• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

HopelessOptimist

A woman who was locked in a Los Angeles shed and beaten with a cane for nearly a year has been freed as her brother and his girlfriend face charges for torture, authorities said.

Neighbors said they've heard shouts and sounds of struggle coming from the shed but were baffled by the noises..."I could actually hear a woman, an older woman yelling for help, what sounded like somebody being hit or being forced to be submerged in some type of water," said one resident, who wished to remain anonymous.

"But I couldn't really say for 100 percent. I never physically witnessed it, but I could hear it."

Elias Abdurahman, 61, and his 50-year-old partner Sara Kebede Tadesse were arrested after police heard screams coming from the storage shed in their Lancaster backyard last week and found their alleged captive beaten and bruised inside.

The 54-year-old victim was weak, underfed and covered in "fresh and old" bruises, Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Carolyn Yeh said Monday.

Prosecutors said she was tortured and repeatedly hit with a cane, resulting in "great bodily injury," while being kept in the shed against her will. Abdurahman and his girlfriend were set to be arraigned Oct. 20. on multiple charges, including false imprisonment by violence, torture and assault with a deadly weapon. The couple tormented the woman for "revenge, extortion and for sadistic purposes," prosecutors allege in a criminal complaint.

They were being held in lieu of $1.1 million bail.

OtEacsh.jpg

And yes, the brother is a POS dick-for-a-sibling, but it's just further infuriating to know someone could hear her being beaten and tortured but decide not to get involved. Why is your useless ass involved in this interview? I bet you do want to remain ANONYMOUS, jerk.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-brother-freed-prosecutors-article-1.2379610

Wonder where the financial motive came into play. They force her to give them access to her accounts or was she receiving gov't payments due to some disability or something.

I can't blame the neighbor. It's best not to get involved with squabbles like this. Perfectly reasonable explanations for folks making such sounds in the privacy of their own home, none of our business most of the time.

Police heard screams and investigated. I wonder if the police were tipped off and claim they just happened to be there. Is this a neighborhood of - ahem - some ethnic group who does not interfere when they hear noises of abuse, especially a woman's screams, because it is all part of the culture?

Wonder where the financial motive came into play. They force her to give them access to her accounts or was she receiving gov't payments due to some disability or something.

I can't blame the neighbor. It's best not to get involved with squabbles like this. Perfectly reasonable explanations for folks making such sounds in the privacy of their own home, none of our business most of the time.

Hearing someone yelling the word help is what makes it different than what you are suggesting.

I could see a situation in which a couple who liked to "play" got rough or even were so involved in a fantasy situation that one of them might be yelling "help" or even "no." (If our neighbors didn't know my husband and I so well they would have thought we were killing each other or thought of domestic violence several times I'm sure.)

But, I also think that sounds of torture and screams for help on a regular basis should raise enough suspicion to call the cops. The neighbor is a pos and an attention whore whose only reason for remaining anonymous is probably fear of backlash.

Personally, if my neighbors called the cops on us out of concern and we were only "playing," I would appreciate that they didn't want us dead.

People yell that in jest quite often.
Yeah sure. What about the beating sounds and the sounds of someone being dunked in water.
Have you ever been to Lancaster/palmdale area?
Its full of drug dealers, dope addicts, illegals, gang bangers, etc.

I'm pretty sure the neighbor didn't call the police for one of the reasons listed above. Nothing to fear from a news crew.

Its full of drug dealers, dope addicts, illegals, gang bangers, etc.
I'm pretty sure the neighbor didn't call the police for one of the reasons listed above. Nothing to fear from a news crew.

Very valid reasons not to get involved in something then. That shit isn't worth your or your families life.

Back