• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

n0longerinuse

5612fe25b552c.image.jpg

Jude Legiste

LA CROSSE — A UW-La Crosse dorm director who offended some students and parents with an email tutoring men how to help women overcome an “orgasm deficit” has apologized and was reprimanded.

Drake Hall Director Jude Legiste sent the graphic email, which includes pejorative terms for men’s and women’s genitalia, to the nearly 300 students who live in Drake at 11:46 p.m. Wednesday with the subject line, “You Gone Learn Today!!” [...] contents of the email [...] written by him but contained a short paper on the topic.

The 26-year-old Legiste has since learned that university officials have put a reprimand in his file, [...] emailed an apology Sunday night.

“I didn’t think it through,” [...] “For me, a large part of it was to start a conversation about gender equity.”

The email didn’t faze some students, although others found it offensive, and some parents called Legiste’s supervisors with strong objections, [...]

“I was wrong, and I take full responsibility,” said Legiste, who said he is paid about $32,000 a year for his job as hall director.

Legiste’s emailed apology said, [...] “My entire mission is to create a community in which people feel safe and welcomed.

“The email I sent out … was the antithesis of everything I want Drake to be. As your hall director, it is my job to role model appropriate behavior, inclusiveness and develop community,” he wrote.

“I failed you in all those aspects and more. This bad decision led to lots of hurt for many residents and it is important for me to acknowledge this,” wrote Legiste, who has an economics degree from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, and a master’s in higher education administration from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.

“We think the email was very inappropriate, and he has been reprimanded,” UW-La Crosse Chancellor Joe Gow said Monday. “He has issued an apology, and I think he has learned a lot from this about the proper forums for discussions of sexuality.”

Asked if Legiste would lose his job, Gow said: “I think firing would be an over-reaction.”

“Part of the challenge is that the news reporting can’t convey” how graphic the language is, Gow said. “I was pretty stunned by the headline and puzzled by the fact that he didn’t realize people would be offended.”

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_eddee29d-2255-5210-841d-89c9772f12e8.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when I realized the email was sent to college students and not, say, middle schoolers?

Or maybe I've been here for too long.:shrug:

I want to know what was so offensive. Whatever it was would probably make interesting reading! Men might learn something new. Now I'm getting horny just imagining what he could have said that was so offensive:D:)

Maybe a lot of the men or women for that matter mentioned the lack of being able to get women to get there or the females could've expressed that the boys don't know what they are doing and he thought he was giving them a life lesson.

Then again maybe he wanted the female population to know he is fully able, capable and knowledgeable in the area of orgasm.

Here's the terrible, horrible, disgusting, no good, sex letter he forwarded:

http://adequateman.deadspin.com/the-gentlemans-guide-to-making-her-come-without-using-y-1724883347

There are three basic tools for stimulating a clitoris without using your dick: fingers, tongues, and vibrators. It’s likely you’ll use a combination of at least two of them in any given session, although some men can find the the presence of a vibrator a bit emasculating, especially when it’s a 9-inch Goliath of a thing that whirs and swivels with taunting exactitude. Guys, there’s no need to feel dick envy over a vibrator: Your dick and her vibrator do different things (it vibrates!), and she is not comparing you to her toy, because no reasonable women expects a human dick to do the things that a vibrator does. Nor do they want it to!

Holy shit... they said DICK!! Later they say PUSSY!!

I love that a dude who appears to be wearing some sort of bizarre wooden popsicle stick/Italian ice spoon propeller bowtie felt compelled to share his expansive wealth of knowledge on how to please a woman.

Maybe he IS some sort of clit savant, I don't know... But if he is, he's wearing a damned great disguise to keep the girls from beating down his door.

There are three basic tools for stimulating a clitoris without using your dick: fingers, tongues, and vibrators. It’s likely you’ll use a combination of at least two of them in any given session, although some men can find the the presence of a vibrator a bit emasculating, especially when it’s a 9-inch Goliath of a thing that whirs and swivels with taunting exactitude. Guys, there’s no need to feel dick envy over a vibrator: Your dick and her vibrator do different things (it vibrates!), and she is not comparing you to her toy, because no reasonable women expects a human dick to do the things that a vibrator does. Nor do they want it to!

Well that was a let down. I was expecting some cussin'. But really and truly fellas, you need to read it and learn!

I love that a dude who appears to be wearing some sort of bizarre wooden popsicle stick/Italian ice spoon propeller bowtie felt compelled to share his expansive wealth of knowledge on how to please a woman.

Maybe he IS some sort of clit savant, I don't know... But if he is, he's wearing a damned great disguise to keep the girls from beating down his door.

My DH remarked, "He's got wood." :D

Well that was a let down. I was expecting some cussin'. But really and truly fellas, you need to read it and learn!

To be honest, I wish someone had shared that article with the meatheads I went to college with. Emailing the parents was his real mistake. :nana:

And since when are dick and pussy "pejorative"? I use those words all the time!

Here's the terrible, horrible, disgusting, no good, sex letter he forwarded:
There are some college students and their parents who need to put on a helmet.

Seriously, it's not as bad as they are making it out to be and he sent the email to adults.

