• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

[doublepost=1453703096,1451106253][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1453703550][/doublepost]Double post feature is teh dumbth.

[doublepost=1459689388][/doublepost]

Last edited:

This is the best lie-face down-on- the- bed- crying your eyes out song evah!
[doublepost=1466445409,1466444483][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1466446117][/doublepost]

And the great New Orleans blues singer, Irma Thomas. Had the pleasure of meeting her at a free concert.

I`m the murderer and the victim
The licence with the gun
I`m a sad and bruised old lady
In an ally in a slum
I`m a middle aged businessman
With chronic heart disease
I`m another teenaged suicide
In a street that has no trees

[Chorus:]
I am the one in ten
A number on a list
I am the one in ten
Even though I don`t exist
Nobody Knows me
But I`m always there
A statistic, a reminder
Of a world that doesn`t care

I`m a starving third world mother
A refugee without a home
I`m a house wife hooked on Valium
I`m a Pensioner alone
I`m a cancer ridden spectre
Covering the earth
I`m another hungry baby
I`m an accident of birth ....

[doublepost=1470892598,1470296075][/doublepost]

I spent over twenty-four hours listening to this song over and over again. I was suffering from panic attacks most of the day and I felt that it would be better if I barricaded myself within my bedroom suite. I was drinking LaCroix sparkling water (100% natural) from a set of special addition Waterford crystal glasses from the Mad Men collection. While I was listening to the music and drinking the LaCroix sparkling water from the special addition Waterford crystal glass from the Mad Men collection, I had the television on a YouTube channel with silent movies playing. I remember one particular film with Marie Prevost, who would later starve herself to death.

I had the television on a YouTube channel with silent movies playing. I remember one particular film with Marie Prevost, who would later starve herself to death.

Pete, here is a nice song for you.

And here is one of my favorite German silent films, though this is an edited version

Last edited:
@Pete Bondurant , Wehrmacht uniforms were the best.
My favorite german war movie, "Hunde, wollt ihr ewig Leben?"

War movies made in Germany during WW2 were just like British or American: manly, brave military men, the women at home, stoic and loving, except for a token shirker who gets a comeuppance. People huddling in subways during bombing raids, singing and sharing coffee... Just typical propaganda.
After the war, German war movies are bitter, depressing, anti-war.

Last edited:
Back