• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
CANON CITY, Colo. (AP) — A mother and her two young children were killed and a 31-year-old family friend was arrested on suspicion of murder after the woman's teenage daughter fled their home Sunday night and called police to report a sexual assault in Canon City, Colo.

The victims included a 5-year-old boy, a 9-year-old girl and their 35-year-old mother.Police Sgt. Shannon Byerly said Monday that Jaacob Vanwinkle is facing charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. He was arrested at the home where the bodies were found. Vanwinkle appeared in court Monday and was denied bond.

Police were responding to a report of a sexual assault from the 15-year-old girl when they found the bodies. Byerly said the girl had been raped. She escaped and ran to a neighbor's home to notify police.

"This is a very, very tragic event. It's a very, very horrific crime," said police Chief Paul Schultz.

The girl was taken to a hospital, where she was treated and released. None of the victims has been identified.
http://huffpost.com/us/entry/4940694/

Good lord. Assaulted AND her family is gone. Poor thing. My heart is broken for her.

I wonder if she knew he was hurting her family, or if he did that because she ran?

Sick prick. Hope he rots.

Wow! Simply Wow.
I really hope that young girl is going to be able to get the many levels of therapy she's going to need.

It sounds like he eliminated her entire family to get to her. Wow...like a plot out of a psycho thriller movie...I hope she gets the help and love she needs to get through this ordeal. How awful to lose her entire family in such a horrific way. Glad they caught this monster. So sad when children find out there really are bogey men out there.

im8e21.jpg

Jaacob Vanwinkle​
[....]
The victims included a 5-year-old boy, a 9-year-old girl and their 35-year-old mother, who were found in a home in Canon City, about 115 miles south of Denver.

Police Sgt. Shannon Byerly said Monday that Jaacob Vanwinkle is facing charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. He was arrested at the home where the bodies were found.
[....]
Police were responding to the neighbor's report that the 15-year-old girl had been assaulted when they found the bodies. Byerly said the girl had been raped.

"This is a very, very tragic event. It's a very, very horrific crime,"
[...]
The girl was taken to a hospital, where she was treated and released. None of the victims has been identified.
[...]
Canon City school staff brought grief counselors to area
schools for friends and teachers of the children, police said.

The Denver Post reported that Vanwinkle was sentenced in 2004 to four years in prison in Indiana for child molestation and vicarious sexual gratification. He received a two-year term in 2007 in Indiana for child molestation and, in 2012, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence in Fremont County, Colorado, where Canon City is located, the newspaper said.
http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stori...her-15yearold-daughter-police-say-13956.shtml

His mother should be slapped for spelling his name with two As.

The Denver Post reported that Vanwinkle was sentenced in 2004 to four years in prison in Indiana for child molestation and vicarious sexual gratification. He received a two-year term in 2007 in Indiana for child molestation and, in 2012, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence in Fremont County, Colorado, where Canon City is located, the newspaper said.

Yes, he seems to be rehabilitated. Let's let him out again.:penguin:

Poor girl. I hope she has relatives to take her in. Too bad the Mom let this psycho into their lives.

31-year-old family friend

Vanwinkle was sentenced in 2004 to four years in prison in Indiana for child molestation and vicarious sexual gratification. He received a two-year term in 2007 in Indiana for child molestation and, in 2012, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence
What a fabulous human being to not only befriend but also have around your children.

God, I hope that Mom had no idea and was simply too trusting to have checked him out first and not that she just didn't care.

Lots of pedophiles have never been charged or caught. Although, you can stop them from meeting (and cut yourself off as well) some who were already charged and/or convicted.

Lots of pedophiles have never been charged or caught. Although, you can stop them from meeting (and cut yourself off as well) some who were already charged and/or convicted.
And this "family friend" had multiple convictions as well as jail and/or prison stays.

I'm just saying, even searching court records wouldn't pull up something people haven't been convicted on.

And she probably was naive about him, but it could be that she did look him up and he gave her a false last name and she found nothing. I mean, do you also ask to see their ID's?

