• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
You are making the driver look like a criminal for not being able to think because he wanted his own life to end at the moment. That does not make him a criminal. Maybe he had no other way to end his life. Maybe he didn't want to hurt his family. Nobody had any idea what could have been going on with this man, it's sad the things people say on here, but if something like this were attempted by a family member/friend of yours, your whole perspective would change.
I think if you were the one who lost the leg your perspective would be quite different too. Same if it'd been your loved one who was suffering like that. I understand what you mean in your posts about sympathizing with someone who is not in their right mind and is obviously in so much pain or so disturbed that they want to end it all, but it's absolutely insane to imply he had no other option. No matter how upset he was, he made a conscious decision when choosing that method of departure and as such he knew it would potentially cause harm to others, yet he proceeded. Why not aim for, oh, I dunno... a tree... a lightpost... a cliff?

I'm sorry to hear this whole situation happened in the first place and that you're directly involved with those it affected, but I think why people are getting annoyed and pissed with you is because you're doing exactly what you're accusing us of -- viewing this from an extremely one-sided perspective. Why don't you have any sympathy for the others who were hurt by this? That vet isn't facing jail, sure, but Joseph DID hand him a big fat life sentence of disability and emotional damage. Why so flippant toward other's pain?

Last edited:
A man who was a vet gave an innocent man more time than he deserved. What kind of "hero" does that? Seems like a jackass who still thinks he's in the war.
Do you have any comprehension of how the American justice system works?

The victim did not press charges, the victim did not "give" him more time than he deserved. The victim did nothing other than be in his path. The State pressed charges, built a case, the State will get a conviction and the State will get the sentence.

I'm sorry that your friend did this, and that you and his other friends and family have been hurt. Maybe you could tell us some more about what was going on in his life that he felt like this was the only way? Did he have a long history of mental illness? Had he attempted suicide before?

Did he say that he wanted to die this way so that his family wouldn't find his body? Have you spoken to him since it happened? Does he still want to die? Does he feel bad about what happened to the other people who were hurt?

It's honestly not like he wanted to hurt anyone else but himself.
I hope something like this happens to someone who is close to you. Selfish piece of shit.

How was he exactly trying to hurt his family? Have you ever known a suicidal person? Have you ever been suicidal? Probably not, since you have such an un biased opinion going on here. For all I know, and believe, he wanted to end his life, and hurt himself. Nobody else. You don't decide that. And so what if he did not care for the injured? They pressed charges for a man who tried to end his life because he could not take it, instead of listening. A man who was a vet gave an innocent man more time than he deserved. What kind of "hero" does that? Seems like a jackass who still thinks he's in the war.

These are really and nasty and unfair posts. I realise that you're hurting, but lashing out at members here or at the innocent bystanders caught up in your friend's suicide attempt who did absolutely nothing wrong isn't okay, and doesn't make anyone appreciate things from your point of view more. You're asking people to be senstive towards what your friend's state of mind is, then wishing that they go through personal hell themselves? Without knowing their situation? You must see how hypocritical and vile that is. Stop it. You're not doing yourself or your friend any favours by acting that way.

I hope that if you come back to post again, you've calmed down and can see things more rationally, because there's a good and productive discussion to be had here, if you could stop attacking our members and the victims who were hurt, and making people lash back out at you. The state of mental health services in the US and the UK (where I'm from) certainly need an overhaul, and in their current form, leave many people feeling desperate and as if they have no other option but to commit suicide.

I'll tell you that depression is no easy thing, and I've had suicidal thoughts as well. It can be a part of the illnes to have those thoughts. But even at my worst, I tried to come up with ideas that would minimise trauma to my loved ones and whoever found me. Although there isn't a way to do it that wouldn't traumatise loved ones. I'm truly sorry that your friend reached that point and you and his other family and friends are dealing with the pain of that.

But I, like several others, agree that suicide isn't an inherently selfish act, and that the balance of someone's mind is very disturbed by the time they've reached point, in most cases. That doesn't mean that if someone injures someone else, they shouldn't face consequences for their actions.

Would you tell is some more about the situation, preferrably without lashing out at people?

Have you ever known a suicidal person?

Yep I have. My best friend's husband, whom I loved like a brother. He was a log truck driver and he also moved mobile homes, He could have created one hell of a mess with a big truck full of logs or a truck with a 60 foot trailer on it but he sent his wife and children to the grocery store and went quietly out into the barn and shot himself in the heart. Left his life like he lived, quietly, unassuming and unselfishly. Didn't want to leave a mess or for his wife or for his children to find him splattered across the living room.

So shut your hateful piehole!

When you want to kill yourself, you try/succeed killing YOURSELF.
YOU DO NOT TAKE OTHERS WITH YOU.

Yep I have. My best friend's husband, whom I loved like a brother. He was a log truck driver and he also moved mobile homes, He could have created one hell of a mess with a big truck full of logs or a truck with a 60 foot trailer on it but he sent his wife and children to the grocery store and went quietly out into the barn and shot himself in the heart. Left his life like he lived, quietly, unassuming and unselfishly. Didn't want to leave a mess or for his wife or for his children to find him splattered across the living room.

