• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-inmate-says-shouldnt-die-8-robbery-slaying-194844320.html

A Texas inmate set to be executed Tuesday acknowledges fatally shooting a Mexican man who was robbed of $8 and had just moved his family to Houston, but insists he doesn't deserve to die for the killing 17 years ago.

"This is not a capital case," Juan Martin Garcia, 35, told The Associated Press last month in a prison interview near Livingston. "I got railroaded since I didn't take the stand (to testify at trial)."

Evidence at his 2000 capital murder trial and testimony from a companion identified him as the ringleader of four men involved in the September 1998 shooting and robbery of Hugo Solano outside Solano's apartment complex. The slaying and a string of other violent crimes tied to Garcia, who was 18 at the time of the killing, convinced a jury he should be put to death.

His lethal injection to be held in Huntsville would be the 11th this year in Texas, which carries out capital punishment more than any other state. Three more executions are scheduled in upcoming weeks.

No late appeals seeking to block the execution were in the courts on Monday. The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles rejected a clemency petition for Garcia on Friday.

Garcia, his two cousins and another man had already carried out a carjacking when they spotted Solano during the early morning hours of Sept. 17, 1998, getting into his van to go to work, according to the evidence. Solano's relatives said the 36-year-old, who did Christian missionary work in Guadalajara, Mexico, had moved with his wife to Houston weeks earlier so their children could be educated in the U.S.

Eleazar Mendoza, who pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and was sentenced to 55 years in prison, testified that Garcia approached Solano and pointed a gun. Mendoza said Garcia gave Solano orders in Spanish to surrender any money he had and then shot him when he refused.

Garcia, who spoke to the AP on a phone inside a caged-in visitors' area outside the state's death row, said it was Mendoza who came up with the idea to rob Solano and that Solano escalated the confrontation by resisting.

"He punches me. First thing that came through my mind is that the dude is going to try to kill me," Garcia said. "He grabbed the gun with both of his hands and it discharged."

Solano was shot four times in the head and neck. Garcia said he didn't rob Solano.

"My dad used to beat me," Garcia said. "When that guy hit me, I was high on drugs and the first person I saw was my dad. So I kept shooting."

Court records show Garcia was in a car that was pulled over for a broken headlight more than a week after the killing. He was arrested for possession of a handgun when the weapon hit the floorboard as he was getting out of the car. He was released but arrested again later on an escape warrant as a juvenile fugitive when the gun was matched to Solano's slaying.

At Garcia's trial in Houston, authorities tied him to at least eight aggravated robberies and two attempted capital murders in the weeks before and after Solano's death. He also had an extensive juvenile record starting at age 12.

Another defendant, Raymond McBen, pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery and was sentenced to 30 years in prison. He was paroled a year ago.

The fourth man charged, Gabriel Morales, went to trial and was sentenced to life on a capital murder conviction.

And he would probably be right if he hadn't actually shot and killed the guy he was robbing to get the $8.00. No, I take that back, he was a violent POS from the time of his teens, if not stopped he would still be hurting people.

Last edited:
And he would probably be right if he hadn't actually shot the guy he was robbing 4 times to get the $8.00.
Felony murder, it's a real stupid idea in Texas, they'll execute you for that down there. As he's about to find out.

What I couldn't get over was this guy's attitude that he only got $8 and the guy he killed didn't factor into that equation at all.

And the fact he and his friends had been running amuck doing whatever the hell they pleased, whenever the hell they felt like it, it's a wonder they hadn't killed more people.

Murderers never think they should have to face the consequences of their actions.

Seems the dude was well-coached by his attorney, though. Read his excuses explaining why the murder wasn't his fault.

Here's hoping the execution is carried out as planned. Just another worthless asshole who never should have been conceived.

The asshole can't take responsibility for a damn thing, can he? "I didn't take the stand in trial so they railroaded me", "Oh, my dad used to hit me so I lost it", "I couldn't help it, I was on drugs", "my mate told me to do it", "the guy shouldn't have refused or fought back... and besides, I only got 8 bucks out of it". "The guy grabbed the gun and it went off, but yeah I lost it and shot him four times..." "the other robberies and attempted murders? It weren't me!! I'm an angel!"

Well, fuckstick, you deserve to die for MURDER! The guy you shot didn't deserve to die for $8! WTF is wrong with this dumbass??? As far as my daddy beat me blah, blah, blah....go fucking shoot him then! Him saying that he thought the guy he was robbing was going to kill him was the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard! Personally, I think he deserves to die for that comment alone!

What I couldn't get over was this guy's attitude that he only got $8 and the guy he killed didn't factor into that equation at all.
Like if he had stolen $8,000 instead then his execution would be more appropriate. But since he "only" got $8 then fuck it he should get to live, to Hell with the fact that his victim didn't ge tto live though.

Yeah, he seems redeemable to me.:sarcasm:

I knew y'all was going to feel the same way I did when I read his lousy ass excuses of why he deserves to live. I guess nobody has ever bothered to tell him it ain't about the $8 asshole, he probably couldn't figure it out if they did.

While Juan didn't think his crime deserved the death penalty, thankfully for the family of Hugo Solano, Texas did. The state of Texas did believe that cold-bloodedly murdering a man for all of $8 was all Juan needed to do to get the needle.

The execution was held as scheduled, Juan has become the 11th person executed in Texas in 2015.
http://hosted2.ap.org/txdam/f22b22b...Execution/id-9c68a149e27f49a4abb7d092f712c916

@sassical , we'll still let you cry is you'd like, provided they are tears of joy. And @rod2pop , you got your wish.

If every Mexican-American were to murder an illegal alien and be executed for it, the United States would be much improved.

Stealing $8 ain't shit. Killing someone for it on the other hand is generally frowned upon. This guy sounds like a fucking pussy.

http://www.txexecutions.org/reports/529-Juan-Garcia.htm

I love to read about what they say right before they are executed. And I am not even in favor of the death penalty. Cuz killing people for killing people...

I found this last comment by the victim's wife at the end of page two particularly interesting:
Afterward, Ana Solano said that she accepted Garcia's apology because it came "from his heart." She also said that she wished the execution had not taken place, because people ought to be able to live to share what they learn from their mistakes.

:arghh: Oohh. Boo fucking hoo. I volunteer to cry at his execution. :popcorn:

Will they be tears of happiness that he's gone? If so, I'll also volunteer.

ETA: I should have read all the comments. Now I know I'm a little late, just like the murderer.

Last edited:
Honestly, reading the stories about the crime and trial, it sounds like this dude got railroaded.

If every Mexican-American were to murder an illegal alien and be executed for it, the United States would be much improved.

Would you want ME executed for killing an illegal alien, from outerspace; or an illegal alien from just out of country, who was a pedo? :jawdrop:

I didn't think so. . .<3 But I was just making sure. :kiss: I know you you think I'm a good Mexican-American.;)

Back