fee, according to police.
[....]
told applicants they were hired and gave them a start date, even though the jobs did not exist.

Um, but why exactly did he need the urine samples?

I've interviewed for more than a couple of jobs and only ever had to give a urine sample once.

Side-eyeing the need to obtain urine samples...

It's one of two reasons, either he thought it made him look more legit when he was also collecting a $25 fee for the application, since he gets off on taking money for spurious reasons. :eek:

OR

All he did all this to make it seem more legit when he collected the urine, since he gets off on urine. :shrug: :confused:

Who the hell knows, and ANYBODY that pays to submit a job applicaton needs to have their head examned anyway.

I've had to give a sample after the interview twice, but it was not at the location where I interviewed and not even the same day. They set me up an appointment for the next morning in both situations. Like @Krystal, I'm side-eyeing that. Dude sounds like a gross perv as well as a criminal to me.

I wonder what he had them pissing in? Think he really had urine collection cups? If he didn't that should have been a red flag.

This dude's a real go-getter! I'm sure he'll go far! Lol. That sounds like it took a helluva lot more work than just getting a job would have!

What a cruel fraud to perpetrate. Even though the media says the jobless rate is down, they're looking at the lower numbers of newly unemployed, not the large numbers of people who have been out of work for a long time or folks who are working multiple part time jobs 'cause they can't find full time work. This asshole said he had over 1000 jobs--those odds are a lot better than what the folks I routinely help with online job applications at the library face (three openings at a Wawa convenience store may bring in 300 applications). So I can definitely understand why someone would pay money to submit a job application and even overlook the sketchiness of the required urine specimen.

Maybe the guy is subjected to random urine tests for his own job and he wanted a good cache of frozen pee to submit when his number came up. If he disclosed the urine sample requirement in the fake job ad, odds are nobody with dirty piss is going to show up. If he wanted to be absolutely sure, you can pick up a cheap dipstick test at Rite Aid for about $15.

Um, but why exactly did he need the urine samples?

I've interviewed for more than a couple of jobs and only ever had to give a urine sample once.

Side-eyeing the need to obtain urine samples...
I've had to for a number of jobs. Even temp agencies test on site here in Nevada.

Back