• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Maykayla-Dyer.jpg

WHITE PINE, TN — Police have an 11-year-old boy in custody after they say he shot an 11-year-old neighbor with his father’s shotgun after an argument over a puppy.

According to reports, police responding to a shooting call at a trailer park found McKayla Dyer on the ground with a single gunshot wound to the chest. She would be rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Witnesses told police that the shooter was Dyer’s next-door-neighbor, an 11-year-old boy, who used his father’s 12-gauge shotgun from inside his home.

The fifth-grader was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in juvenile court. A detention hearing is scheduled for Monday and a judge will later determine if the boy will be charged as an adult.

Police have not releases a motive, but neighbors say that Dyer and the boy had been arguing about a puppy moments before the shooting occurred.

"Wanting to see a puppy, the little girl laughed and told him no…and that was it," said neighbor Chasity Arwood.

Sheriff Bud McCoig said the shooting happened in a neighborhood where all the children know and play together. He also said it is not known if the boy, who is the youngest of his five siblings, suffers from any mental problems.

Dyer's mother told reporters that the boy bullied her daughter in the past.

"When we first moved to White Pine, the little boy was bullying McKayla," said Latasha Dyer. "He was making fun of her, calling her names just being mean to her, I had to go the principal about him and he quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her."

VIDEO HERE: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2015/10/05/boy-11-accused-killing-8yearold-girl-shotgun-puppy/

This hurts my heart for this little girl and her family. Having said that, what is wrong with a child who thinks that picking up a gun and shooting anyone is okay? I know, y'all don't know either.

I grew up around guns. My Dad was a gunsmith. I handled guns, bullets, etc. all the time. I never would have even considered shooting anyone, even when I was in a rage. What is wrong with these kids?

Fucking murderers keep getting younger and younger. But then, what to expect in a country that has turned incarceration into an industry to further profit corporations and their political cronies?

^ This.

It does make me question what was going on behind closed doors to incite such rage so young, but based on some of the shit I read here, I'm starting to think hell's minions are just incarnating more frequently.

I grew up around guns. My Dad was a gunsmith. I handled guns, bullets, etc. all the time. I never would have even considered shooting anyone, even when I was in a rage. What is wrong with these kids?
This.

Seriously, I also grew up around guns, loaded, all the time. I knew how to shoot at a young age and in order to be able to do that I got to learn how powerful a gun could be. My Dad let me plunk at a full milk jug with my BB gun (I was 4), then he took out his 44 and shot it, blew the back off the Goddamn thing, colored water everywhere.

It was an effective visual. I always knew the power behind a bullet.

Today many kids are around guns without realizing the power they have. Many think that what happens in their video games or in movies and on TV.

So 8 or both 11? I feel mass killing in video games has torched the minds of young kids
Seeing it in a movie and actually doing it all day long in video games is very different

This.

Seriously, I also grew up around guns, loaded, all the time. I knew how to shoot at a young age and in order to be able to do that I got to learn how powerful a gun could be. My Dad let me plunk at a full milk jug with my BB gun (I was 4), then he took out his 44 and shot it, blew the back off the Goddamn thing, colored water everywhere.

It was an effective visual. I always knew the power behind a bullet.

Today many kids are around guns without realizing the power they have. Many think that what happens in their video games or in movies and on TV.

IDK about you, but Daddy would've wore me out if I had even looked like I was thinking of touching a gun without asking him first, right then and there. I'm not condoning abusing a child in any way. Y'all know how I feel about that. But, shouldn't kids have a healthy fear of what their parents will do to them if they do something really bad? I did. From what I've read, lots of y'all did too. We're not damaged by the fact that our parents set limitations and the consequences of breaking those limits, despite experts who say it's damaging. I was never truly afraid of my parents. I knew they loved me, but I knew they'd kill me dead as a doornail if I did something awful too.

Also, on the subject of video games, I played Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat and still knew you shouldn't run around hitting people. It's not that they don't know, it's that they think there are no consequences. Everything I just said was only my opinion. Not saying I'm right. It's just what I think.

I played Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat and still knew you shouldn't run around hitting people. It's not that they don't know, it's that they think there are no consequences.
Exactly.

