• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Many more photos , info and tweets @ link below.

2D03ABB600000578-3257679-image-a-3_1443794794748.jpg

A five-month-old baby girl has been shot dead in Cleveland.

Aavielle Wakefield was travelling in a car with her mother when she was shot in the chest, with the gunman believed to have fired from a nearby apartment building.

The baby was rushed to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

SWAT teams raided the apartment building but no arrests have been made following the shooting last night, WKYC reported.

Aavielle's mother was driving with her baby and one other person in a neighborhood in the south east of the city in Ohio when the child was shot.

911 calls obtained by Newsnet5 are said to include a woman saying: 'Someone was shooting at our car and they shot the baby.'

Tributes from family friends described Aavielle as an 'angel'.

It is the third fatal shooting of a child in Cleveland in the last month. A three-year-old boy and a five-year-old boy were shot dead in separate incidents in September.

Local police chief Calvin Williams broke down in tears last night as he called for the violence to end.

He said: 'Another innocent child in our city has been taken from us, basically by thugs out there on the streets that want to carry on this vendetta against each other - and our innocent babies get caught in the crossfire.

'Enough is enough. When are we going to stop counting babies being killed out there in the streets for nothing?

'There are people who know what happened tonight. There are things all over Facebook and social media, maybe even before this happened.

'There have been people lately - brave people - who have come forward and have given us information and allowed us to close cases fast. We need that tonight.

A GoFundMe page has been set up in honor of Aavielle by friend of the family Steven Crudup.

It says: 'Another one of our children has become our angel. My best friend lost her 5-month-old daughter to senseless violence.

'Her and her family are now forced to start a new life without one of her angels.

'This is something we must stop, how many people has to die. No mother should have to hold her child in her arms as she dies in any circumstance.'

Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James tweeted his fury at the shooting.

He said: 'Like seriously man!!!! A baby shot in the chest in Cleveland. It's been out of control but it's really OOC. Ya'll need to chill the F out.

'C'mon man let's do and be better! Don't fall into the trap. This can't be only way. Accept more from yourselves. #TheLand #TheNation'.

Major Howard, three, was shot dead in Cleveland on September 15 in what was believed to be a gang-related crime.

According to Cleveland.com, investigators have obtained a warrant for the arrest of Donnell Lindsey, 22, who is suspected of firing the shots that killed young Major and injured a woman.

They and a male driver were sat in a parked car when a sedan pulled up next to them before someone inside opened fire.

On September 4, five-year-old Ramon Burnett was killed in the crossfire between two men.

He was playing football outside his grandmother's home when he was shot dead.

According to Fox5, Marlon Hackett, 19, is charged with murder. His suspected target Dontavious Williams, 18, faces weapons charges.

Photo montage here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-angelic-baby-mother-s-car.html#ixzz3nXHDhW1N

Such a beautiful, sweet angel and such a senseless, tragic killing, I really wished I knew what to do about it, cause I really would do it. We really do need to learn to get along with each other, if for no other reason, for the sake of the babies.

Such a beautiful, sweet angel and such a senseless, tragic killing, I really wished I knew what to do about it, cause I really would do it. We really do need to learn to get along with each other, if for no other reason, for the sake of the babies.

I wish that would happen cubby.. But I only see it getting worse.. These pos care only about there self ..fuck anybody who gets in there way..

I feel for the good people in cities like this..I can't imagine living like that..

'Enough is enough. When are we going to stop counting babies being killed out there in the streets for nothing?

Wow. This right here. One was too many. She was so beautiful. RIP Sweetie. Prayers for your Mama.

Back