Off-colored? Possibly. Creepy? Given his bow-tie, a bit yes. Termination worthy? Fuck no. Written reprimand worthy? Honestly, I think that was stupid too.

But really and truly fellas, you need to read it and learn!
People have said lots of demeaning things about me...why, some of you here even question my mentality...but, I have always been told that I give a really good tongue job. So maybe I'm doing one thing right in life.

People have said lots of demeaning things about me...why, some of you here even question my mentality...but, I have always been told that I give a really good tongue job. So maybe I'm doing one thing right in life.

Well, if there is just one thing you're doing right in life, this is a pretty damned good one to have nailed! :D

who has an economics degree from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, and a master’s in higher education administration

And he's working as a glorified RA in some random college? He's either a total nutter or he's simply some immature asswipe who doesn't want to give up the party hardy lifestyle he enjoyed when he actually attended school. I can't imagine how much of an obnoxious baffoon this guy must be around that campus. Either way, he certainly has no place in any institution of learning.

Termination worthy? Fuck no.

He's the dorm director. Seems like a pretty important position to me. A student should be able to feel safe and at least somewhat at home in their absurdly undersized college dorm room. The last thing any university should want is some unprofessional clown using his office to make jokes this wildly innappropriate, jokes that amount to sexual harrassment of essentially the entirety of the colleges resident students.

I wonder what all this position entails? Given incidents like school shootings and the propensity of sexual assaults on college campuses, i would think people would want and expect a dorm director to have his fucking shit together, know what to do in an emergency, know how to best encourage a healthy environment for his residents. This type of shit showcases someone shockingly immature and dangerously unprofessional, somebody without a lick of good sense. This is the type of employee a 15+ grand tuition affords? Given the way colleges in this country take advantage of misguided youths and folks who want to better themselves, they should be hiring and keeping nothing but the absolute best and brightest.

BTW, you folks can make comments all you want about how the verbiage in his email isn't that bad or offensive, how all the folks getting butthurt are just thin skinned prudes, but it's an entirely different situation when dirty jokes are being made in an environment/situation like this. College students are already at a greater risk for damn near everything, from accidents to sexual assaults. This type of behavior and this type of joking around, especially when done by someone on the payroll of the university, in a position of authority/leadership, sends a very dangerous message and creates an even riskier environment. Predators will often use similar shit in settings like this(very very common in the military as well) to target a victim. They throw out a dirty joke or pay attention when someone else does, and they wait and see if any females laugh at it, they notice the females who don't mind or who perhaps join in. They see this and they think, "jackpot!", she'll be an easy target, an easy lay. If she thinks that dirty joke was okay, she won't mind this, or this, or if i make this encroachment on what otherwise would be a definite no brainer societal boundary. It's date rape 101. It's how these assholes can trick themselves into believing that, "she wanted it".

Encouraging an environment where such jokes are prevalent and okay and whatnot only increases the ease with which fuckers can do this. And let's not forget the folks, no matter their gender, who will be made extremely uncomfortable when the dude who provides them their room keys invades their emails with sexual comments. Colleges are business, doing that to a customer in any other business is unheard of, especially when the offending employee faces such miniscule punishment.

A college campus, a dorm setting, is the last fucking place such "harmless" jokes should be encouraged, not by the folks running the place. It's easy to laugh off something like this given how we all joke around on the internet, but this type of shit is what creates the environment that can and does lead to some other not so funny stories we read here.

Or you know, you all could just keep shrugging it off, bashing uppity parents and faculty, and making oral sex boasts instead of approaching the topic with some amount of careful, meaningful analysis or thought. Cuz fuck it, he's got a funny bowtie right!!?!?! And college is for partayyyyysss!!!!!! Shit like this is the reason the big business of higher education in America is as profoundly fucked up as it is. No one in the public seems to give a shit about the constant outrageous tuition increases, about unprofessional bullshittery like this by the folks enjoying the benefits of those increases, about any of the laundry list of big problems.

God damn circus monkeys in here.

Who could take sex talk from a man wearing a wooden bow tie? But seriously he looks like a typical over educated fuck up who couldn't handle real life so he still works at a college.

BTW, you folks can make comments all you want about how the verbiage in his email isn't that bad or offensive, how all the folks getting butthurt are just thin skinned prudes, but it's an entirely different situation when dirty jokes are being made in an environment/situation like this. College students are already at a greater risk for damn near everything, from accidents to sexual assaults. This type of behavior and this type of joking around, especially when done by someone on the payroll of the university, in a position of authority/leadership, sends a very dangerous message and creates an even riskier environment. Predators will often use similar shit in settings like this(very very common in the military as well) to target a victim. They throw out a dirty joke or pay attention when someone else does, and they wait and see if any females laugh at it, they notice the females who don't mind or who perhaps join in. They see this and they think, "jackpot!", she'll be an easy target, an easy lay. If she thinks that dirty joke was okay, she won't mind this, or this, or if i make this encroachment on what otherwise would be a definite no brainer societal boundary. It's date rape 101. It's how these assholes can trick themselves into believing that, "she wanted it".
Am I devolving a crush on Jack:nailbiting:....I think I am!

At first I thought he looked goofy, like some adult version of Steve erkle.
Then I read the letter and now I'm thinking *he's kinda sexy*.

Back