• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A mother and her one-year-old son were found dead in their apartment, with her two-year-old boy left scavenging for food and water.

Erika Tomassian and her adopted baby Michael had been lying lifeless for two days at the 1600 block on North Fuller Avenue in Los Angeles.

Her other son, Nathan, was found alive in the flat suffering from severe dehydration.

A worried neighbor, who hadn't heard from Miss Tomassian for days and could hear Nathan crying, phoned the police.

The Los Angeles Police Department had to break into the second floor home yesterday, where they found Miss Tomassian and Michael dead.

Miss Tomassian, who is in her mid-40s had been treated from bronchitis and police believe she may have died from complications of her illness.

She was feeding Michael at the time in her kitchen when she collapsed.

The baby, who was found strapped into a high chair, had choked on the food and died.

LAPD Lt John Jenal told KTLA5: 'What adds tragedy to this is that this woman had just opened up her heart and her home to these two boys and adopted them.

'We do know from a person that was actually checking up on her that she had had a medical condition a few days prior, but was released from a hospital '
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3261760/Mother-son-lay-dead-apartment-boy-two-days.html

We do know from a person that was actually checking up on her that she had had a medical condition a few days prior, but was released from a hospital
Damn.

Why couldn't there have been someone who could have stayed with her while she was recovering?

Not blaming her friends and/or family, she may have none local to her, rather just wishful thinking/hindsight.

Wow - what a truly tragic turn of events. Heartbreaking. I hope the wee one that survived is able to heal and a new family finds it in their hearts to give him a forever home.

It's so hard to think tragedies like this just happen.
... after seeing so much foul play everywhere :shrug: what an awful situation :(

I hope the two year didn't plan this then carry out the plan. Two year old can be so devious. :shifty: They can't be trusted. I wonder if he's been questioned.. .

Terrible story out of Los Angeles. At least one child survived. Video coverage at the link:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/06/toddl...ter-mum-and-brother-die-in-apartment-5425002/

A toddler survived for days after his mother collapsed and died at their Hollywood home alongside his one-year-old brother.

Erika Tomassian, believed to be in her 40s, was found on Monday alongside her son who had choked on food, say police.

A second boy was found moving around the apartment in search of food severely dehydrated.

The body of the one-year-old, Michael, was found strapped into a chair.

Neighbours were alerted after hearing two-year-old Nathan crying.

Tomassian had recently been treated for bronchitis and may have died from complications from the illness, according to police.

Police say they are not investigating any suspicious circumstances.​

Poor kid! This is horrible! It sounds a little weird that they baby choked on food and died right after the woman did...I mean, I know babies can choke and stuff, but if he was strapped in a high chair I would think that he would be eating stuff that babies normally eat. Stuff that's not as easy to choke on. I think my 6 year old may have inhaled a gerber graduate yogurt melt thing when she was a baby, but I wouldn't really call it choking. She just coughed it up! I'm not saying I think the mom did something to the kid at all. Maybe I'm missing something, but I could see the baby dying from dehydration or something since the mom apparently died first.

Poor kid! This is horrible! It sounds a little weird that they baby choked on food and died right after the woman did...I mean, I know babies can choke and stuff, but if he was strapped in a high chair I would think that he would be eating stuff that babies normally eat. Stuff that's not as easy to choke on. I think my 6 year old may have inhaled a gerber graduate yogurt melt thing when she was a baby, but I wouldn't really call it choking. She just coughed it up! I'm not saying I think the mom did something to the kid at all. Maybe I'm missing something, but I could see the baby dying from dehydration or something since the mom apparently died first.

Hmmm, maybe he didn't die right away? It's possible his big brother was trying to "help" after mommy died and gave him something he couldn't chew/swallow? So sad.

Hmmm, maybe he didn't die right away? It's possible his big brother was trying to "help" after mommy died and gave him something he couldn't chew/swallow? So sad.
Yep, very possible that it happened that way. I don't like the picture that left in my head, tho! Poor big brother trying to feed the hungry baby!!! Awwww!

Also very possible that the baby just started cramming everything in his mouth since mom wasn't there to hand him cheerios or whatever it was he had on his high chair one at a time. For some reason that never crossed my mind until now!! It's been a LONG day! Lol.

Last edited:
Or him choking and her running to help him could have set off a medical emergency in her, heart attack/stroke etc

I am shocked they don't toss in "she died doing what she loved" I hate that. How is it better in anyway?

Back