• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Cameray

Man Beat 74-Year-Old Mother With Cast Iron Frying Pans: Police
A Larkfield man was arrested this afternoon on suspicion of attempting to kill his mother by beating her with several cast iron frying pans at their home Monday afternoon, a Sonoma County sheriff’s sergeant said.

The 74-year-old victim was violently attacked in a Larkfield home north of Santa Rosa that she shared with her 56-year-old son Robert Churich, Sgt. Cecile Focha said.

The woman went screaming for help to her neighbors’ house in the 200 block of Darbster Place and the neighbors called 911, Focha said.

Around 2:30 p.m. deputies found the woman bleeding from her face, neck and arms. She told deputies her son struck her repeatedly with a cast iron pan and left in her car, Focha said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital.

Churich became enraged and attacked his mother because she was demanding he move out of the house, Focha said. Churich hit his mother with three different cast iron frying pans as she lay helpless on the floor, and as he broke each pan during the assault he used another and left his mother for dead, Focha said.

The sheriff’s office issued a statewide alert for Churich and the stolen vehicle. They contacted Churich’s girlfriend Barbara Soiland who told deputies she had not seen him or the stolen car, Focha said.

Churich used his mother’s credit card at businesses in San Francisco early this morning, Focha said. Deputies were searching for the car this afternoon when a Healdsburg police officer spotted it driving slowly with two people inside on Healdsburg Avenue, Focha said. Deputies made a high-risk traffic stop, found Churich and Soiland in the car and arrested Churich without incident, Focha said.

Churich was booked in the Sonoma County Jail for attempted murder, elder abuse, criminal threats, false imprisonment, preventing his mother from using her cellphone to call police and vehicle theft, Focha said.

He is being held under $1.5 million bail and is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday afternoon in Sonoma County Superior Court.

Messages from Sonoma County Sheriff's Office : Nixle
Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office arrests man for viciously beating his elderly mother with frying pans

On October 5, 2015, at approximately 2:29PM, Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a report of a physical assault. They went to an address in the 200 block of Darbster Place in north Santa Rosa, the Larkfield area. Paramedics were there treating a seventy-four year old female suffering traumatic injuries. She had had been violently attacked and the suspect was no longer on scene.

The woman had blood covering her face, neck and arms. She told the Deputies that her 56 year old son, Robert Churich, had struck her repeatedly with a cast iron pan. He left the scene in her car. The woman was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment of her injuries.

Deputies spoke with neighbors who reported that the elderly woman came to their house screaming for help saying that her son had attacked her. The neighbors called 911.

Dispatch broadcast a statewide ‘Be On the Lookout’ for Churich and the stolen car. Deputies contacted his girlfriend, Barbara Soiland, but she hadn’t seen him or the car.

It was soon learned that Churich lives at the home with his elderly mother in the residence. She was demanding that he move out of her house. He became enraged and attacked her, eventually striking her repeatedly in the head with three different cast iron frying pans as she lay helpless on the floor. As he broke each upon her, he armed himself with another. He left her for dead and took off in her car.

The victim’s cell phone and credit cards were missing. It was discovered that Churich was using the card at various businesses in San Francisco in the early morning hours. Deputies continued to search for her car and this afternoon, around 1:08 PM, Healdsburg Police Officer spotted it driving slowly near the tracks at Healdsburg Avenue. There were two people inside the car.

Deputies quickly went to Healdsburg and conducted a high-risk traffic stop on the stolen car. In the car were Churich and Soiland. He was arrested without incident.

Churich was booked into Sonoma County jail for attempted murder, felony elder abuse, criminal threats, false imprisonment, obstructing the victim from using her cellular phone to call law enforcement and vehicle theft. His bail was set at $1,500,000.00 and he is scheduled to appear before a judge on Thursday October 8 at 1:30.

Report # 151005-025

Prepared by Sergeant Cecile Focha
Media Relations/ PIO

At least the son is definitely out of his mother's house now. That's the only bright side to the story. Maybe the inmates will whup his ass good when they know he's a mom beater. :devil:

Now there's an entitled child for you. He probably hasn't ever been spanked. Shit, living at mommy's house I'm shocked he has a girlfriend. Although I'm thinking his virginity is still entact.

Although I realize that 50 some years or sixty even, really isn't all that old. ( realizing this now that I'm getting "old") Am I the only one who pictured an old man all wrinkled and barely able to lift the cast iron pan to use against his frail mother, let alone break it, causing himself to fall to the floor with every swing. And then slowly picking himself back up for each swing ..... ? It looked quite comical in my cartoon image of the altercation. I'm not the best at describing shit but am I the only who thought this? I don't mean to sound insensitive but it almost seems comical on his part....not so much for his poor mother. But ...ya, you know?)

