• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I found her Facebook and a few images of the son. She looked like she used to party a lot (I found an old one too where it's her in bikinis) but since having him she stopped? I dunno though. It has me wondering even though in sure he paid her, why didn't she have a nanny instead of her boyfriend who has past inclinations of violence?

I'm just tired of the indigent mothers being portrayed as "victims" of evil male penises who put them in this terrible situation.
Uhh... what website you been hanging out on??? Most members here castigate the mom right along with the penis. They shouldn't be leaving kids with the penis-de-jour.

A deadbeat parent is a deadbeat - whether the recipient is on welfare or not. Anyone on welfare wouldn't see child support anyway. The state would take it (up to the amount of the benefit). As for parents with deadbeat ex's being "victims", I am clueless where that fits in this case.

Very little has been said about the situation between AP and this woman other than they used to date casually when she lived in the Twin Cities and that he was only recently determined to be the father. If no support order was in place yet, the state won't retroactively go after him for anything (because you can't get a support order for a dead baby). Even if they could, it is his obligation not the taxpayers. If there was an order in place, I have no doubt he was current on it (he ain't that stupid).

Uhh... what website you been hanging out on??? Most members here castigate the mom right along with the penis. They shouldn't be leaving kids with the penis-de-jour.

A deadbeat parent is a deadbeat - whether the recipient is on welfare or not. Anyone on welfare wouldn't see child support anyway. The state would take it (up to the amount of the benefit). As for parents with deadbeat ex's being "victims", I am clueless where that fits in this case.

Very little has been said about the situation between AP and this woman other than they used to date casually when she lived in the Twin Cities and that he was only recently determined to be the father. If no support order was in place yet, the state won't retroactively go after him for anything (because you can't get a support order for a dead baby). Even if they could, it is his obligation not the taxpayers. If there was an order in place, I have no doubt he was current on it (he ain't that stupid).

I'm not referring to the attitude on this site. Just attitude that "DAD SHOULD PAY CASH" for putting his dick in. The woman chooses not to use or insist on birth control, and to continue with the pregnancy and keep the child. Fuck, if its that much of an inconvienience then offer custody to the "father." I'm not referring to this story in particular An indigent woman has NO FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY whatsoever, but the guy is expected to pull money from his ass.
Also, if mom was receiving state aid, then they would absolutely go after Peterson for reimbursement even without a order already in place. The state would claim that they are just now learning who the father is, so now they're going to seek reimbursement.

I'm not referring to the attitude on this site. Just attitude that "DAD SHOULD PAY" for putting his dick in. The woman chooses not to use or insist on birth control, and to continue with the pregnancy and keep the child. Fuck, if its that much of an inconvienience then offer custody to the "father." I'm not referring to this story in particular An indigent woman has NO FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY whatsoever, but the guy is expected to pull money from his ass.
Also, if mom was receiving state aid, then they would absolutely go after Peterson for reimbursement even without a order already in place. The state would claim that they are just now learning who the father is, so now they're going to seek reimbursement.
That's really a discussion for another thread. I think there is one on that topic in "Three Things" area that you could resurrect.

Having found out about the boy only months ago after the mother started having paternity tests to figure out the father, the footballer was planning a trip to see the child later this month. Sadly, his visit came much sooner and under much different circumstances than he envisioned.

:(

lvymISe.jpg

A man who claims to have raised the murdered love child of Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson said people should stop sympathizing with the player because he didn't even know the two-year-old, it emerged today.

Bobby Ruffin posted a rant on his Facebook page after the boy's death on Friday saying he was the person who raised him and he was even named after him.
[...]

'So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson s**t. Let me blow all your minds,' Ruffin posted on his wall which was reported today by TMZ.

'The boy who died was my son. Yes AP was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin.

'I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was. AP met my son for the first time yest [sic] when my son was already in coma.

'I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday.

'So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP s**t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.'

It emerged earlier today Peterson asked for a DNA test to confirm Tyrese was his around two or three months ago before he offered to be a part of his life.

The running back did not suspect he was being targeted by an ex-girlfriend to scam money from him but wanted definitive proof he was the child's biological father before making any 'big moves'.