It sounds like he eliminated her entire family to get to her. Wow...like a plot out of a psycho thriller movie...I hope she gets the help and love she needs to get through this ordeal. How awful to lose her entire family in such a horrific way. Glad they caught this monster. So sad when children find out there really are bogey men out there.
I am so twisted with my girls about this.. do you tell them what the worlds about or let the innocence last!?! I tell them bad people look just like me.. just like a grandparent or a dad.. the most deadly men 'look' normal.. my mom and me had this fight recently.. my daughter only 12 was left alone with a contractor.. she called and said mom I am outside come get me.. my mom of course didnt understand.. the next day my mom called me to come get her and when she was in the car my mom pops off.. I dont know what her problem is he is clean-cut and has a repital business.. I said.. John Wayne Gacy was mayor and worked as a clown for kids birthdays.. didnt stop him for torturing killing and burying bodies under stuff like his front porch.. she said nothing.. but her face was like.. who the f'k is he.. stupidity.. :confused:

Newly-released court documents are revealing details about the alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl and the killings of her mother, brother and sister in southern Colorado.

A sex offender from Indiana, Jaacob Vanwinkle, is charged in the March 9 sexual assault and triple slaying in Canon City.

Citing an arrest affidavit released on Friday,
[....]
reported that the 16-year-old girl said she was able to flee her home after Vanwinkle assaulted her for the second time because he passed out after taking some of her mother's pills.
She told authorities her family members were tied up in the garage, but officers found their bodies in a bedroom in the house.
[...]
Vanwinkle faces charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. A judge told him he could face the death penalty if convicted.

The charges were the latest in a violent criminal history that spans a decade and at least two states
Vanwinkle had been required to register as a sex offender since 2004, when he was convicted in Indiana of child molestation and other sex crimes involving girls as young as five and seven.

After moving from Indiana to Colorado, he was required to register four times a year. He was supposed to report to the sheriff's office of Colorado's Fremont County, where Canon City is located, on March 4 but never showed up,
[...]
Pinover said the law gives sex offenders a five-day grace period, so a judge would not have signed a warrant until Monday, the day after the slayings. Vanwinkle was also wanted in another Colorado county on suspicion of violating a protection order, Pinover said.

'He was already wanted, and nobody knew where he was,' he said.
[...]
Court records show relatives were concerned about Vanwinkle from an early age.

A relative who lived with Vanwinkle told police after his 2004 arrest for child molestation that she wasn't surprised.

The woman told officers 'she was afraid something like this was going to happen' because he had 'problems with exposing and fondling himself' since he was 16 and arrested in a grocery store parking lot, according to police reports.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Colorado-triple-slaying.html#ixzz30sonboKB

Murder suspect expected to plead guilty for triple slaying
31-year-old man suspected of killing a mother and her two young children in a Cañon City home is expected to plead guilty.

The Cañon City Daily Record reports a motion filed Wednesday states Jaacob Van Winkle wants to plead guilty to all charges against him, including multiple counts of murder, kidnapping and sexual assault.
[...]
http://www.fox21news.com/news/story.aspx?id=1062616#.U6uSFbGmU1I

He murdered them after she ran for help. How pointless, since someone who could identify him had already escaped.

Again, what gives him the right to live? First off, why was this baby raper even out of prison to begin with? Been acting out sexually since he was 16, TWO sexual assault convictions (God only knows how many he DIDN'T get caught with), and failed to register. NOW, he has killed three people and while this young lady grieves over the loss of her family and violation against herself, this rat-shit, worthless man is living out his life in prison. Get his ass on death row and put a rush on his number.

I hope he got life without parole, and not just life. He deserves the death penalty. It pisses me off that people can plead out.

This reminds me of the Hannah Anderson case.

A sex offender from Indiana was sentenced Monday to three consecutive life terms for sexually assaulting a teenage girl and killing her mother, brother and sister in southern Colorado.

Jaacob Van Winkle won't be eligible for parole under the sentence handed down in Canon (KAN'-yen) City under a deal he reached with prosecutors. He did not face the death penalty.

Van Winkle pleaded guilty in June to the March killings and assault. The Associated Press isn't identifying the victims to protect the identity of the 16-year-old girl who was sexually assaulted. Family members wept as they addressed the judge.

According to Van Winkle's arrest affidavit, the girl told police she was able to escape the man after he assaulted her because he passed out from drinking and taking some of her mother's prescription pills. The girl ran to a neighbor, who called 911.

The teen told authorities her relatives were tied up in a garage, and officers later found their bodies in a bedroom of the house, bound and gagged with socks and packing tape.

The arrest affidavit said officers found Van Winkle in a different bedroom. He initially told them he watched TV at the home, left to get methamphetamine from a friend and returned to find the bodies but decided not to call police because he was a fugitive.

The girl said her mother and Van Winkle had broken up about two weeks before the killings and assault.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/29/jaacob-van-winkle_n_5903468.html

I'm sure she was in a state of panic but that would be a horrific realization to think she could've saved her family, since he was passed out. Not blaming her at all, just sayin' ...

Latest posts

Back