Hopefully mom doesn't feel obligated to see him or try to assist with him getting out of prison. At 56 it's time he learn his lesson.

Girlfriend needs to be arrested for lying. Also if she thinks she won't be next, she deluding herself, he's gonna smack the shit out of her when she tells him NO, too. If he can beat his mama, girfriend will be next.

Another genius who can't cut the (monetary) cord finally befouled by his own idiocy. "Hmm, if I beat mom hard enough, maybe she'll let me stay..." :rolleyes:

And fuck his fucked up girlfriend. Only an utter bitch would still hang out with a fucker who beat his own mother.

My mind is still reeling from the thought of him breaking several CAST IRON pans. I'm surprised it didn't kill her.

My mind is still reeling from the thought of him breaking several CAST IRON pans. I'm surprised it didn't kill her.
Yeah. The stuff is brittle, but it still takes some doing to break it. You won't break it without quite a bit of force.

--Al

I have two really nice cast iron skillets, this one:: and this one::::
l14sk3_t.jpg
l10cf3_t.jpg
I will admit just to my DD friends me an my husband have been in some knock down drag out fights, very violent he weighs about 255 and is six one i am five three and about 135 i think, I hope lol my ass gets a little bigger with age, but anyway I came so close one night of hitting him with one, so close but then I thought rationally, I really dont want to go to jail or be a featured story on Dreamin Demon, and I usually think before I act, so please no harsh comments this story just reminded me of that night. Thanks to anyone that is listening. He also has broke 3 pairs of my glasses off my face in the past 5 years which were "only" 500$ a piece. back tp the story Im suprised she didnt die those skillets are very heavy, glad she will be ok.

l14sk3_t.jpg
l10cf3_t.jpg
I will admit just to my DD friends me an my husband have been in some knock down drag out fights, very violent he weighs about 255 and is six one i am five three and about 135 i think, I hope lol my ass gets a little bigger with age, but anyway I came so close one night of hitting him with one, so close but then I thought rationally, I really dont want to go to jail or be a featured story on Dreamin Demon, and I usually think before I act, so please no harsh comments this story just reminded me of that night. Thanks to anyone that is listening. He also has broke 3 pairs of my glasses off my face in the past 5 years which were "only" 500$ a piece. back tp the story Im suprised she didnt die those skillets are very heavy, glad she will be ok.
Yup, not wanting to show up on here has calmed the cray cray.

l14sk3_t.jpg
l10cf3_t.jpg

Good for you for having the self-control to stop yourself before things entered the serious legal arena. I had a middle-aged woman in jail (great personality, excellent sense of humor, not your average, revolving door, Jailhouse Jane) who'd had enough of her husband of 20+ yrs. getting drunk and coming home in a mean, "hands-on" mood. So, one night (yep, you guessed it), he swung to light her up again and she opened his skull with a cast iron chicken fryer. He died in the ICU the next day. She was convicted of 2nd degree murder by a judge. She didn't want the taxpayers to have to waste money on a jury trial. Right out of the TC novels/shows/movies she'd just tear up and say, "I snapped. I just couldn't take it anymore."

I know right? I'm more shocked than surprised that it didn't kill her. DouchCunt. I hope he's beaten senseless every fucking day in prison.

I'm 59 I live with my mom. We bought the house together in 2012 after she fell while living alone in BFE eastern WA. I told her then she was not going to spend another winter there alone on 40 acres. So we bought this place in AZ. I moved down in 2014 to take care of her.

If you read about us on DD it'll be because she took a cast iron skillet to ME! JK -I Love my mom.

We bought the house together in 2012 after she fell while living alone in BFE eastern WA. I told her then she was not going to spend another winter there alone on 40 acres. So we bought this place in AZ. I moved down in 2014 to take care of her.
Your situation is different. And I think something the vast majority of us would do if we were in your shoes.

This guy, his mother asked him to move out which leads me to believe he wasn't there to help her but rather to sponge off her.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with living with your parents to help them but see everything wrong with being in your 50's (or 30's, 40's, etc.) and still leeching off your mom and/or dad.

I used to have a marble rolling pin I often thought about hitting my ex upside the head with. He was very abusive to me. I can't help but feel for this poor woman. She was not in any position to defend her self. I hope she heals and someone puts some extra dead bolts on her house so she feels safe. I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison for attempted murder. I think thats the only way she will ever feel safe from him again. I can't imagine the fear and intimidation she has been through with him living in the home.