Too many parents are relying on video games and other electronics to parent for them. Their children are lacking from actual parental guidance. And too many parents have birthed precious snowflakes that they refuse to discipline and won't allow anyone else to either.

Nothing wrong with respecting your parents, everything wrong with NOT respecting your parents.

“We transported his whole family to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office for interviewing. The family was cooperative. The boy was cooperative about going to the sheriff’s office only,” McCoig says, noting that his father invoked the child’s right to have a lawyer present during questioning as soon as police attempted to speak with him. The boy’s parents agreed to be interviewed.

The 11-year-old is being held in a Knox County juvenile detention center pending the family retaining the services of an attorney.

The 11-year-old allegedly used his father’s 12 gauge single-shot shotgun. “In Tennessee, you don’t have to register your firearms but when you go buy one; you have to pass the background check. This was a common shotgun used for hunting. The father could legally purchase the gun,” the sheriff explains. It remains unclear how the boy found the shotgun or whether he had been trained to use a gun.

Dyer’s family is not currently pursuing civil action against the boy’s family. “They’re just angry.” the sheriff says. “They’re angry at the loss of their child. They want him prosecuted. We’re doing everything we can to do what’s legally and rightfully possible, what we are supposed to by law.”

A juvenile trial date has been set for October 28, but the sheriff is bringing a motion in hopes of moving the case to an adult court. If the 11-year-old is tried as an adult and found guilty, he could be sentenced to life in prison but would escape the possibility of the death penalty because of his age.

Moving this unusual case from juvenile to adult court would be no easy feat, according to Tennessee attorney Nathan Luna. “They would have to show that an 11-year-old committed a crime that was premeditated and calculated: That this just wasn’t just two kids playing around, not just an 11-year-old who got mad,” Luna tells Newsweek.
http://www.newsweek.com/11-year-old-faces-murder-charge-after-shooting-8-year-old-380159

Last edited:
I know Americas are all about the right to own a gun but as far as I can tell having a gun in my home is more dangerous than it is protection. In order to keep my kids safe I would have to have it locked away, unloaded and up high. The chances of me getting to it, unlocking it and loading it before some guy breaks in my house is pretty slim. More likely one of my kids would get curious and it is just not worth it.

You have the right to own a gun in this Country but please protect the kids you made first and foremost, not your "rights". Did you see the photo of her puppy waiting for her to come on on the steps of the trailer with the flowers.... Come on.

11-year-old Tennessee boy shoots 8-year-old girl over argument about puppy
The boy took the shotgun out of a closet, where it was kept unlocked, McCoig said. His father, who obtained the weapon legally, has not been charged, McCoig said. The only other firearm in the home is a BB gun.

The father told police he had taken the boy out hunting several times, McCoig said.

The young gunman is one of six siblings, who range in age from 8 to 12. The family has not had any "major issues" with the law, McCoig said.

Services set for 8-year-old White Pine shooting victim [VIDEO]

UPDATED STORY: (WBIR - WHITE PINE) The family of an 8-year-old White Pine girl who authorities say was shot and killed by an 11-year-old neighbor will receive friends Wednesday night.

MaKayla Dyer died Saturday night, according to Jefferson County Sheriff Bud McCoig, after the boy shot her with a shotgun in the chest. Deputies were called to Robin Road in White Pine around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

She attended second grade at White Pine Elementary School, the same school attended by the boy, according to McCoig.

The family will receive friends 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, and funeral services will follow at Cooke-Campbell Mortuary Chapel.

Interment will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Haun Cemetery in Luttrell.

The family is asking that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to help with funeral expenses at Cooke-Campbell Mortuary in Maynardville. Read more HERE.

A kid like this is a lost cause, they need to lock him up and throw away the key. He should never experience freedom again.

So 8 or both 11? I feel mass killing in video games has torched the minds of young kids
Seeing it in a movie and actually doing it all day long in video games is very different

Pure bullshit. Violent crime rate among juveniles dropped to a 32-year low in 2013, while video games are one of, if not the biggest entertainment genres among juveniles. So I would argue that video games have help reduce the crime rate among juveniles.

More likely one of my kids would get curious and it is just not worth it.
Then don't hide it from them all the time like it's some national treasure.

I have numerous guns in my house, hunting rifles, shotguns and handguns. No gun safe, and 2 handguns are always loaded. The number of times my 4 children have touched them wihtout permission? Exactly zero.