Once the test came back positive, Peterson promised to be a part of his son's life and help him and his mom out financially, a source told TMZ.

Sources say Peterson is planning to fly back to South Dakota to attend his son's funeral later this week after making the decision to play in Sunday's NFL clash with the Carolina Panthers.
[...]

South Dakota State’s Attorney Thomas Wollman filed motions on Friday ordering Patterson to serve two year-long sentences that had been suspended on prior domestic assault charges.

Patterson had pleaded guilty in 2012 to simple assault in an incident involving an ex-girlfriend and her three-year-old son.
[...]

As part of his prior charges, Patterson was ordered to undergo family violence training and to stay away from the woman until completing it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Adrian-Peterson-father-son-beaten-death.html

He wouldn't be unpresidential Oblunder if he didn't give his one cent about the Redskins name, but ignored black fatherless children, avoid the real issues it could cost you votes

President Barack Obama has suggested that owner Dan Snyder think about changing the name, the league is applying pressure on the team, and any number of sportswriters have said they will not use the name in their reporting.

But, so far, nobody has criticized Adrian Peterson for his careless and cavalier sexual behavior.

The question we should be asking is not whether Mr. Peterson should have played football Sunday. But whether he should have worn a condom when having sex. Or whether he should be having sex with waitresses and dancers at all.

While the death of the boy is a horrible tragedy, that doesn't disqualify us from considering Mr. Peterson's casual approach to parenthood. Why are we so indifferent to this kind of casual, serial fatherhood?

Mr. Peterson is by no means alone. Baltimore's own adored Ray Lewis has six children by four women and is not married to any of them.

Mr. Peterson's father told reporters that the 2-year-old boy in Sioux Falls, S.D., was indeed Mr. Peterson's son, confirmed by DNA testing following the mother's realization that the boy was not the child of her ex-boyfriend.

In the days since the child's death, it has come to light that the unmarried Mr. Peterson may have had as many as five children by four different women. They include a 6-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy by his current girlfriend, a 4-year-old with a dancer in a "gentleman's club" in Dallas and a 3-month-old with a waitress in Minnesota. He is said to be providing financial support to those children.

All of this transpired at the conclusion of a week when the call for the Washington Redskins to abandon a nickname viewed by some as offensive reached fever pitch, culminating in sportscaster Bob Costas' self-righteous address, delivered during halftime of Sunday Night Football.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...ear-old-boy-child-abuse-sunday-night-football

Last edited:
Apparently he takes care of them all financially, but is that enough?
I'm a fan of Peterson the football player, but
Peterson and Ray Lewis have sired a fatherless football team and a few back-ups
Ray 6
Peterson 7
Peterson, 28, has admitted that he only saw the boy for the first time after the child was in a coma.

It was unclear if Peterson has met his little fan/daughter, but the baby’s mother said she was upset over the little boy’s death.

“Today has been a long day finding out my [daughter’s] brother passed away and knowing that she never even got to meet him,” the mother, a steak-house waitress, said on her Facebook page, according to TMZ.com. The Web site said the girl’s birth certificate lists Peterson as the last name.

But another woman has come forward to say she is the mother of another Peterson child — a 4-year-old boy — and that the running back has fathered enough children to run offense on seven-on-seven drills.
http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/adrian-peterson-could-have-7-kids-ex/

Last edited:
Joseph Patterso Accused Of Murdering NFL Adrian Peterson’s 2yo Son Arrested For Kidnapping, Assault
6svuhu.jpg

Joseph Robert Patterson, who is accused of killing Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son, Tyrese Robert Ruffin, in 2013, has been arrested again after allegedly kidnapping the boy's mother.​
The man charged with killing Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son last year has been arrested for kidnapping and assault while out on bond for that violent beating death.
Accused killer Joseph Robert Patterson, 28,
[...]
is now being held on a $1 million cash-only bond after allegedly kidnapping and attacking the slain boy's mother at her apartment early Tuesday.
Patterson, who has a history of domestic incidents, had been free on $750,000 bond after charged in Tyrese Peterson's tragic death in October 2013.
He was ordered to stay away from the boy's mother, whom he was living with at the time of the boy's death, as well as anyone else in her family.
Instead Patterson allegedly visited the woman at her apartment and choked her twice, causing her to lose consciousness
[...]
"Mr. Patterson is a danger to both the victim and the community," Judge Joni Cutler said at Patterson's court appearance
[...]
He was booked into the Minnehaha County Jail early Wednesday morning on charges of Aggravated Assault Domestic; Interference with Emergency Communication; Kidnapping in the First Degree as a Class C Felony and 3rd Degree Intentional Damage to Property,
[...]
Meanwhile Lincoln County State's Attorney Tom Wollman has reportedly filed a motion to revoke his previous $750,000 bond on the 2013 murder case.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...drian-peterson-son-arrested-article-1.1844226

