• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Woohooo! So glad this turned out the way it did! :D Click on the link for the 911 call of the person discovering her and a pic of the very cute baby girl.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/i-found-baby-rainn-ohio-toddler-rescued-after-two-days-n438766

A 2-year-old Ohio girl was found alive in a field Sunday night — two days after she was reported missing from her great-grandparents' home.

A volunteer searcher spotted the toddler, Rainn Peterson, about a half-mile from the house and called 911.

"I found baby Rainn and she's alive," the man told the dispatcher, according to a recording of the call obtained by NBC affiliate WKYC. "She's got flies all over her, but she's okay."

Then, to the girl, the searcher said, "I'm coming honey...You're okay, sweetheart. I swear you're gonna be okay."

During the call, Rainn could be heard crying in the background.

"Is that her I hear? OK, I hear her. Oh, I just got goosebumps," the dispatcher said.

"Oh my God, me too," the caller replied. "I couldn't give up on this kid. Thank God."

The search began Friday night, when Rainn was reported missing from her home in North Bloomfield, Ohio, where she'd last been been playing with her two siblings, Trumbull County Sheriff Thomas Altiere told WKYC.

Altiere said he'd grown worried on Saturday that the girl wouldn't survive.

After she was found, Rainn was taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Warren, Ohio, where she was "as fine as can be expected," WKYC reported.​

So she was just out alone playing at 2 and just wondered off? Great grandparents are too busy watching wheel of fortune to watch her? Kinda peeves me a bit

Wow wouldn't be trusting that rescuer at all. They need to look into him, check his computer.

Thanks, @Oberle , so good to see this story! Love that guy, and hearing the 911 call gave me goosebumps too. So glad she was found, and I hope she recovers from her ordeal quickly.

I am thrilled beyond words that Baby Rainn was found! This poor baby was alone for 2 days- scared, hungry, cold, and covered in bugs when they found her. BUT SHE IS ALIVE!! Thank God.

I have questions though..

When they found her and got her to a hospital, why wasn't mom allowed to be there? To see her, and comfort her, and love her? Mom wasn't even the one with the baby when she disappeared. To have a missing child has to be one of the worst fears to ever experience. I myself, cannot imagine the horror. To then be told she couldn't be with her child makes me wonder what else is going on...

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...om-they-wont-let-me-see-my-daughter/73390198/

Then looking a little bit further:

The great grandparents are going to court today, to seek custody of Rainn. Is this the same great grandparents she was with when she went missing? Why on Gods green earth, do they think that's what's best? Especially since she went missing while in THEIR care? Why isn't she going home with mom? And then seriously? The people who lost her are asking for custody? How does that even make ANY sense??

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30192263/mom-sees-rainn-peterson-great-grandparents-seek-custody

There HAS TO BE alot more going on than is being said? This has WTF written all over it to me now! This isn't standard or normal when kids go missing and are then found alive, is it?

So many questions that I now have...

Seems that the mother has other children who she just got custody back of but they are staying with their grandparents.

Looking at her pictures I get the feeling that she has an active addiction or is recently clean.

There's a reason she didn't have her kids, still doesn't and has been suspected in her daughter's disappearance. There's something there.

I have a feeling that the custody issues are tumultuous at best and that's why she was suspected in this, add to that the fact that she is reported to have changed her story a couple of times while her daughter is missing.

But, I agree @SimplySpaztastic , there is something going on, something that they aren't telling about directly, only hinting at.

So, I did some digging too.

Most articles quote the mother as saying that the great-grandparents were watching the children while she was moving into an apartment. But I did find one where the police are quoted as saying that the great-grandparents had temporary custody of the 3 children. So, the custody hearing today seems like it could be more of the mother challengning them for custody rather than them going after her.

One thing that got me digging deeper was that while the articles quoted the mother as saying her children were being babysat while she moved into an apartment, she was also quoted as saying that she was told about her daughter being missing while at a tattoo shop with her boyfriend.

That bothered me, if you're children are being watched while you move (logical around the first of the month btw) why are you at a tattoo parlor and not, well, moving? I've moved before when I have had all of my boys, if they were babysat, I worked my ass off moving in one day and picked them up, I didn't run off to the tattoo shop with my boyfriend.

I'm starting to not see the mother as much of a victim in this. It's starting to sound like the mother is off doing whatever she wants while her 70+ year old grandparents are trying to raise her 3 children- ages 4, 3 and 2.

I do still believe that the child just wandered away, or at least I believe that the great-grandparents had no hand in this.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...lice_say_many_unanswered_questions_exist.html

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...ing-missing-toddler-trumbull-county/73278082/

Wow wouldn't be trusting that rescuer at all. They need to look into him, check his computer.
My god, I was thinking the same thing...am I becoming like Jack?? I mean, two days...half mile from home...was that child really out there all that time, or plunked down by the rescuer minutes beforehand?? His call sounded scripted to me - no inflection in the voice. "I'm coming honey...etc etc."

Just a thought.

My god, I was thinking the same thing...am I becoming like Jack?? I mean, two days...half mile from home...was that child really out there all that time, or plunked down by the rescuer minutes beforehand?? His call sounded scripted to me - no inflection in the voice. "I'm coming honey...etc etc."

Just a thought.
And here I was savoring the news that two year old baby girl Rainn was found alive, these days an event that calls for celebration and I didn't even get my balloon up before someone tried to put a pinprick in it.

And here I was savoring the news that two year old baby girl Rainn was found alive, these days an event that calls for celebration and I didn't even get my balloon up before someone tried to put a pinprick in it.
Sorry. Not tryin'...:(

Back