We target shoot as a family, the boys who want to hunt do. They have no reason to seek the guns out to "play" with when all they have to do is ask and we'll go out target shooting.

The loaded weapons are not sitting out in plain sight and if another child that I have not raised is in my home then the guns are locked in my bedroom, but if it's just my family, they're all there.

Exposing your child to having a gun in the house with the proper education and training about it isn't going to make your child more likely to go out and start shooting people. Knowledge doesn't make them curious, ignorance about them does,.

Then don't hide it from them all the time like it's some national treasure.

I have numerous guns in my house, hunting rifles, shotguns and handguns. No gun safe, and 2 handguns are always loaded. The number of times my 4 children have touched them wihtout permission? Exactly zero.

We target shoot as a family, the boys who want to hunt do. They have no reason to seek the guns out to "play" with when all they have to do is ask and we'll go out target shooting.

The loaded weapons are not sitting out in plain sight and if another child that I have not raised is in my home then the guns are locked in my bedroom, but if it's just my family, they're all there.

Exposing your child to having a gun in the house with the proper education and training about it isn't going to make your child more likely to go out and start shooting people. Knowledge doesn't make them curious, ignorance about them does,.

This! I wish I could hit agree more than once.

Why is there a question of premeditated murder? I assume he would have had to go home and get the gun then return to where the girl was to shoot her. How is that questionable? No way that kid had a 12 gauge on his hip, right then and there and reacted poorly.

I Have numerous guns in my house, hunting rifles, shotguns and handguns. No gun safe, and 2 handguns are always loaded. The number of times my 4 children have touched them wihtout permission? Exactly zero

That you KNOW of. It only takes one time and kids are not exactly known for their great judgement. I am all for people's right to own a weapon. It is just not for me or my family. I respect your choice to exercise your rights. Please accept my decision to keep my children from guns.

I'm not sure about anyone else but if this kid is doing things that corporal punishment can't resolve then I applaud this mother for thinking outside the box.

Please accept my decision to keep my children from guns.
I didn't say for you to run out and buy guns, not real sure how you got that from my post.

I was simply pointing out that all households with guns don't have them locked up all the time and our kids aren't out shooting people.

Isn't putting him in girl's clothes to "humiliate" him just reinforcing his homophobic beliefs?

Trying to get him to stop being homophobic by getting other kids to make fun of him for dressing "gay" doesn't seem like a very effective way of stopping his behaviour.

It appears he shot her from inside his home which is right next door to hers...am I reading that correctly?

My condolences to friends and family.

(Please charge this little bastards father with a crime. Had the gun been locked up, this would not have happened. Way to go, dad, you fucked up 2 lives.)

In some places parents are charged with a crime when an underaged person gets an unsecured gun and commits a crime with it.

^^^
That the dog that caused the whole mess. What a little bitch.

Knowledge can be used to make them hate guns actually. You make a kid memorize all the parts, you quiz him constantly on the mechanics and identification and so forth, you make him thoroughly break down, clean, inspect, rebuild, etc. a gun every single time he uses it, he'll start to fucking hate the damn things. There's FAR better ways of teaching a dipshit kid how not fun guns are than merely telling him they're dangerous.

Actually Jack, I do agree with you, Knowledge is power and takes the mystery away from an object, teach them, don't just say don't touch that, that automatically makes little (and big) people want to do exactly what you don't want them to do.

Pure bullshit. Violent crime rate among juveniles dropped to a 32-year low in 2013, while video games are one of, if not the biggest entertainment genres among juveniles. So I would argue that video games have help reduce the crime rate among juveniles.

The force is strong with the video game lobbyist, pay to fund surveys and get the results you want
You get what you pay for

The exclusion of violent video games from the legislation being considered on Capitol Hill reflects in part the growing influence of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), the video game industry's chief lobbying arm in Washington.

The ESA has spent more than $18 million on lobbying over the past four years. Since the Newtown, Conn.,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/video-game-lobby_n_3046533.html

Follow the Money: The Entertainment Software Association Attack on Video Game Regulation

http://www.academia.edu/2021684/Fol...e_Association_Attack_on_Video_Game_Regulation

Last edited:
Back