So shut your hateful piehole!

I can't help but think leaving your wife and children in such a manner is a bit selfish.

Maybe I sound ignorant because I cared about this person and I am close with his family. How about you hop the fuck of because nobody on this post had a clue what they were talking for or about.
Teddy why don't you just shut the fuck up? You friend is such a fuck up he couldn't even kill himself properly and in turn ruined somebody else's life. Why should we have sympathy? The truth is since you're here arguing with a group of strangers about it you're probably a fuck up of equal status to your buddy. Maybe you should follow your buddy's lead. Honestly from the vile shit your spewing your momma should have taken a coat hanger to you.

Last edited:
His life insurance was paid up, he had credit life on everything he owned, house was paid for, he physically hurt no one but himself and left her financially better off afterwards, he is very much missed but he was in mental pain and anguish from clinical depression, he made sure his family was taken care of. If that's selfish then so be it.

He just didn't get a wild stupid hair up his butt one day and decide that he was going to make everyone sorry for ever knowing him and nearly kill several more people on his way out. That was my point, you asshole.

@Theodore - I know you're too much of a coward to come back here and face folks after spewing your bullshit all over this thread, but fuck you, fuck you with a Giant Redwood, sideways. You are a great example of what is WRONG with people these days. Your little pal thought of no one but himself. He didn't think of any of the people he was going to damage in this pathetic little stunt, but only "poor fucking me!" Then you, you special little sneauflake, you think it's somehow right to come here and bash people for talking about your buddy in a manner you find offensive. All the compassion in the world for your friend, the Selfish Asshole Extraordinaire, yet no compassion, NONE, for the innocent victims of your chum. You've got shit twisted fuckwit. Twisted BADLY.... You should be ashamed of yourself, and of your cohort for his truly SELFISH actions. Take a long look in the mirror Sneauflake, do some self-evaluation, because I find it hard to believe that what you're looking is the type of person your parents intended to raise. Self-centered troglodyte that you are... :finger:

I think I might love you. That was fantastic. <3

I'm now wondering if 'Theodore' is actually Joseph Patton. Is he behind bars already? Because if not, it sounds to me as if he's playing the 'divert the blame game'. Just a thought.

Loser...bikers are already extra careful and looking both ways because...vulnerable on the road. And then this guy. Fuck you asshole!

My brother is mentally ill, has contemplated/attempted suicide too many times to count. If he one day kills himself I'll be sad, very sad. But, if he hurts others in the process, well guess what douche-canoe, I'm gonna get over sad real quick,
get fucking pissed off, and do what I can to make his victim's lives better.

I hope everything works out best for your Brother...<3<3<3
:devil: Suicide is weird...it really is. I have scars on my neck, big ones to prove it. For me it was really private, and I don't understand this guy either...nope. That must come from an angry place instead of the resigned place in which most suicides occur. Hurting and wanting someone else to hurt too...that is a different kind of psychotic. Broken..not fixable.

His life insurance was paid up, he had credit life on everything he owned, house was paid for, he physically hurt no one but himself and left her financially better off afterwards, he is very much missed but he was in mental pain and anguish from clinical depression, he made sure his family was taken care of. If that's selfish then so be it.

He just didn't get a wild stupid hair up his butt one day and decide that he was going to make everyone sorry for ever knowing him and nearly kill several more people on his way out. That was my point, you asshole.
Your original post failed to include these mitigating details, but I'm not talking about finances, asshole. As originally stated, it is my opinion that sending your family to the store so you can blow your brains out is selfish. I've suffered from serious depression but I'd never leave my brains splattered for my wife and children to discover. To each their own.

Do you have any comprehension of how the American justice system works?
Theodor doesn't know how the American justice system works, based on this quote:
A man who was a vet gave an innocent man more time than he deserved.
If theodor did know how the American justice system works, he would know the following:
The victim did not press charges, the victim did not "give" him more time than he deserved. The victim did nothing other than be in his path. The State pressed charges, built a case, the State will get a conviction and the State will get the sentence.
I'm now wondering if 'Theodore' is actually Joseph Patton.
I don't believe theodor is joseph patton. If he were then he would know exactly how the American legal system works and would not be capable of keyboarding the following:
[snip because already quoted]

--Al

How was he exactly trying to hurt his family? Have you ever known a suicidal person? Have you ever been suicidal? Probably not, since you have such an un biased opinion going on here. For all I know, and believe, he wanted to end his life, and hurt himself. Nobody else. You don't decide that. And so what if he did not care for the injured? They pressed charges for a man who tried to end his life because he could not take it, instead of listening. A man who was a vet gave an innocent man more time than he deserved. What kind of "hero" does that? Seems like a jackass who still thinks he's in the war.

What the bloody fuck is wrong with you?? Seriously, are you the driver?? Did you go full fucking retard?? The biker had NOTHING, ZERO, ZILTCH to do with this crash except he was enjoying his life.

Be off Troll

Back