When is it gonna sink in that violent motherfuckers will ALWAYS be violent motherfuckers? Let out all the potheads and bad check writers. Keep in all the baby rapers and killers/beaters.

Simple? Done!

Dammit.

Why the fuck was this stupid motherfucker out to violently assault someone else. Whoever said yes to that should really be patting themselves on the back right about now coz that was a great decision. Simply fuckin fantastic.

He beat a child to death and gets a bail set? I think if any crime screamed for a remand then the beating death of a child would be it.

A South Dakota jury on Tuesday convicted a man of second-degree murder in the death of the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

The Lincoln County jury deliberated more than five hours before finding Joseph Patterson, 29, guilty of second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter and aggravated battery, the Argus Leader reported.

The deliberations followed two weeks of testimony about the October 2013 death of Tyrese Robert Ruffin, the son of Patterson's girlfriend and Peterson.

Patterson has denied that he hurt the boy. He said Tyrese choked on a strawberry fruit snack and that he called 911 to report that the toddler wasn't breathing. Tyrese was taken to a hospital and died two days later.

A doctor who testified for the defense said autopsy photos indicated injuries consistent with a child being given CPR after choking.

Patterson faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison. He still will have to face another trial for the alleged attack against Doohen.
[...]
Prior to the trial, Patterson was freed on a $750,000 bond, but it was revoked when he was arrested on aggravated assault and kidnapping charges in an alleged attack on Tyrese's mother, Ashley Doohen, in June 2014.

Patterson went to Doohen's apartment, twice choked her and once caused her to become unconscious. She eventually was able to call a relative, and her parents contacted police. Prosecutors say Patterson held Doohen at the apartment for more than an hour and injured her.

Patterson was released on bond again after the new charges were filed but his bond was revoked in January because authorities say he violated the terms by harassing Doohen over the phone.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...man-convicted-death-Adrian-Petersons-son.html

Last edited:
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — A man convicted in the death of the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been sentenced to life in prison in South Dakota.

The child, Tyrese Robert Ruffin, died in October 2013. An autopsy concluded he sustained four blows to the head that doctors said couldn’t have been accidental.

A jury in September convicted 29-year-old Joseph Patterson of second-degree murder, which carries a life sentence. He was sentenced Thursday.

Tyrese was the son of Patterson’s girlfriend and Peterson, who has said he found out Tyrese was his son about two months earlier.

article-peterson-1119.JPG
Tyrese Ruffin, 2, the son of Adrian Peterson, was killed in 2013 by Joseph Patterson. Patterson was sentenced to life without parole.

Peterson had been working with Tyrese’s mother to arrange meeting the boy when he was told Tyrese was hospitalized.

Peterson said he raced to South Dakota and saw Tyrese a day before he died.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...eterson-2-year-old-son-life-article-1.2440956

From his facebook......

Joey Patterson
Almost a month ago I was wrongly convicted and held responsible for the death of a very sweet little boy named tyrese. I emphasize the word wrongly, because I am not guilty! I did everything in my power to save tyrese! I fought desperately and helplessly for his life. Tragically, we couldn't save him. My heart was broken, when we lost Ty, along with the many others who were fortunate enough to share his life. My heart always has and always will go out to his mother Ashley and her family. To loose a child, is beyond words... But what has happened to me in the midst of loosing Ty is wrong! One tragedy was enough, there didn't need to be two.