This man's girlfriend...I have no words. How could she possibly condone and support him after what he did to his mother. She should be charged as well. I'm so tired of seeing grown ass men living off their parents and grandparents. Its rampant in our society today. Self entitled lazy asses.

I'm 59 I live with my mom. We bought the house together in 2012 after she fell while living alone in BFE eastern WA. I told her then she was not going to spend another winter there alone on 40 acres. So we bought this place in AZ. I moved down in 2014 to take care of her.

If you read about us on DD it'll be because she took a cast iron skillet to ME! JK -I Love my mom.
I hope you realize I distinguish between caring for a parent, and living a parasitic lifestyle.

I had a middle-aged woman in jail (great personality, excellent sense of humor, not your average, revolving door, Jailhouse Jane) who'd had enough of her husband of 20+ yrs. getting drunk and coming home in a mean, "hands-on" mood. So, one night (yep, you guessed it), he swung to light her up again and she opened his skull with a cast iron chicken fryer. He died in the ICU the next day. She was convicted of 2nd degree murder by a judge. She didn't want the taxpayers to have to waste money on a jury trial. Right out of the TC novels/shows/movies she'd just tear up and say, "I snapped. I just couldn't take it anymore."
Jeez. This story has really depressed me. Sent to jail for protecting herself. But thanks for sharing.

@reneelvsbrian - When I responded earlier, I debated on whether or not to include this, but chose not to as I didn't want you to feel I was being invasive and sticking my nose where it didn't belong. I know it took courage to share what you did and I'm glad you felt comfortable enough with us to do that. No judgement, no finger wagging or useless platitudes, no redundant Dear Abby advice to insult your intelligence. Just know my inbox is always open for whatever, whenever. <3

Jeez. This story has really depressed me. Sent to jail for protecting herself. But thanks for sharing.

Agreed. It is depressing. You'd think her biggest mistake was staying with an abusive drunk, or not starting a paper trail on him to record every time he beat the shit out of her (missing two teeth, crooked jaw from being broken/wired shut, septal deviation from a broken nose, various scars), but at the end of the day, all psychological reasons/judgements aside, her biggest mistake was living in Kansas, specifically our jurisdiction before they finally changed the DV laws and extended the Statute of Limitations on Sexual Assault and other related sex crimes. And trying to get a jury to buy Battered Women's Syndrome here, esp. when the victim has no MH treatment records or police reports, Restraining Orders, photos or any other objective documentation is all but impossible.

So many victims, largely females victimized by males, were calling the cops then refusing to let them take him (or her) away screaming, "I don't want to press charges! I love him (or her!)" that the cops' hands were tied. The DA's office wouldn't touch a DV case where the victim wouldn't file let alone support a complaint against their abuser unless it was ICU or Att. Murder severe, so they had no recourse from the county/state either. Now, in any situation (m/f, f/f, m/m) where the responding officer(s) deem it's a DV incident, he/she is taking somebody to jail, period - one or both persons (or more), and the victim cannot drop the charges unless they (the victim ) convinces the arraignment judge at first appearance it's not a pattern and/or it won't happen again.

So yeah, it's a little less depressing these days. If this woman had had the law on her side at the time she defended herself, she may well have been a free, happy woman today and her bastard of a husband would be the one sitting in prison.

What if none of them are nice people? What if mom is a crack head and screams GTFO, when she is tired of ghostbusting and needs more stones? Your son tried to kill you with cast iron frying pans...you're that lady...that's fucked up.

What if mom is a crack head and screams GTFO
A 74 year old crackhead? Have you seen many 74 year odl crackheads? Not just ones who look 74 but are actually 74?

Probably not, as crackheads tend not to live to the age 74 while still being crackheads. Drugs kill.

A 74 year old crackhead? Have you seen many 74 year odl crackheads? Not just ones who look 74 but are actually 74?

Probably not, as crackheads tend not to live to the age 74 while still being crackheads. Drugs kill.

I have seen some pretty old broads....<3

I had a middle-aged woman in jail (great personality, excellent sense of humor, not your average, revolving door, Jailhouse Jane) who'd had enough of her husband of 20+ yrs. getting drunk and coming home in a mean, "hands-on" mood. So, one night (yep, you guessed it), he swung to light her up again and she opened his skull with a cast iron chicken fryer. He died in the ICU the next day.

How was this ever not self-defence? :confused:

Back