• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
ROSEBURG, OR – Police have confirmed at least 15 people have been killed after someone opened fire at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College.

County commissioner Chris Boice, at least 15 to 20 people were shot injured in the mass shooting before the shooter was “brought down.” The only other information released about the shooter is that they are in custody.

A school official told reporters that shots were fired at Snyder Hall and that the school was immediately put on lock-down. Agents with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive, along with local police and emergency crews, are now at the 100-acre campus.

Students are being searched by authorities before being released from the school. They, along with faculty, are being bused to a nearby fairground where they can be picked up.

Roseburg is a city of about 22,000 people located about 70 miles south of Eugene, Oregon, and some 180 miles south of Portland. Umpqua Community College has a 100-acre campus with about 3,000 full time students and 16,000 part-time students.

Please feel free to provide updates in the comments as they come in.

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2015/10...-fire-umpqua-community-college/#ixzz3nLUzVZEa

I hate this guy, and I don't hate people, except a very small few like my step-dad, Piers I HATE! But I will steal this from him... #oregon! It's hard to type and cry at the same time dammit...

With so many of you guys from OR, I was half in tears worrying one of y'alls loved ones were/are involved. Gods, I hope not. {{{{ <3 }}}}

From the news desk of @Buffettgirl :

The latest from Foxnews

NR10115.jpg
Roseburg is a city of about 22,000 people located about 70 miles south of Eugene and about 180 miles south of Portland.

Umpqua Community College has about 3,000 students. Its website was down Thursday, and a phone message left at the school wasn't immediately returned.

"Today's shooting in Roseburg is a heartbreaking tragedy, and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families," Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-OR, said in a statement. "I want to extend my deepest gratitude to Roseburg's first responders for their work in responding to the event. Once we know more about what happened today, I plan to work with my colleagues in Congress to find ways to prevent tragedies such as these."

Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley also released a statement on the shooting.

"I am absolutely heartbroken by today's news," Merkley said. "I have been in touch with local officials to express my deepest condolences and offer my assistance in any way possible and I will continue to monitor this tragedy and its response.

"The hearts and thoughts of all Oregonians are with the victims, their families and the entire UCC and Roseburg communities."

The rural town of Roseburg lies west of the Cascade Mountains. The timber industry has struggled there, and authorities in recent years have tried to promote the area as a tourist destination for wine growing and outdoor activities.

"It's extremely concerning and sad," said Endi Hartigan, spokeswoman for the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/0...rt-shooter-at-community-college/?intcmp=hpbt1

UCC SHOOTING RAMPAGE: At least 13 reported dead including shooter | NRToday
A gunman opened fire at 10:38 this morning, injuring at least 20 people at Umpqua Community College. Early reports from the scene suggest he may have killed as many as 13 of them.

The identities of the shooter and the victims were unavailable at press time. At least 11 had been transported to Mercy Medial Center, according to Mercy spokeswoman Kathleen Nickel, and two of those died. One victim was life-flighted north. As many as 13 victims were dead and the alleged shooter was reportedly killed.

Kortney Moore, 18, from Rogue River, was in her Writing 115 class in Snyder Hall when one shot came through a window. She saw her teacher get shot in the head. The shooter was inside at that point, and he told people to get on the ground. The shooter was asking people to stand up and state their religion and then started firing away, Moore said. Moore was lying there with people who had been shot.

There are unconfirmed reports that the shooter had either been shot or had shot himself. An official confirmed that the shooter had been “neutralized.”

Brady Winder, 23, of Portland, said he was in the room next door when he heard a loud thud that didn’t sound like a gunshot. He then heard a percussion of gunshots and the students all fled out the front door.

They left “like ants, people screaming, “Get out!” Winder said.

He saw a girl swim across the creek while fleeing.

Hannah Miles was in a class room next door to the shooting in Snyder Hall. Miles said they heard a sound next door that sounded like a yardstick slapping on a chalkboard. Then they heard the noise again. A teacher went to see if everything was all right, at which point it went off repeatedly and someone said everybody get out now. They got out as quickly as possible. They left everything behind.

According to scanner reports, the suspect was down and multiple ambulances were on scene. Police cleared the science building.

The scene was pure chaos.

Jared Norman, a nursing student, said he heard shots and then everyone was running. He was locked down in the cafeteria with 50 other students. His voice shook as he described the scene. They didn’t know what was going on, and they were terrified.

Shortly before noon, UCC Foundation Executive Director Dennis O’Neill said, “We locked our door and I went out to lock up the rest rooms and could hear four shots from the front of campus. We have heard there are casualties but know nothing more at this stage.”

An automated phone call went out to parents at Roseburg School District, referencing the shooting and claiming the school was safe.

Sometime after noon, students’ cell phones were confiscated, then students were marched out one building at a time, hands up, patted down and lined up to be evacuated on buses.

About 200 people were waiting at the Douglas County Fairgrounds for students, who were being ferried there in buses. Red Cross grief counselors were available at the fairgrounds.

Camas Valley teacher Christian Bringhurst said his daughter Justine was on UCC campus at time of shooting. She was safely evacuated to the fairgrounds.

“It’s awful. The uncertainty of what is going on is tough to deal with. We have a dozen (Camas Valley) kids going to school out there. Trying to find out who is there and make sure everybody is OK. Our hearts going out to the victims,” Bringhurst said.

The FBI’s Portland Division is responding to the incident. Agents and specialty personnel are responding from the FBI offices in Medford, Eugene, Salem and Portland.