Now, everything that meant anything has wrongfully been taken away from me for something I did not do! Where have people's morals gone? What happened to standing up for what's right? I no longer have faith in people or our judicial system. Sadly, people automatically assume that just because they hear or see something on tv, in the paper, or on social media, that it's true...? On the other hand our judicial system is far more concerned with accusations and prosecutions than it ever will be with the TRUTH or FACTS!

Just FYI, 16 jury's were selected to sit and listen to my entire trial and weigh the evidence and testimonies presented to them. Resources indicate that 8 were leaning guilty and 8 were leaning not guilty. Before deliberations started, 4 alternates were chosen and a jury of 12 remained. Of the 4 alternates chosen, 3 would have voted NOT GUILTY. The 1st initial vote in deliberation was 7 to 5. Let's be HONEST...let be REAL, TRUTH is... I should have NEVER been convicted and my name should have rightfully been cleared and charges aquitted!

This is a prime example that doing the right thing isn't always the easiest or what everyone wants, but it's done because it's the right thing to do! A good person stands up for what's right even when it goes against the grain! Now, an innocents mans life has been taken and his family and loved ones have been left to suffer this injustice!

Even with a major injustice like this, you will NEVER force me to admit something i did not do! Not today, not tomorrow, not ever! I'm just not built that way. I was raised to stand up for what's right. Again, loosing Ty was awful and more than any family should have to be put threw.

Please believe and understand this fight isn't over! They have taken me away from this world at the moment, but you will see me again. Until then, my heart goes out to my son porter, my loving family, and my supporters. My love for you is beyond words.... Beyond distance... Beyond time...

Mobile Uploads · Oct 25 ·

Oct 02, 2017

Joseph Patterson is currently serving a life sentence after a Lincoln County jury convicted him of second degree murder in 2015 of two-year-old Tyrese Ruffin.

Monday morning, his defense attorneys laid out their appeal arguments in front of the state’s highest court.

“This case really begins on October 9th, 2013,” Patterson’s Defense attorney Ellery Grey said. “911 dispatch receives a frantic call from Mr. Patterson asking for help. He's claiming that a two-year-old boy in his care is choking, he's turning blue and later on in that phone call you can hear Patterson say, I got it. I got the piece of fruit.”

Throughout the original jury trial, the defense argued Tyrese Ruffin died from choking on a gummy fruit snack.

“ER personnel were immediately suspicious of Patterson’s choking story,” Prosecutor Paul Swedlund said. “T.R. presented with brain bleeding, brain swelling and retinal bleeding, all symptoms of trauma to the head, not choking.”

Both the state and the defense presented expert medical witnesses with conflicting testimony about the cause of death.

“What would have gotten the jury to decide one way or the other,” Patterson’s defense attorney Michael Butler said.

The defense argues the state shouldn't have been allowed to influence the jury with examples of how Patterson disciplined kids in the past.

“This argument that because he has once before hit children, therefore he must have the same motive when this happens…the court should reverse on this ground,” Grey said for the defense.

The defense also argued those prior acts were used by the prosecution to construct a false narrative about what happened in the time Patterson was left alone with Tyrese.

“In that five minutes, the state would say Tyrese pointed at the TV, Tyrese was whining, Tyrese wanted the channel to change, Joe Patterson snapped--none of which there is a factual basis in this record for. That is the absolute misuse of other acts evidence,” Butler said for the defense.

Supreme Court Justice Glen Severson questioned the prosecution about the intent of presenting Patterson’s prior history to the jury.

“We try people for what they do, not that they're a bad person,” Justice Severson said.

But the prosecution said state law allows prior acts to be used to prove motive, absence of accident, intent or identity.

“Here Mr. Patterson's prior abusive acts were made not just to portray him as a bad person. The prior acts were relevant here to permissible independent inferences that T.R. died from non-accidental head trauma resulting from Patterson’s abusive mode of discipline,” Swedlund said for the prosecution.

The defense is asking the Supreme Court to grant Patterson a new trial without that past history introduced to see if a jury would still deliver the same verdict.

“If they can win the case on their evidence, their medical people, let them, but don’t let them do it this way,” Butler said for the defense.

It will likely be several months before the Supreme Court rules on the five issues raised by the defense in Patterson’s appeal.
http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/South-Dakota-Supreme-Court-hears-Pattersons-appeal-449124633.html

Back