• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Krystal

Veteran Member
A California man is sitting in jail after being arrested for the horrific murder and mutilation of his own mother.

On September 29, 2015, the father of Omar Pettigen, 31, called authorities in Fremont asking them to do a welfare check on his son and his son's mother after he had not heard from the pair.

When police checked the home they found a horrific scene.

Omar's mother, Nailah Pettigen, 64, lay lifeless in her blood-soaked bedroom. First responders reported that it appeared that Ms. Pettigen appeared to have been disemboweled, but the truth would turn out to be even more sickening.

Omar was not in the home at the time of the welfare check. Police immediately began their search for Omar, who was located 5 days later just north of Oakland, California. Upon being located, Omar had quite a story to tell.

Omar readily admitted to murdering his mother on September 29th. He stated that he murdered her as a result of her "killing herself" with her oxycodone addiction. Omar stated that his mother was placed on the painkiller following bouts with knee and hip problems and surgeries. He stated that his mother became addicted to the powerful painkiller.

He claimed that he and his mother argued that evening in her bedroom and when the argument became heated, she pointed a gun at him. In response to his allegedly staring down the barrel of a gun, Omar grabbed a hammer off the bedroom wall. Um, I don't keep hammers on my bedroom wall, but hey, this isn't my story so we're rolling with it.

At the same time as grabbing the hammer from the wall, Omar states that he knocked the gun out of his mother's hand. If that fact is true then the rest of this really make too much sense.

Omar alleges that he was able to leave the room. He does not say that his mother followed him or anything. But whatever his reasoning, he left the room, only to retrieve a tomahawk and return to the room.

He used his trusty tomahawk to then bash his mother's head in. But that wasn't enough for Omar.

He then got a revolver from the closet and proceeded to pump 4 bullets into his mother's back.

Wait, hold on. How many guns were there? Was there only one? If there was only one gun why did he have to get it from the closet in order to shoot him Mom? Wasn't she just pointing the gun at him? Well, you'll see soon that Omar is a little short of rational thinking.

From there, Omar took a knife and hacked open his mother's chest, pulled out her heart with his hands and juggled it. Okay, maybe I took a little creative liberty with the juggling. The article doesn't say that, it simply says he removed it with his hands and put it back in.

Right about here Omar hops on his own version of the Crazy Train, actually more like the Psycho Train but...

At that exact moment, Omar decided he needed to "be with himself" and needed "a release" because he then decided to jerk-off over his mother's bloody, mutilated body. Sure, nothing is a bigger turn on then holding a heart in your hands. Well, actually I think Hallmark has said something like that, how nice it is for your signifcant other to carefully hold your heart in their hands but they meant that figuratively not literally.

At that point, Omar had a full day and decided to relax with a few beers with friends in San Francisco and booked a plane ticket to Chicago. But only made it as far as Oakland befor ebeing nabbed by police.

Now, the autopsy report revealed a few additional details that Omar omitted.

His mother was shot at least 7 times. It was not just her chest that was cut but rather she was cut from her neck down to her cervix and her panties were tangled up around her ankles. Oh and, Omar apparently got hungry while murdering because he sliced off a hunk of his mother's heart and ate it.

Or, maybe he had that with his beer? I hear that organ meat goes very well with Coors Light.

Omar has been arrested for his mother's murder, he is currently being held without bond. Police report that he is calm and unremorseful following his arrest.

Duh, he got his alone time for his "release", don't these cops listen to the suspects.

Link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-mom-sliced-heart-documents-article-1.2388791

@Krystal another phenomenal write up. This was one sick puppy and I am glad he is off the street. Sounds like he got a little horny and hungry and mom wasn't up to providing anything for either issue. Dad knew this little fucker was sick hence the phone call.

Another story of a grown-assed man/son living with his senior mom and brutally killing her (attempting to in the other story) within the same time period? Is it Pledge Week in some kind of psychotic losers club on the Dark Web?

Drug-induced psychosis or no, my guess is he's been mulling this fantasy over for a long time. The fact he was able to get his nut on with that level of hatred, violence and gory mess tells you all you need to know about his true motivation.

I can't help but wonder if he was on a heavy hallucinogen (PCP, Vit. K., etc), or is/was an opiate-based drug addict and she wasn't "sharing" her Rx w/him to keep him out of withdrawal when he was getting dope sick. Wouldn't matter. Not an excuse, IMO, I just think it would be interesting to know (1) if he was impaired and if so, on what, and (2) if his excuse for playing a low class, piss poor version of "Hannibal" the home game was legit. I'll be interested to know the details on this one as his case develops, but pulling out then slicing off a bite or two of mom's heart isn't exactly psychological rocket science. However, in addition to the rest, I always find the link between the horror gore and the sexual component in these mutilation cases particularly interesting.

Last edited:
He'll be blaming it on music, video games, movies, abuse and/or using an insanity defense. Well, to be fair, it'll be his attorneys doing that because clearly this guy is not capable of making that decision for himself. :vomit: at him eating a piece of her heart.

1618725609882.jpeg
A judge ordered that a Fremont man who was convicted of second-degree murder for killing his mother four years ago by hitting over the head with an a tomahawk ax and shooting her multiple times should be placed at the Napa State Hospital psychiatric facility.

The ruling by Alameda County Superior Court Judge Allan Hymer was not a surprise because a jury found on Aug. 19 that Omar Pettigen, 35, was insane when he killed his mother, 64-year-old retired teacher Nailah Pettigen on Sept. 29, 2015.

In the earlier guilt phase of his trial, Pettigen admitted that he killed his mother and he was convicted of second-degree murder on July 29.

But Pettigen, who spoke in a monotone and showed no emotion, said during his trial that he did so because he heard voices in his head that told him that she was a witch and that he needed to kill her before she killed him.

Pettigen admitted under cross-examination by Alameda County prosecutor Jason Sjoberg that he initially lied to police by claiming that he was in San Francisco at the time his mother was killed and lied again by claiming that he had shot in her in self-defense after she had pulled a gun on him.

Officers who went to Nailah Pettigen’s apartment after her ex-husband asked authorities to conduct a welfare check on her found in a supine position on the floor with blood splatter on the walls as well as blood pooling, Fremont police Detective Craig Gaches wrote in a probable cause statement.
Nailah Pettigen was dead, appeared to have been disemboweled, had an incision from her neck to her stomach, her intestines were spilled out onto the ground and her bed was completely soaked through with blood, Gaches wrote.

Omar Pettigen testified that after he assaulted his mother with an ax and shot her multiple times he sliced her chest open, grabbed her heart with his hand, picked it up and then put it back in her.
Pettigen pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, which meant that a sanity phase had to be held after he was convicted.
Pettigen could be held at the Napa State Hospital for the rest of his life, but after he’s been there a year he can petition the court to determine that he’s been restored to sanity and ask that he be released.

Back