U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Springfield, issued a statement following the incident.

Read more HERE.

And another link that might be of interest...

CHILLING: Umpqua College Shooter POSTED WARNING on 4CHan Hours Before Attack!!

Gunman: ‘Stand Up and State Your Religion’, Oregon Witness Report, NYT Link Withdrawn

My kid and her boyfriend go to this school. She wasn't there, but he was. The shooting started in the class next to him. It was scary as fuck.

What the fuck is wrong with those people egging him on? I hope they track every last motherfucker that encouraged him to do it, and especially the one(s) who gave ACTUAL ADVICE on how to kill as many people as possible, and make them accessories after the fact. Or whatever the fuck they can charge them with. Oh, and publicly name them.

Some news posts are saying he is from Poland. Martin Suleki. Not positive that's his name,or where he is from.

Damn, every time this happens, your heart sinks, but sadly it's hardly shocking anymore. @Nell so happy your daughter wasn't there today and happy her boyfriend is ok. To all the people lost and the families who lost loved ones, my heart goes out to you.

Absolutely everything you need to know to understand 4chan, the Internet’s own bogeyman

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-understand-4chan-the-internets-own-bogeyman/

Eh, that article is a bit silly. 4chan is a great place, it's been my home base for 10 years. It's only ever /b/ or /r9k/ or /pol/ who get in trouble, and 99% of the time it's just trolls trolling trolls. Besides, that Elliot Rodger kid posted all his stuff on a body builder forum - attention seeking idiots will post their rants and 'warnings' regardless, 4chan just makes it easy because you don't need to sign in (and people think they are guaranteed anonymous, which they are not).

Horrible to see yet another shooting. There's no end to it anymore...

Wasn't going to mention that Nell and another member were close by, but since Nell released that info herself, I needn't worry.
I hit up the other member on FB. she's also good, albeit freaked out.
I can't imagine, Nell. So glad you and yours are safe.

Can someone more adept than I am at this posting stuff post a transcript of Sheriff Hanlin's update from this evening please. The man has it SO right, and I think it needs to be illuminated until everyone gets it! Thanks in advance!
<3

Is this the part you're referring to?

Hanlin said he has a perfectly good reason to not publicize the shooter.

"I will not name the shooter," Hanlin said Thursday. "I will not give him the credit he probably sought prior to this horrific and cowardly act. You will never hear me mention his name. We would encourage media to avoid using it, to not repeat it. We encourage you not to glorify and create sensationalism for him. He in no way deserves this. Focus your attention on the victims, on the families, helping them get through this difficult time."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/oregon-shooting-sheriff-john-hanlin/index.html

What the fuck is wrong with those people egging him on? I hope they track every last motherfucker that encouraged him to do it, and especially the one(s) who gave ACTUAL ADVICE on how to kill as many people as possible, and make them accessories after the fact. Or whatever the fuck they can charge them with. Oh, and publicly name them.

Cuz fuckin around on the net is a crime. Give me a break. It's a shocking and sad incident but let's try to stay rational shall we.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/chris...acebook-randleman-north-carolina-stop-gunman/

Mintz was working at the local YMCA in Oregonand was studying to be a fitness trainer, his cousin told The Daily Beast.

This factoid makes this story all the more depressing. Fitness trainer? Wow. What a waste of fucking time and resources. This guy got horribly wounded while doing something that worthless. Makes you wonder how many of these other victims were wasting their lives doing something utterly pointless when this occurred, all the more crushing to think these young people werne't even killed/injured whilst doing something of actual value, but instead playing victim to Americas dimwitted obsession with higher education.

Great inspirational side of this darkness otherwise though, this Chris Mintz guy.

Last edited:
@JackBurton ~ I appreciate your opinion, but I'm gonna stick with mine. :D People get in trouble all the time for the shit they say online. I think that some of those people should be held accountable for what they said. But it's only my opinion. Don't go all crazy on me K?

Last edited:

Before the fact, surely? Though I believe one usually has to contribute something a bit more material than general advice on tactics for that.

Roseburg Newspaper Publisher Delivers Brutal Message to Obama Ahead of President’s Plans to Visit Shooting Victims’ Families [VIDEO]
The publisher of a local newspaper in Roseburg, Oregon, says President Barack Obama isn’t welcome there.

Obama will travel to Roseburg on Friday to meet with victims’ families one week after a gunman fatally shot nine people on the campus of Umpqua Community College.

David Jaques, the publisher of the conservative Roseburg Beacon, said on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor” Monday that if Obama makes the trip, he will be “standing on the corpses” of those who died in the mass shooting.

“Well, I think the president, first of all, is not welcome in the community,” Jaques said. “And that isn’t just my opinion. We’ve talked to dozens upon dozens of citizens, some family members of the victims, our elected officials.”

Jaques referred to Obama’s White House news conference on Friday in which the president said of the shooting, “this is something we should politicize.” Obama renewed his call for stricter gun control measures, calling on Congress, governors and state legislators to act on the gun control issue.

“Now he wants to come to our community to stand on the corpses of our loved ones to make some kind of a political point and it isn’t going to be well-received,” Jaques said.

Stacy Boylan, father of Umpqua Community College shooting survivor Ana Boylan, said that President Obama's visit to Roseburg, Oregon, on Friday is all about pushing his gun-control agenda.

Father of Oregon shooting survivor is against Obama's visit [VIDEO]

Back