• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Update on case which apparently happened in June.

fire.jpg

LIBERTY, Mo. — A 37-year-old woman [unnamed] is charged in Clay County, Mo., with arson in the first degree after police say she tried to burn down her parents’ Liberty house in June.

In the probable cause document, police say the woman told authorities that she was reading her bible when God told her to kill her parents and burn down the house because of black mold.

Firefighters were called to the home located between 291 Highway and William Jewell College on June 29. Initially firefighters thought a clothes dryer was to blame for the blaze, but upon seeing the appliance was unplugged, ruled the dryer was not the cause. They listed the fire as an accident caused by careless smoking material.

However, on July 10 an insurance agent called police to tell them about a conversation she said she had with the woman. She said the woman wanted to file an insurance claim. The agent says when she asked her what happened, the woman told her she was reading the Bible and God told her to kill her parents and burn the house because of black mold.

When police called the woman to talk about the fire they say she said to them, “Do you want me to be honest?” When police said they did, the woman reportedly told them that she started the fire.

They say she repeated the story about reading the Bible and said she claimed she started ‘freaking out’ and thought she was supposed to start the fire. Police say she told them she used a lighter to set fire to a shower curtain draped over the washing machine. She told them she did not want to hurt anyone. According to the charging documents, she told police when the fire alarms started going off in the basement, she went to her dad’s bedroom where he was sleeping. She said he was the only person home besides herself. Police say she told them she tried to get him out of bed, but it took some time, but they did leave the smoky house. She repeated to police that she did not want to kill her parents and said she never claimed she did.

The woman faces a class C felony of arson in the first degree and could face two to seven years in prison.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/10/01/police...s-house-over-mold-with-instructions-from-god/

I sure wish a divine being would talk to me and whisper the winning powerball numbers in my ear. :angelic: I'll be good and everything. ;)

Okay now seriously, why don't people ever hear God telling them to feed the poor and love others as themselves, or to do good deeds for no reward? More of that. Less of this.

Also, I don't think she sounds crazy so much as greedy. The crazies usually follow directions and kill.

Okay now seriously, why don't people ever hear God telling them to feed the poor and love others as themselves, or to do good deeds for no reward? More of that. Less of this.

I think some people do, - and frequently. It just doesn't make the news much. Mostly because nobody ever thinks to interrogate the do-gooders about their motives ;)

I think some people do, - and frequently. It just doesn't make the news much. Mostly because nobody ever thinks to interrogate the do-gooders about their motives ;)

Yeah, I agree with you. :) But it's always the people doing this kind of stuff that say, "God told me to." Why automatically assume that God wants you to hurt/kill/destroy? Last I heard, or read, that wasn't the plan. But then, I don't have God whispering in my ear either. ;)

Last edited:
Given the rotten son of a bitch God is, i'm inclined to believe there's a good chance he actually seriously did tell this idiot to torch the place.

Back